Sign in to follow this  
coops

John Ruddy

We need Ruddy back on form, to me it just seems like a confidence thing, if that is the case then surely AN and co will be making that priority ?

If he has other issues then they need to be understood by management and if affecting his game he should be dropped, has he closed his twitter account ? i was following him, but this morning can''t find him or anything about him, hope he is ok, we have named our dog after him........

my little girl called him Ruddy, she couldn''t make up her mind between Howson or Ruddy, so its the ruddy dog who makes a mess of things every once in a while, but he is getting better !! but had no offers for him this window...........

Plenty of players get sold when it''s not required. It''s a question of whether a sum like £8m could be better employed elsewhere, eg we could buy a couple of midfielders and a defender or two with that amount. It would be a tactical move to raise the overall quality and we''ve got a good keeper in Rudd who''s now ready to step up.

But with Bunn also going we will still need to sign a keeper. Would you go for an experienced bench man, or a young buck?

We''ve got plenty of money to spend on other positions, without weakening the (vital) Keeper''s  slot

"Some fans like to make themselves feel big by making stuff up about players. It''s proper sad."

Question is Buh, will you be "big" enough to apologise if and when it becomes public knowledge. Well, more public than it is now.

Someone with the internet and an IQ higher than the number of fingers they possess would be able to work it out for themselves anyway.

I think most of the Goalkeepers who have played here this season have performed better than Ruddy. Saved a pen, but it was the first I can remember. Other than that he played like a man with no confidence. His two goal kicks out of play, it was met with some noise from the crowd, i expected him to then get on his phone an twitter then and there!

Frankly no other club will come in for him on this seasons performances .

If the new Manager sees him for a couple of weeks, he will drop him, Rudd would not let us down.

If he dropped his fellow Scottish right back (thankfully) he will have the guts to drop Ruddy.

Generally has been poor the past two seasons

It is a complete mystery to me how people can make statements like Declan Rudd is ready to replace Ruddy in the team. Where on earth are they getting the evidence from to make that statement. It is pure guess work and speculation. It is clearly true that Ruddy is struggling for confidence and form and is not operating at the same superb level as before. However the answer is not to gamble on a young keeper untried at this level. By all accounts Rudd had a decent season on loan last year at league 1 level but I was at Shrewsbury and frankly he wasnt great that night. It would be a rudiculous risk to throw him into the team and gamble at this stage of the season. The new manager has made it clear that he has no intention of selling Ruddy by telling Mark Bunn he can find a club.I would suggest that instead of unfairly hammering a bloke who has been a superb keeper for the team and made a world class penalty save yesterday we get behind him and support him.

[quote user="canarydan23"]"Some fans like to make themselves feel big by making stuff up about players. It''s proper sad."

Question is Buh, will you be "big" enough to apologise if and when it becomes public knowledge. Well, more public than it is now.

Someone with the internet and an IQ higher than the number of fingers they possess would be able to work it out for themselves anyway.[/quote]

He found himself another woman abroad didn''t he. Slight problem with that, he''d not told his wife and got permission.

Will I apologise when a lie some sadact basement dwelling "fan" made up to deliberately try and undermine one of our best players because it makes them feel big and fills a void in their empty pathetic lives?

No

You act as if this is the first time our "fans" have done this. This sewing circle b0llocks has been going on for ages. Makes me sick to my stomach basically.