Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Wahey!! We won!! Woooo!

Get in, three points!

Ei ei ei oh! Up the football league we go!

Just thought I''d add this, seems to have been overlooked somehow...

Can I also just say how thrilled I am with the prospect of a week filled with threads pulling up stats that slate the team.

You keep going you sadact stattos, keep fighting the good fight!

Permission to feel different emotions, have opinions, feel good if we are winning, feel bad if we are losing, feel nervous if we start to fritter away big leads in matches, feel concerned that one or two players seem to lack concentration, feel excited we have a new manager, feel slightly less excited about yesterday''s result because most teams above us also won, feel we could be better than we are with a little strengthening of the squad etc etc. 

Or we could just be mindless numbskulls and go "Wahey!! We won!! Woooo!" for days on end after a match - or maybe for normal people with brains, that feeling happens at the moment the final whistle - and then time is  spent thinking about what they have seen and the possible ramifications/improvements needed etc etc.  

Each to their own......

I don know but will you be as gutted as you were yesterday when we won?

We won but the fans are vindictive about it it''s amazing!

The thing we heard time and time again under Hughton was "I''d rather we out scored the opposition than go defensive all the time" EXACTLY what we did yesterday but.... Big surprise... Not good enough.

Just waiting to hear that John ruddy saved the penalty "wrong" and none of our goals should have counted.

It''s a bizzare, macabre dance. Always looking towards the negative. Treating the club like a punching bag. I find it so strange. I feel like the only person on here happy we won yesterday.

Perhaps message boards are no longer about fans (remember ncfc has well over 30,000) not the infinitely smaller number that frequent this board) expressing and sharing opinions, negative or positive.If not, what are they for?

I just think fans have forgotten the joy of going to the football.

Carrow road feels flat, even in the face of a new manager and lots of goals. And winning.

My theory is the whole "premier league experience" ruined some fans, it really did. The exposure, the video games, match of the day. It just ruined some fans. It''s a shame. I just hope they can rediscover why they started supporting the club in the first place. Not for the glamour and crap gary lineker cooking puns but because it represents where they are from in the purest possible way.

[quote user="Buh"]I just think fans have forgotten the joy of going to the football.

Carrow road feels flat, even in the face of a new manager and lots of goals. And winning.

My theory is the whole "premier league experience" ruined some fans, it really did. The exposure, the video games, match of the day. It just ruined some fans. It''s a shame. I just hope they can rediscover why they started supporting the club in the first place. Not for the glamour and crap gary lineker cooking puns but because it represents where they are from in the purest possible way.[/quote]It could also be that some of the fans that turned up during the Lambert era expected it to be like that always, and simply can''t handle the fact that those good times are actually rare occurences for most clubs.

[quote user="Buh"]I just think fans have forgotten the joy of going to the football.

My theory is the whole "premier league experience" ruined some fans, it really did. The exposure, the video games, match of the day. It just ruined some fans. It''s a shame. I just hope they can rediscover why they started supporting the club in the first place. Not for the glamour and crap gary lineker cooking puns but because it represents where they are from in the purest possible way.[/quote]we won ...but look at how many more yards Cardiff gained in their throw ins on the left hand side in the 3rd eighth of the game compared to ours - a staggering 38.32% morein fact overall Cardiff players ran at an average of 0.86 mph faster than our playersscored both goals with only two on the top where we averaged 4.65 on the top for our goals with Ruddy''s drop kicks remaining in the air a good 0.34 seconds longer than their keeper so allowing their players more time to get under the ball,  Lafferty heading the ball three times less than their number 9 and Redmond being constantly out of position (more than 7 yards from the touchline) you have to accept that maybe we did not win after all

For me the shocking statistic is that Cardiff had four shots on target and scored two goals, a conversion rate of 50%, whereas we had seven shots on target and scored three goals, a conversion rate of just 42.9%.If Cardiff had managed eight shots on target, they would have won 4-3.  Just not good enough at this level.  If we had had just one less shot on target then we would not have scored.  We can''t keep throwing points away like this, even though we didn''t.  Neil needs to learn quickly or we will be midtable at best, though I think we are probably just about safe from relegation unless we go into administration, which could happen as let''s face it, nobody at the club knows anything about business.

"whereas we had seven shots on target and scored three goals"some might think that means we had 4 failed ''assists'', but www.saddo.com doesn''t list the number of failed assists where the players shot was blocked or the shot went wide, or the player failed to left off a shot so that number would most likely be far highernor does it list failed assists where the assist did not reach the scorer ... intended scorer or notps was Turner''s ''handball'' last week an ''assist'' or was he just the last City player to touch the ball before the next player scored ... if so could someone explain the difference ?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]For me the shocking statistic is that Cardiff had four shots on target and scored two goals, a conversion rate of 50%, whereas we had seven shots on target and scored three goals, a conversion rate of just 42.9%.If Cardiff had managed eight shots on target, they would have won 4-3.  Just not good enough at this level.  If we had had just one less shot on target then we would not have scored.  We can''t keep throwing points away like this, even though we didn''t.  Neil needs to learn quickly or we will be midtable at best, though I think we are probably just about safe from relegation unless we go into administration, which could happen as let''s face it, nobody at the club knows anything about business.[/quote]Enjoyable sarcasm dear boy.

My theory is the whole "premier league experience" ruined some fans, it really did. The exposure, the video games, match of the day. It just ruined some fans. It''s a shame. I just hope they can rediscover why they started supporting the club in the first place. Not for the glamour and crap gary lineker cooking puns but because it represents where they are from in the purest possible way.[/quote]
I find myself agreeing with you on the Buh, the atmosphere does feel strangely flat, I think it shows the major fault in the club this season, expectations. Having just come from three seasons in the Premier League it seems like the whole of the club just expects to win, we forget that we actually need to earn the win. Even 5-0 against Millwall and Huddlesfield couldn''t get a decent atmosphere in the ground, the away fans were making more noise!
To be blunt, we are lazy and arrogant, AN will hopefully remedy this by reminding us all that we need to work hard if we are going to get promotion.

Calling Iwan Roberts "Robbo" and pretending to be his friend on the Internet

.... Lame as hell