Sign in to follow this  
shaunieboy77

Top Six

Evening. I think Brentford and the scum are in similar situations. Both over achieving. But really only have a starting 11, should either sell or get the usual injuries I see both falling from top six. However I belive we should be aiming top 2 until it''s mathmatically impossible. I belive we will do it.

Potentially all of them but Derby the least likely too.I can see all others getting major jitters once the pressure is on towards the end of the season. We have to hang in there and beat all our rivals when they come to FCR.Just need to get our defense sorted & we''ll be fine - 1st or 2nd.

Those stupid defeats to Reading will certainly hurt us come the end of the season

Pressure has to be on us more than those currently sitting in the top six , every slip up will hurt us more as we are playing catch up , defeat to Brentford will leave us again six points off the play offs assuming Watford get the expected win over Blackpool .Would have to say Brentford look the most likely to fade , Ipswich have been 2nd or 3rd now for quite a while and the expected slump just has not come along , maybe Chris Hughton can do us a favour Weds .Afraid Adams terrible run of results has made going up a much harder task than it should have been , its any three from eight .

Frankly with Ipswich already on 50 pts they only need another 24 or 25 to virtually guarantee a play off spot at least, and that should be an easyish target for them at not much over 1 point per game. Same scenario for Bournemouth and similar also for Derby and Middlesbro.  Brentford look the most vulnerable, so will be an ideal opportunity to see what they''re like and hopefully take 3 points from them next Saturday. Wolves, just behind us on goal difference only, are a worry, with current form very impressive. Its down to 6 from 8 so lets hope there''s a couple start to lose a bit of form, though Saturday was typical with all top 8 except Derby winning.

brentford ,watford and the binners

borough are better than people think, considering his inexperience karankas doing a cracking job

but thats not for city to worry about ,we need to stop slipping up against bang average teams like charlton, rotheram, brighton and the owls

We should have enough to make the playoffs - otherwise the board has made another catastrophic error of judgement - and therefore we have a one in four chance of promotion. That being the case we should retain players in our squad who might get a PL offer - Ruddy, Olsson, Tettey, Redmond, Hooper and, possibly, Howson and Johnson - until the Summer at which time finances and player aspiration will force the same of our better players.

[quote user="yoda"]Those stupid defeats to Reading will certainly hurt us come the end of the season[/quote]

And the win at Bournemouth was massive. IF we can take points off the top 6, it goes without saying that we have a very good chance of finishing above them. Having said that, we do also need to cut out the poor performances against the lower sides too.

Ive got a feeling that Derby and Brentford might buckle under the pressure, think Bournemouth are nailed on for one of the top 2 spots, not sure about the other one as yet, lots of games and points to play for yet

Funny how differently we see it ,, I think witha couple of tough games for Bournemouth , an injury or two , and that will be them out of the top two . I spoke to a Derby fan today who is distraught over the loss of Ibe back to Liverpool , so maybe they might struggle , but I see Derby , Middlesbrough and us at the top in another 5/6 weeks . Ipswich , Brentford , and Bournemouth dropping away , Watford will be up ther too I think , my opinion for what it''s worth !

I don''t think we''ll see much of a drop off from any of the teams above us as Derby, Watford, Middlesborough and Brentford have all had dips in form but remained reasonably consistent. Fans ought to accept that it''s practically over as far as a top two finish is concerned, as we haven''t got any room for error and can''t rely on the teams above us to slip up.We''re certainly no better than Watford or Brentford. And only Ipswich, who are in very much a false position, stand out as being worse than us. So why do fans expect us to suddenly get better and overhaul the teams above us with another rookie at the helm? The best we can hope for is to get very lucky, grind out results and somehow keep ahead of Wolves to squeeze into 6th place.