Sign in to follow this  
pete

Hooper on the move in Jan?

Many posters on here and callers on Canary Call all fear GH will be on the move in the January window. Let me calm those fears. Gary scored 5 goals in the Premier League and has 6 this season. Not a great return but we know he has been injured and is looking good up top with Jerome.

But Hoops cost £5m and we will be looking to recoup at least that, only clubs to pay that will be Premier teams, those at the bottom who need a goalscorer to get them out of trouble, GH just not prolific enough to fit the bill.

Gary will not be going anywhere this season maybe in the summer if he can notch 15+ goals by May maybe create some not just tap ins. Hoops is essential to City''s hopes for promotion here for the long term.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I would hope that the squad dismantling can wait until Summer if we remain in the Championship.[/quote]If? IF? Is that a smidgin of optimism there HC?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I would hope that the squad dismantling can wait until Summer if we remain in the Championship.[/quote]err, we won''t know if we are remaining in the Championship until the summerso what is your point ?

@ nuff said. My view is that our squad at the end of last season was good enough to achieve automatic promotion. To achieve that we needed a gritty, external manager. My choice was Lennon. Had he been appointed I think we''d be sitting in the top two today. That outlook is considerably more positive than many on this board.