Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Redmond to Liverpool & Ibe to City on loan as part of deal?

Was having post match dinner in TGI and heard the table next to me discussing this as though it was fact!

Anyone heard anything or just talk?

Sounds like wishful thinking? haven''t seen or heard anything since the rumour about Liverpool before Christmas, though personally I would love Redmond to stay (not sure Liverpool need him anyway) as the best is still to come from him. Thought he had a great game Saturday with RM linking up well, we looked good down that flank, and Redmond was unlucky not to get on the score sheet.

Still to be convinced that NR is ready for the Prem yet. There continue to be big question marks over the final product/shooting that would be required at Prem level ?But I''m now  a lot more confident that AN has the skill to bring him on in our team to get consistency to add to his undoubted pace and dribbling talent. What he needs now is a prolonged run in our first team in a style that suits him. If that were to happen, and he progresses ,then we have enough fire power to take advantage of him and then he could yet be playing Prem football with Norwich in the not too distant future.But, I suppose if someone (Liverpool ?) were to offer him big bucks, then he''s as good as gone.

If Liverpool are genuinely interested in Redmond then why don''t we play hardball, seeing as though we do not need to sell.

No loan deals for any of their players as has been suggested.

Let us have Ibe and Jon Flanagan on full transfer then a deal may be done. Ibe would fill Redmonds position and Flanagan would give us the pacy full back we need on the right.

Let us not become the good old Norwich of the past where we undervalue our players when selling them on.

Saying that McNally did great with RVW,Snodgrass and Fer so don''t think that would happen anymore

Keep him at all costs despite the offers.

The creativity he''s providing from the wing is invaluable at the minute, every time he gets the ball it looks like we''re going to create a clear cut chance/shot at goal, and that''s the reason why he currently is statistically the highest chance per minute creater in the entire Championship! Prices are inflated in January and that works both ways, we would be left with lafferty/Murphy/e.bennett...now that is not enough cover and quality to replace him, and buying a suitable replacement is going to be millions.

Getting is us promoted as we all well know is worth near hundreds of millions. Keeping him until the summer could be the different between going up and staying down. If liverpool want to offer crazy money for him in the summer then that''s the time to consider it more carefully but even then another season in the premier league he could well develop into a 20 million plus player.

I thought Redmond was outstanding on Saturday , and I agree completely that the partnership with RM was superb. Seems to me that NR is now receiving balls to run onto, which before were coming to his feet. So he had to create momentum. On Saturday a couple of passes inside the full back allowed him to use his pace to get in behind.

On that display I would be gutted to see him go.

[quote user="GPB"]

I thought Redmond was outstanding on Saturday , and I agree completely that the partnership with RM was superb. Seems to me that NR is now receiving balls to run onto, which before were coming to his feet. So he had to create momentum. On Saturday a couple of passes inside the full back allowed him to use his pace to get in behind.

On that display I would be gutted to see him go.

[/quote]

Well said GPB, sums it up, and he will only improve in time.

GPB,

IMO you are correct. I think NR will be and is a better player with RM behind him, they link very well, which is testament to RM and his reading and understanding of the game, something I think many fans fail to give him credit for. Furthermore RM was up and down the wing just as much as NR, gave a lung busting performance IMO.

Redderz will be a decent Premier League winger in a few years, with the right development he could be great.

Why on earth Liverpool want him now is beyond me. He would cost a fair bit, and with a reasonable fee comes reasonable expectations of a first team impact. He still occasionally struggles to impact on our team, let alone a team that see''s themselves as title-contenders for the next few years.

If Liverpool really want someone like him, why would they not just give Ibe a go? He is free and one of their own...

Rodgers has done enough damage in the last window in the fans eyes. The fans who have been moaning how he failed to get people who really improve their team over last year. I can''t see how Redmond would really improve their team for a few years at least

Nope. One of our best already, with the potential to certainly be our best player.
Also, pretty much a requirement if we''re serious about promotion.

It will be a sad day if we let Redmond go, not the action of a club seeking priomotion and as such I am confident he will stay.

Ray - You are Russell Martin and I claim my £5....

either that or you are his dad!

[quote user="canarycop"]If Liverpool are genuinely interested in Redmond then why don''t we play hardball, seeing as though we do not need to sell. [/quote]lmaothe board will settle for a poor offer thats no where near what his market value is, and not taking into account his potential, just like they usually do, its always been the casewhen you consider the money thats in the premier league, we should (but wont), as you rightly suggest, hold them to ransom and let the lad know hes our player until we get an absurd offer which matches his potential.especially when you consider whats been paid for players such as ross mcormack recently, and that was to another championship teamEnglish players with genuine potential and ability are generally sold at over blown prices, theres zero reason if liverpool want him they should have to pay over the odds, especially during January, and even more so given what theyve paid for players like henderson in recent times.

if the talk of 10 million is correct we should tell them to stick it and ask for 20. he is probably going to be a full england international within two seasons, should he leave and develop as he should do he could be a 30 million pound player within 5 years, possibly more given how transfer fees and interest balloon in such a short period

[quote user="iron stan"]English players with genuine potential and ability are generally sold at over blown prices, theres zero reason NOT FOR liverpool to have to pay over the odds, especially during January, and even more so given what theyve paid for players like henderson in recent times.

[/quote]edited, the other version didnt make sense lol