Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Reaction on Saturday if Bassong is named in the XI

How do you think people will react as his name is announced if he''s picked?

Like we witnessed with Tevez when he came back from 6 months exile after going AWOL, if Bassong comes back and plays a blinder, all will be forgiven but would he get a warm reception right away?

If the Bassong who played in the 2012-13 season it will be a good pick but if he plays like last season we will let in a few

Lets see and give him a chance

I''d wait to see how he performed first. I''d welcome the 2012 Bassong back with open arms, but I don''t want to see the return of the dozy, unaccountable, blame shifting, complacent defender of last year.

If he can slot back quietly alongside Turner with no leadership responsibilities and just gets on with his job to get back to the PL he could be phenomenal, we won''t be able to afford a defender with more ability than Bassong this year, we''d even struggle to replace him in the PL if we go up, it''s his head that needs sorting, if Alex Neil can get him back onside I would see it as a masterstroke, but I don''t want to see the same Bassong of recent times just thrown back into the team though

It may be good man, fan and team management for his first appearance to be in an away fixture.

It will mean that the manager considers that he has trained well enough, and has the right attitude to command a starting place.

So no issues from me.

There''s no issue with this at all, AN will make his own mind up as that after all is what he''s here to do.

Potentially a really valuable addition to the squad which, hand on heart, has looked decidely short of decent Centre Half''s.

[quote user="Bury Green"]There''s no issue with this at all, AN will make his own mind up as that after all is what he''s here to do.

Potentially a really valuable addition to the squad which, hand on heart, has looked decidely short of decent Centre Half''s.[/quote]

Agree with this entirely. Let''s hope both parties can conspire to get a fully fit, fully motivated Bassong back in the side.

Anyone on the pitch wearing green and yellow will get my support and I imagine most people''s support, Alex is in the best place to assess the situation and he''ll make the right decision for the team I''m sure

He''ll get a cheer from me...

...in a months time at the next away game that I can get to (Blackburn) or perhaps at half term if I get to Norwich for the 14th Feb game.

I''d hope my dad and uncle who share their season tickets with me will cheer him. We need to give him the time of day. If he starts playing bad, I can imagine the fans won''t have much patience though.

The reason I named Tevez is because that was as similar case in that he ''betrayed'' the club for 6 months and then coincidentally made his prodigal son return against us where he tore us a new one. If he''d played rubbish that day, the fans would have gone mad against him I reckon. Wasn''t in any way comparing ability of the two as players!

Personally I think he his performances are pretty ok for us; if he has impressed the manager that is good too.

More important than what I think is what the players view is. if the manager picks him then i am sure that its a good thing. Although some assessment of how the players feel would be good, but I am sure ray will sure their, and esp the captains, views in due course..

Bigger players than Seb have been brought in from the cold and gone on to have exceptional club careers. I agree that the club is the big issue here and if he helps get us promoted he will and should get all the support he needs from fans

Zipper,

I can only imagine that if they respect the manager they would accept his decision being the best one for the club.

I have been in many teams throughout my life (as I suspect most posters have), some lead by others some lead by myself, and unless given good cause otherwise, I have been professional enough to respect my fellow team members for what they bring to the team. That''s not to say I''ve been best mates with them all and in some cases wouldn''t want to be.

I see no reason why our players (including Seb) wouldn''t feel the same.

[quote user="morty"]

It will mean that the manager considers that he has trained well enough, and has the right attitude to command a starting place.

So no issues from me.

[/quote]

Agree completely with Morty, I firmly believe Alex Neil will want convincing he is both physically and mentally fit before picking him, so if his name is on the team sheet either as a starter or as a sub, he wont get any abuse from me.....

if he''s on the pitch in a City shirt he gets my full supportif he''s not up to itor has been ''naughty'' off the field I trust the manager and club to know if he is fit, both physically amd morally to be playing for usso no ''hishoooooooooooooooooooooooooos'' from me(or in English)no problems

Desperately need him back in my opinion. Martin looked excellent back in his RB slot last weekend, and the other CBs (Hooiveld, Turner, Bennett and Cuellar - not sure about Miquel as not really seen him) are all chronically lacking in pace. I think Cuellar has been excellent since he came into the team, and I think Cuellar and Bassong could be an excellent partnership if they fit together. One left footed, one right footed, one quick, one strong in the air - they would complement each other really well. Turner is a bit younger and also a good option, but on current form I couldn''t drop CC.

