Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Hamilton falling apart

Yes and some on here would want some of their players!

Is it a case of losing their manager or Neil leaving before they were found out?

[quote user="Indy"]Yes and some on here would want some of their players!

Is it a case of losing their manager or Neil leaving before they were found out?[/quote]Losing their manager by all accounts.

Only time will tell......I remember a certain Eddie How moving to a bigger club only to go back within a year!

Sometimes tge manager and club are just suited to each other, sometimes not.

I''m very pleased to have their ex manager here and fervently hope he''s a huge success. But I feel no attachment whatsoever to his previous club. Much like I didn''t take part in the Celtic love-in during the Lambert years.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m very pleased to have their ex manager here and fervently hope he''s a huge success. But I feel no attachment whatsoever to his previous club. Much like I didn''t take part in the Celtic love-in during the Lambert years.[/quote] 

Attachment would be too strong a word, but I think that now Neil is our manager,  I certainly think it is only natural to see a recognition of a connection for a club where he was previously, especially as he was so popular a figure there and so widely respected - even loved.  Connections in football are a big part of the scheme of things and I would wish Hamilton well and that they can be successful now their figurehead has moved on.  Their history is entwined with ours, much like Sunderland has been with us since 1985. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So did you feel that attachment to Bournemouth in the 70s Lakey? I sure as heck didn''t.[/quote]

Do you want an answer on here or should he start a new thread on the subject of football connections ? [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So did you feel that attachment to Bournemouth in the 70s Lakey? I sure as heck didn''t.[/quote]Interesting question.  Actually - yes.   Our whole ethos became that of what Bournemouth had before Bond had left them - and they struggled without him and all the players/staff he took with him, so there has always been an element of us taking part of  what Bn''mth had become and I''ve always had a soft spot for them ever since.  I think the same will be true with Hamilton, for me, especially if we get one or two of their players as well as their management team. 

I couldn''t say the same with most of our shorter term managers from outside the club, but very few of them - if any - have come to us with the same kind of  history with one club that AN has had.  I know he has only just arrived, but it does feel a bit epic already.  

I wonder if you talked such ridiculous shyte when it was the other Hamilton - Bryan

or if Villa fans had this connection with us after Lambert joined themI don''t remember us having such a connection to Colchester either

There was only ever going to be one answer to that question Nutty, Lakey is very predictable in his responses to try and save face.

And for the record I personally couldn''t give a toss what happens to Hamilton Accies.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]There was only ever going to be one answer to that question Nutty, Lakey is very predictable in his responses to try and save face.[/quote]Are you really that cynical? 

The whole Accies love in does feel a bit condescending, they don''t need our pity or faux support, they''ll have been recompensed accordingly.

Now, while I hope that Alex Neil is a huge success here and I''m sure that he would want the best for his former club, I honestly couldn''t care less if they lost 53-0 every week, went bust and ended up playing in the Hamilton and District Deep Fried Pizza Slice Sunday League.

I felt no affinity to Colchester when we took Lambert, what''s the difference?

Hi Guys,

A Partick Thistle fan here who attended the Hamilton demolition party last night.

If you want to see the goals look at the SPFL site - couple of quite good ones.

We have taken ten goals off Hamilton in the last two and a half games and I certainly don''t see anyone in their team who could remotely be viewed as being good enough for your level. NOT on the same planet - not Andreu, not Hendrie ( am bemused that West Ham have offered over 2 million for him) - he was knitted a new one last night by our right back for whom Blackpool have offered 30k.

But I still rate AN and hope he does really well with you. His determination and never-say-die attitude has carried them through. His players are very ordinary though and I hope and pray you don''t get any of them.

If nothing else, if a former manager''s team fails in his wake, that indicates he''s an important part of their success and we''ve made a good choice. If Hamilton were thriving now, doing better than before he left, I''d be concerned.

Lake Dickstrict can be a tool, but I think you''re wrong for attacking him on this one.

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]The whole Accies love in does feel a bit condescending, they don''t need our pity or faux support, they''ll have been recompensed accordingly.

Now, while I hope that Alex Neil is a huge success here and I''m sure that he would want the best for his former club, I honestly couldn''t care less if they lost 53-0 every week, went bust and ended up playing in the Hamilton and District Deep Fried Pizza Slice Sunday League.

