Sign in to follow this  
daz

keep telling then iwan roberts ! :)

saying swans should not buy Olsson... hope it works so he doesn''t go ! :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30894381?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_wales_sport&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=wales

Every player has their price, but Olsson would be a handy one to keep hold of. Despite his iffy positioning at times and his tendancy to get caught out, his pace has got us out of trouble. Garrido has been very unlucky not to play more this season.He''d make a cracking winger mind you.

I always wondered that about Olsson. He has all the attributes to make a great LW and we haven''t been settled there all season. We have Garrido sat around a perfectly good enough left back yet we haven''t tried that partnership once I don''t think.

I wonder if there is some contractual reason Swansea are looking to swap Taylor for Olsson?

I thought that when Olsson arrived, either NA or Martin himself mentioned that he could play on the wing? But as you say, he has the attributes to be a good winger. Pace, crossing and an eye for goal. I think that combination could work though, I think Olsson could be a different animal if he was ordered to just attack and cover. I feel a bit for Javi though and it''s a shame seeing him waste a bit.I checked the fountain of knowledge that is Wiki and on 14 December 2012, Taylor signed a new three-and-a-half-year contract with Swansea, which keeps him at the club until 2016. So it''s not like he''s free to leave in the summer. Maybe Monk doesn''t want to spend on both full back positions, hence the swap. Or is he saving his cash to replace Bony? Who knows.

I rate Olsson, although not as highly as some on here.

The point, made by a number on this thread, that he has all the attributes to play as an out and out left winger, is one that I just do not get.

The ability to take on and go past a defender is essential for a winger and I just do not see that in Olsson.