Sign in to follow this  

Alex Neil

Set to get sacked if doesn''t beat Brentford!

Neil Adams was effectively sacked because he failed to keep in touch with the top 2. Alex Neil needs either promotion this season or a top eight finish this season followed by being in touch with the top 2 next season. If he fails to achieve either of these tasks then he''ll be gone, and I don''t think the football would improve to the extent that we''d be justified in sticking with him.Trying to play decent football in this league is hard enough, but I feel that we''re just going to fall further behind due to the club going for a Lambert replacement over a manager like Rosler who would play quality football. I think we''ll rue the day we opted for a rookie Scots battler who likes to play direct over a more experienced German who likes to play a passing game with the ball mainly on the floor.If Alex Neil fails then we''re leaving ourselves open to having a total rebuild on a lesser budget, perhaps trying to learn to play football again from scratch. More likely is that we''d soldier on playing direct football, vainly trying to outscrap better teams with a weaker squad.

Poceni, you are talking from a position of ignorance. Sorry, no other way to say it. Alex Neil does not favour direct football. Although Scottish football does tend to be more "in your face" than English football (you seem to be given more freedom to play the ball out) Accies always tried to get the ball down and play an expansive game. I wouldn''t worry. He''ll get you playing as good a game as the league will allow.