I felt no affinity to Colchester when we took Lambert, what''s the difference?[/quote]

The difference is that AN was at one club for ten years as player and manager, building up relationships in a way that has plainly left him universally liked and respected as a human being as well as a footballer and successful manager.   The comments made at Hamilton and the gestures made by that club in recognising AN''s contributions to them have shown a level of humanity that some on here don''t seem to possess.  I would call it hard faced to ignore any affiliations created by interaction between clubs in certain cases where life stories touch people as AN so obviously did at Hamilton.   Lambert has as far as I am aware shown no long term loyalty to any one club, whereas AN has - and in response his ex-club have showed a level of humanity and humility that should be recognised, remembered - and if AN turns out to be a success, congratulated for.  He may have made them successful, but they gave him the opportunity.   If we are successful under AN, then Hamilton are part of that success.    Ignore that if you like, but its true.

don''t see any attachment

if it was one of our former players as a manager then maybe

but I see no more and attachment than I do with stoke who Jerome left to join us couldn''t give a rats arse about them

as for Celtic the only think I ever with on them and their racist fans is misery

I certainly have no affinity for Hamilton, however what I do have is respect for the way they conducted themselves through the whole process from us making the 1st approach for their manager, they are a small club punching well above their weight, Hamilton is a small town more famous for its racecourse and they live under 2 very big shadows in Celtic and Rangers (even today with Rangers a league below).

And my point is they new that losing Alex Neil would have an impact that was to the detriment of the team standing, yet they openly celebrated that their man was getting an opportunity to step up.

For that they deserve recognition and respect, not pity, IMO.

I''m somewhere between LDC and Lessingham. I have taken an interest in their results and watched some of their game against Celtic on Sky at the weekend. I think there is something in the way that clubs and their fans behave which affects the way you perceive them. I recall the whole Colchester thing was a bit acrimonious, ditto the departure to Villa and previous poachings from us by Everton and Man City in years gone by have also left a slightly bitter taste. Some of the Hamilton fans who came on here seemed to have a good attitude and I found their views interesting. I have also in the past been to Hamilton, its a town with some challenges but I''d like to see them do well, that is part of the romantic side of football after all.

Has my old mate Lakey done such a good job of being a victim that those who disagree with him are percieved to be attacking him?

With the amount of people who disagree with me I must be really persecuted.......

;)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Has my old mate Lakey done such a good job of being a victim that those who disagree with him are percieved to be attacking him?

With the amount of people who disagree with me I must be really persecuted.......

;)[/quote]

Curiously, the only people that have ever called me "victim" are the ones I have tended to answer back to the most.  Is it because I am really a victim, or is it just an easy label or a last resort on their part because they have basically lost the argument and can find nothing better to come back to me with??   [A]

I don''t know the answer to that Lakey. I just can''t work out why people seem to think those who disagree with you are attacking you. If its not victimitis then why do you think it is....

When I read the title of this thread I thought it was in reference to Brian Hamilton, who has been commentating on the Afcon. Has anyone heard him? My god he talks so much sh1t.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I don''t know the answer to that Lakey. I just can''t work out why people seem to think those who disagree with you are attacking you. If its not victimitis then why do you think it is....[/quote]

Don''t know. I don''t feel attacked, but if someone looks in and sees someone saying Lakey puts things in "to save face", as Inchy did, it looks like they are just trying to discredit someone just for discussing a subject. Those that make stuff up like that are just wasting their time.

Hi folks, dipping in here once more. To answer this, Partick are a very good if very inconsistent team. They won 4-0 at Inverness who look good in third place. On their day they are a match for anyone but Accies are still 15 points ahead of them.

Tony Andreu is an excellent player who could definitely play in the Championship. To say not on the same planet, what about Stephen Dobbie and Jason Scotland? They came to the Championship from the Scottish SECOND tier. They both fitted in ok and went on to the Premiership, where admittedly they struggled. Last night I watched ex-Livingston Stefan Scougall and Marc McNulty acquit themselves very well for Sheffield Utd against Spurs and they have never played in the Scottish Premier. Tony would thrive alongside better players and a less in your face style of football. He should adapt to the quicker pace. Hendrie is a strange one. If we get £2m for him we''ll have won a watch!