Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Hughton to stop the binners going top!!!!!!

Brighton can beat them. They are not a bad side. Even under Hypia they were dominating quite a few of the games they were losing but could not put the ball in the net. I fancy them to get at least a draw tonight.

It''ll be an interesting game. They''ve got a couple of influential defenders missing including their top scorer, Lewis Dunk.Mick won''t take them lightly; the fact we''ve been in this league for so damn long means we won''t disrespect any side regardless of their league position.

Ipswich''s run has to stop at some point. They are where they are on merit, but that''s about it. Injuries to McGoldrick and Murphy will see them stuffed. How funny would it be if Hughton was the catalyst.?

[quote user="Barclay End Lower"]Ipswich''s run has to stop at some point. They are where they are on merit, but that''s about it. Injuries to McGoldrick and Murphy will see them stuffed. How funny would it be if Hughton was the catalyst.?[/quote]"They are where they are on merit, but that''s about it"Help, I can''t stop my sides from splitting. The fact we''re still there after more than half a season is no fluke! We''re a decent team with decent players and an unrivalled team spirit which gets you quite far in this league.

You''re a team of grafters PK who have the knack of shutting teams out and nicking a goal. That''s what a McCarthy team is, and that''s what I was effectively saying. Thoughts on Sears though? Strange signing to make for a team pushing for top 2, given his Championship record before.

[quote user="Barclay End Lower"]You''re a team of grafters PK who have the knack of shutting teams out and nicking a goal. That''s what a McCarthy team is, and that''s what I was effectively saying. Thoughts on Sears though? Strange signing to make for a team pushing for top 2, given his Championship record before.[/quote]We don''t just ''nick'' goals, we''re much more than that. We might not be wholly easy on the eye but our league position suggests it''s a successful approach.Sears is one of those that probably took a step down with Colchester to try and get back up. He''s scored a fair few in a poor team this season and has a decent pedigree. He''s currently fourth choice anyway so we''ll see how he gets on. If he gets into the starting XI he''ll have earnt it.

[quote user="portman_king"]It''ll be an interesting game. They''ve got a couple of influential defenders missing including their top scorer, Lewis Dunk.

Mick won''t take them lightly; the fact we''ve been in this league for so damn long means we won''t disrespect any side regardless of their league position.
[/quote]

Well, we all certainly know that''s true when you think of Norwich. It''s a long, long time since you''ve been able to get a single point against us. [:D]

I think they have a good shot. Hughton''s a good manager. The two season ticket holders I work with can''t believe how much better the performances are under him than with Hyypia. Like chalk and cheese I''m told.

Clearly, for many reasons we''ll be gunning for a Brighton win tonight, but, whatever the binners do, I have to say that , particularly with last night''s results in mind, our match on Sat  v Brentford has an air of "must win " about it .Of course it''s early days yet, and I''m aware that , even should we lose, all is not lost, but if we win, we''ll only be 5 pts off second spot . Psychologically, that''s a big step forward, not to mention that 3  back to back wins is a huge confidence booster.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Been on holiday?[/quote]Yeah I have actually, Center Parcs... very nice.[/quote]

let''s hope they got the money up front

ps what have you done with the original cortwanking, as you certainly ain''t him by a long, long way ?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Been on holiday?[/quote]Yeah I have actually, Center Parcs... very nice.[/quote]

let''s hope they got the money up front

ps what have you done with the original cortwanking, as you certainly ain''t him by a long, long way ?

[/quote]No, I''m on a payment plan for the next 25 years....And yes, I am the original from when I used to post on here 4-5 years ago.

The derby in March should be a cracker, I obviously fancy us and I bet the bookies will as well but as I''d imagine by then we''ll both probably be sitting in the play offs it would be the first one in a while to mean something besides local bragging rights.

It''s been getting boring strolling past a vastly inferior side in these last few clashes, I look forward to Ipswich actually being able to make a game of it this time, it''s been fun for sure, but rubbing it into a dejected set of fans who knew full well how sh!t their team was just isn''t as fun. They''ve got some pride and optimism back, knocking that out of them at a crucial time of the season should easily feel as good as either of the 2010/11 results

"I obviously fancy us and I bet the bookies will as well "

bookies don''t give a tossthey will simply price up in relation to the money bet

.... that''s why they are called bookmakersand not estimators

you forget that the binners are not the brightest when it comes to money .. and bettinghow much was placed on Harry Redknapp (cash''''ll do nicely) becoming their new manager ?or handing over money for what were to become worthless sharesallowing the red face shyster to sack the coach driver/kitman as there was no money,  yet then award himself another £25,000 bonus a day or so afterwards