Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

RVW

Didnt we loan with an option to buy so if St Ettiene want him hes theres if not he comes back and Norwich decide whether to keep or try to sell .Wont be getting their £8 million back though .

wasn''t it announced that if you factor in the loan fee for the season and the final sell on clause we would infact get all our money back

minus lost wages/signing on fee as normal

ohh and they are paying all his wages this season

Think its 6million to make it permanent, you never know, if and i know its a big if but we get promoted he might want another crack at the premiership under a manager who can get more out of him than his previous one.

Paul you are indeed correct, all the fees would cover what we paid for him

From what I saw vs PSG on Weds evening TV NOTHING has changed. Lightweight, poor touch , no presence at all. And still prone to meet a worldy save when he does get his one chance, this time a three yard header.

We''ll be lucky if they do want him for anything like a decent price

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I think from what I have seen / read that his goal tally is relatively decent and he is well thought of in France so maybe we will get our money .[/quote]Assuming a few minutes added on at the end of the halves I make it that RvW has played about 1,850 minutes this season in competitive games and scored six goals. That works out at a goal every 308 minutes, or one every 3.4 games.

Be lucky to get enough money for weekend in Margate. Worst center forward/striker this club has ever signed in the last 100 years. At least the others wasters we signed as strikers did''nt cost 7 million plus. Whoever watched him and thought he was worth that sort of money should be sacked. Poor first touch, can''t shoot, can''t run 

[quote user="daly"]Be lucky to get enough money for weekend in Margate. Worst center forward/striker this club has ever signed in the last 100 years. At least the others wasters we signed as strikers did''nt cost 7 million plus. Whoever watched him and thought he was worth that sort of money should be sacked. Poor first touch, can''t shoot, can''t run [/quote]

That would have been Hughton and his back room staff.

Say no more

"Ricky, we know you''re really good at scoring goals from good service, and we need goals. But what we need to do is work on the defensive side of your game. I know you like the support of other attacking players alongside you but we''re going to play you up top on your own so you can prove how big and strong you are. Plus your name is so long it might confuse teams into thinking you''re two players anyway. Don''t worry if you''re not receiving the ball very much, just run around like a headless chicken. Forget everything you know about football, at Norwich City we do things the Hughton way..."

Yes purple . I think a short run of games at the start of his French season when he didn''t score maybe distorts the stats . Also yes , doesn''t seem a prolific rate ,, but check how many the " world class " strikers have managed in the same league ,, Cavani anyone ?

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Yes purple . I think a short run of games at the start of his French season when he didn''t score maybe distorts the stats . Also yes , doesn''t seem a prolific rate ,, but check how many the " world class " strikers have managed in the same league ,, Cavani anyone ?[/quote]Cavani is playing second fiddle to Ibrahimovic, whereas, going by the teamsheets, it seems the St-Etienne manager almost invariably plays one up front, so RvW either starts as the lone striker or comes on as such.You can argue that both ways. That his game (based on how he played for us) may be better suited to playing off a target man, so it is not surprising he hasn''t scored that many, or that as the lone striker he will get the lion''s share of the chances that come along and so should have done better.A factor that may be significant in all this is whether St-Etienne finish in the top three and so get into the Champions League, or at least the qualifiers. That might affect St-Etienne''s willingness to buy RvW and their ability to make us a resonable offer (given that the supposed £6m figure seems unlikely under all circumstances). The problem there is that to do so  St-Etienne will probably need to stay ahead of PSG, who really cannot afford not to qualify.

daly wrote the following post at 16/01/2015 9:59 PM:

Be lucky to get enough money for weekend in Margate. Worst center forward/striker this club has ever signed in the last 100 years. At least the others wasters we signed as strikers did''nt cost 7 million plus. Whoever watched him and thought he was worth that sort of money should be sacked. Poor first touch, can''t shoot, can''t run

Yes we have signed a few.

Just like that other one we had and I read about on here. People were really unhappy with him. What was his name? Oh yes, Harry Kane.

I have yet to see a Dutch international who is completely useless. As Purple said most of the time he is playing up front on his own, which I think we all would say is not his preferred role. I''m still happy to wait and see what happens to his career in a year or two.

At the moment he is getting plenty of game time for a team which is above PSG in their league, so it can''t be all bad.

[quote user="patrickhiggins"]2 goals tonight against Tours FC in the Coupe de France...a team in the Ligue 2 relegation zone, 18th out of 20[/quote]

I''ve never understood this line of thinking - he scored 2 goals against that team because that''s the team he was playing against. Do goals only count if they are against the top teams?

He played in a game, he scored 2 goals, what more is expected?

Get rid while he still has some monetary value.

He never showed even a glimpse that he had the quality of a decent premier league striker last year. The fact he has a Holland cap is irrelivent, I seem to remember a certain Jay Bothroyd leading the line once for England and I''m sure there are many other questionable internationals in the world. In addition the fact of the matter is that, as it stands, he is no where near that Dutch team.

It simply isn''t worth it to continue to pay his no doubt very high salary in the vague hope that he might miraculously morph into a prolific player.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="patrickhiggins"]2 goals tonight against Tours FC in the Coupe de France...a team in the Ligue 2 relegation zone, 18th out of 20[/quote]

I''ve never understood this line of thinking - he scored 2 goals against that team because that''s the team he was playing against. Do goals only count if they are against the top teams?

He played in a game, he scored 2 goals, what more is expected?[/quote]In this case, though, the most relevant factor is how many Ligue 1 and Europa League goals he scores, because that affects whether St-Etienne qualify for next season''s Champions League and so are both more likely to want to keep him and better able to pay a price we would find acceptable.