Sign in to follow this  
ruthers1

First Royle now Phelan!

Both have disappeared quicker than a non-designated Everton penalty taker!!

Circumstance only or more likely that once they''ve both got wind of how badly this football club is being managed two very experienced football men have run for the hills?

If, as I suspect (and it is just my opinion) the inexperienced Alex Neil doesn''t work out in the long run Mr McNally better get ready to follow them out of the door.

Or maybe both got better offers?!

Royle was living up there I believe when he got the Norwich job, plus Everton are premier league so why wouldn''t he want to stay where his family is and work for a bigger club.

As for Phelan, if he was a candidate for the job and didn''t to get it it was always going to end this way, plus there are also rumours about him going to work with Bruce, which makes sense.

The plan for a manager to come to Norwich on their own to work with a stable backroom has been ditched already. We''re back to a manager bringing their mates with them, then all of them leaving when he gets the boot. Alex Neil''s arrival means that Colney will now become infested with Haggis munchers.Unless NcNumpty gets lucky with a decent manager then the board will continue to run round like headless chickens making hare-brained decisions until we get relegated to League One.

[quote user="Poceni Kanarski"]The plan for a manager to come to Norwich on their own to work with a stable backroom has been ditched already. We''re back to a manager bringing their mates with them, then all of them leaving when he gets the boot. Alex Neil''s arrival means that Colney will now become infested with Haggis munchers.Unless NcNumpty gets lucky with a decent manager then the board will continue to run round like headless chickens making hare-brained decisions until we get relegated to League One.[/quote]

I shouldn''t rise to it, I guess, but I''m going to point out that many of our best players over the years have been Scottish.   Bryceland, Curran, Forbes, MacDougall, Bone, Gunn, Mackay, Fleck, Snodgrass and many, many other Scots have been excellent for us.  Our connection with Scotland and Scottish players is built into our club''s history.   Sad-@rse  comments like yours do no good to anyone. 

Also, I''ll point out that our best manager possibly ever was a young Scotsman, but hey, you carry on with your prattle.   And if your brain cell can cope with  anymore, I''ll also point out that one of the reasons we struggled so badly as we went down to League one, was a huge debt and financial situation that was a very real threat to the club''s existence - which was successfully navigated by............"McNumpty".  

Ta ta.

Tonight Matthew, Newton and Reggie are going to be the Self-Righteous Brothers:We''ve lost that loving PhelanWoah, that loving PhelanWe''ve lost that loving Phelan,Now he''s gone, gone goneWe''re heading for League OneWoah-oh-woah-oh-woah

Obviously a new manager coming into a club will want his own immediate staff. To criticise that way of working suggests we have some pretty clued-up posters on here. Has it not occurred to some that it is the norm for managers to take their lieutenants with them. And could it be because they know how they work and probably have like-minded views on the game. Not because they are their mates as some are suggesting. Saints preserve us.