Personally after how he acted towards the end of last season and during preseason I want him nowhere near the squad let alone the team.

He has been a negative impact on the dressing room and does not want to be hear.

I was over the moon when he went out on loan and wish he had stayed away.

I will not boo but will not support him.

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 22/01/2015 5:37 PM:

morty wrote:

So no issues from me.

Agree completely with Morty, I firmly believe Alex Neil will want convincing he is both physically and mentally fit before picking him, so if his name is on the team sheet either as a starter or as a sub, he wont get any abuse from me.....

I''ll never boo one of our players, if he''s picked and wearing the shirt then he will get my support. Can''t even comprehend doing anything different.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Desperately need him back in my opinion. Martin looked excellent back in his RB slot last weekend, and the other CBs (Hooiveld, Turner, Bennett and Cuellar - not sure about Miquel as not really seen him) are all chronically lacking in pace. I think Cuellar has been excellent since he came into the team, and I think Cuellar and Bassong could be an excellent partnership if they fit together. One left footed, one right footed, one quick, one strong in the air - they would complement each other really well. Turner is a bit younger and also a good option, but on current form I couldn''t drop CC.
[/quote]

Well, if you looked at the most recent match you''d have to say that Turner was our best defender on the day.

I wouldn''t be against seeing Bassong/Cuellar but we''re yet to see anything better than Turner/Bassong.

[quote user="Barndoor"]Personally after how he acted towards the end of last season and during preseason I want him nowhere near the squad let alone the team.[/quote]I guess it depends how the rest of the squad feels about it. If they''re happy to welcome him back and Neil is happy to give him a clean slate. A lot of the stuff that was reported didn''t sound good, and painted a picture of a somewhat unsavoury character, but nobody on here actually knows him as a person. Neil is best placed to make that judgement, and if he feels the squad will be adversely affected by Seb''s presence I''m sure he''ll ship him out. He doesn''t seem the type to suffer fools gladly.

If he''s training well and clearly looking/behaving up for it then it would be daft not to pick him; the players must know that he is one of our better cb''s when fully fit, and I''m sure he''d get a decent reception from the supporters. I''m not sure, from what AN said last week, whether he''ll be ready for this weekend, though.

Just to add, I think he could have a big role to play in the remainder of our season, but only if his head is right - otherwise I half expect him to leave, probably abroad.

A lot is mentioned about his attitude and his poor performances in the relegation season, but not much about him the previous season when he was our best defender by a mile.

I hope he comes back with a point to prove and shows us again that he is the best defender at the club.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Desperately need him back in my opinion. Martin looked excellent back in his RB slot last weekend, and the other CBs (Hooiveld, Turner, Bennett and Cuellar - not sure about Miquel as not really seen him) are all chronically lacking in pace. I think Cuellar has been excellent since he came into the team, and I think Cuellar and Bassong could be an excellent partnership if they fit together. One left footed, one right footed, one quick, one strong in the air - they would complement each other really well. Turner is a bit younger and also a good option, but on current form I couldn''t drop CC.[/quote]

Well, if you looked at the most recent match you''d have to say that Turner was our best defender on the day.

I wouldn''t be against seeing Bassong/Cuellar but we''re yet to see anything better than Turner/Bassong.

[/quote]I actually thought Cuellar was marginally better against Cardiff, for what it''s worth – the penalty decision was a travesty and he didn''t let it affect him. Turner is the strongest CB we have aerially, but CC''s distribution is generally very good, and he also reads the game well to sweep up behind when required. Turner is excellent in the air and on the front foot, but on the back foot and in possession I prefer CC.

Russ M seems to back SB to return. If to make first team I would start him alongside Turner can sub him if attitude not right. Cuellar looked suspect in the Derby game and another penalty conceded against Cardiff therefore favour Turner.

Last season Bassong was a liability similar to Ollson this season. Do we want to risk both of these to start in what is a suspect defence.