Sign in to follow this  
Lewis Esquire

Norwich City Home Shirts

How often do you buy the NCFC home shirt? As a younger fan I used to love the idea of getting a new one for each season... But as i have got a older I don''t really see the point...

Each home shirt is yellow and green and in recent years they''ve all had Aviva splashed over the middle. Yes the shape of the neck might change and the yellow and green may differ in pattern and position slightly...

I just don''t think it''s worth the £40 to £45 quid it would cost, especially if you customised it with a name as well...

I looked at the beginning of the season, jokingly, at getting Van Wolkswinkel on my back with his new number which I think was 27, this was obviously pre-St Etienne... Anyway, I was quoted £62 - which to support a championship level team is ridiculous...

I think as a club, NCFC are too greedy AND don''t reward there loyal fans in anyway, shape or form.

How much do you genuinely believe it costs the club to produce a single shirt with a name on it? I''d be surprised if it was more than a fiver.

I personally think £25 is a good price and £35 with any name and number...

Just because global teams like Man United and Chelsea charge a fortune, doesn''t mean smaller teams like little ol'' Norwich should too...

I don''t buy our shirts because they are pretty rubbish since the days of adidas!

We go with the cheap manufacturer and the designs have been utter pants for years now.......this years home and away kit are the worst I''ve seen in a fair few years.

It never ceases to amaze me how many of our fans constantly bleat on about how we need to find a rich owner to take over the club, in other words spend millions on us, and yet aren''t prepared to spend 40 quid on a shirt.£40 for 23 home games works out at less than £2 per game (half of lager) and yet they''re too mean to spend this to support the club and wear the colours with pride. Tight b@stards. [8o|]

Do you really need to buy the latest shirt every season? I''ve recently got the 30th anniversary shirt of the Milk Cup (also the year I was born) and with my 03/04 Huckerby shirt and other Retro shirt I don''t see why I''d ever need another one. 

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Another positive thread Lewis, well done.  Is there anything you like about the club you "support"?[/quote]

they play in blue and white... he got on TV vs Southampton last week...

Just because I''ve raised a few message board posts that relate to money - it doesn''t mean I don''t ''support'' our club.

I''m very much one of a kind when it comes to ''supporting in football''... I''m more of a football fan then a Norwich fan - i go to the games with my family, it''s a day out and I do like watching the canaries... I have my favourite players like everyone and sing-a-long when need be... But am I a Norwich City fan through and through - no.

I like football, I like good football... Norwich just happen to by my local team.

Before I get to many more digs - this is my 8th year of being a season ticket holder, i think... I have 4 Norwich Shirts...

My point is, I don''t think you have to ''married'' to a club.

I go, I enjoy it.. But I aint going to go get a NCFC tattoo or anything.

I cheer when we win and boo when we lose... Football is just a game... That too many people take too seriously...

I''ll give you 20p to give your seats at carrow road to actual fans and not tourists.

Buh

If he''s had a season ticket for 8 years then hardly a tourist.

The whole shirt deal plus all the other crap they sell is a rip off so the like of ManU etc can pay players £200000 a week and we pay for it.

PS Buh before you come up with your usual snide remarks regarding me not being a city fan, I have been going to Carrow Road since 1946 and have been a shareholder since the 70''s.

I cheer when we win and boo when we lose....

So essentially you are a fickle, fairweather follower of football.

Not a supporter through thick, thin and times thoroughly terrible or triumphant. Will you be renewing or could a run of form either way away your decision..?

Does anyone really think that any club goes to a kit manufacturer like Nike or Adidas, regardless of the deal being offered? Why do you think that having bought Umbro, Nike have switched England and Man City onto Nike but left Everton and other lesser clubs with Umbro? They cherry pick the best earners for their brand.

I have no doubt that we could switch to Adidas or Nike, but it would cost us tens of thousands of pounds a year in lost revenue.

Along with Errea, Stanno, Mitre and Prostar, we also have an account with Puma. This year we have been told that we no longer deal with Puma for their strips, we have to buy them through a distributor. This distributor has bought various professional clubs to Puma (Sheff Wed and Cambridge were mentioned), but Puma themselves have gone direct to Arsenal and Newcastle and this kind of highlights the point that I am making above.

With regards to quality, Errea is up there with the best. They are the only kit manufacturer to have acheived the Okeo Tex certification and all of their kits are manufactured in Italy by grown ups, not in the far east by 12 year olds.

Regarding design, Errea will present the club with different options. These are then find tuned and adjusted until the club is happy with the end product.

It is, of course, your choice to buy them. I don''t wear them out of personal choice, but as a youngster I would get the home and away kits every year. And they were not cheap then, so I got one for my birthday and the other for Christmas.

I personally like Southamptons idea of producing their own kits.

[quote user="Just Dan"]It is, of course, your choice to buy them.[/quote]It used to be - until the club decided that they didn''t want to cater to ''bigger'' fans anymore leaving many fans totally unable to buy a shirt despite being willing and able to do so (and no, I don''t want to re-open the old debate over this either).Funny how the club are happy to sell us pints, pies and various other options that are all associated with us big lads, but if we dare to ask for a shirt that fits, we instead get told to go to a gym and stop whining... just lol ...

Interesting.  Would you be happy with a cost model where they link the size to the shirt cost?  So Small is £38, Medium £40, Large £42 etc etc.?
As someone who is a "Medium" at best, I don''t see why my shirt should cost the same as someone who needs an XXXL and therefore needs more fabric.

How about an yellow shirt in xxxxl with "put the fork down, fatty" written on it

I need a "Big Top" but it''s not my fault that these skinny newcomers wear tops made for the borrowers.

XXXX was an Aussie beer but it also precedes the L I need for my City Tent. If you begrudge fat people a top, eat more and join us. Wimps.

Errea did a 12XL shirt for this Burnley fan back in 2006

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/864213.clarets_biggest_fan_given_special_shirt/

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Interesting.  Would you be happy with a cost model where they link the size to the shirt cost?  So Small is £38, Medium £40, Large £42 etc etc.?
As someone who is a "Medium" at best, I don''t see why my shirt should cost the same as someone who needs an XXXL and therefore needs more fabric.[/quote]I think it''s quite a fair concept (if you are willing to ignore the MASSIVE percentages made on kits already), and I''d have no issue paying £5-10 more for a larger shirt that probably had to be made as part of a smaller run and with a new cutting programme made for it.What irks me however is that back in the FlyBe days I could order a 5XL shirt without a problem (and I''ve seen other clubs offering up to 8XL at times), but nowadays they apparently don''t want our money...go figure