Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Team Vs Brentford

Im working on the theory Bassong maybe back in the frame & Tettey & E.Bennett back. Dont think Tetteys injury was a long one and i know E.Bennett is back training.

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Turner Olsson

Tettey Johnson

Redmond Hooper Lafferty

Jerome

Rudd Whittaker Cuellar O''Neill E.Bennett Hoolahan Grabban

I cant see any starting change this week although its likely that the subs bench will look a bit different.

Tettey may force his way back in but I think it unlikely - bench for me. O''Neil seems to have become the voice of the players since Neil joined but whether this is indicative of starting places is not yet clear. Both he and BJ will need to be on top of their game to keep Tettey and Howson out longer term.

Bassong - Cuellars performances and results remain strong and I would pick him ahead of Turner at the mo, neither have pace and Cuellar is slight better positionally and, unusually right now, in the air. Turners confidence seems a little low - which I put down to the number of partners he has had. I cant see Seb coming straight back in and would stick with Turner and Cuellar, expecting to see them get tighter as they build an understanding with more pitch time together.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Cuellar Olsson

O''Neil Johnson

Redmond Hooper Lafferty

Jerome

Rudd Whittaker Bassong Tettey Murphy Hoolahan Grabban

I cant see Turner and Cuellar together again. When Cardiff bought that little pacey lad on he caused us huge problems. Brentford have Andre Gray up front whos the same, think having those two together who have no pace is asking for trouble.

If not Bassong then Martin will have to go back there andni dont raye him there and think hes a better right back. Just think two slow CBs in either Turner, Cuellar or Hooiveld is just inviting pressure. Our CBs did ok against Cardiffs long ball saturday but soon as a nippy pacey striker came on we were a shambles. In my eyes we need to get R.Bennett back fit, Bassong back in the first team plans.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]I cant see Turner and Cuellar together again. When Cardiff bought that little pacey lad on he caused us huge problems. Brentford have Andre Gray up front whos the same, think having those two together who have no pace is asking for trouble.[/quote]

Martin could return to centre back to deal with that threat.  There, I said it - tin hat on for all the responses...

Really unsure as to how AN will play this. Could be -                    Ruddy   Martin Bassong Turner Garrido                 Redmond   Tettey O''Neill    Lafferty             Jerome   Hooper

Given Hooiveld seems like he''s going to be released despite the injuries we have, I can actually see Bassong getting the nod for this one. As much as Turner and Cuellar can "do a job" I''m not sure we can risk them two together again and I''m not sure Whittaker is up to it atm. I''m probably too hopeful though so no doubt we''ll probably see Whits, Martin, Turner, Olsson

I can see the wisdom in letting Hoiveld go but if on season loan financially it makes no sense as City will pay for the season.

As for Saturday would like to see Olsson and Cuellar replaced suspect its too early for Bennet or Bassong therefore presume Cuellar to keep place. As for Olsson he hasn''t had his mind on the job all season as pining for the Premier. Can we bring in Garrido after all the time out, so Olsson to play.

Tettey hopefully fit but need to accomodate Johnson but how\ with also need a revitalised Lafferty.

CJRV,

My feeling is that you may have called this one correctly, RM at CB to counter their pace. Would be surpised to see SB back in this week, but may be in the near future with RM back at RB, which given his performance against Cardiff makes absolute sense if AN gives him the ''freedom'' to bomb on, which he blatantly wasn''t when Hoots was in charge and under NA played predominantly at CB.

Same as last time with Bennett (If fit) or Bassong alongside Turner. Expect to see O''Neil feature heavily for the rest of the season as well. Neil was in constant dialogue with him and I''d imagine that''s because he trusts him the most to perform the role he was playing at Hamilton. Tettey can be a good player at times, but I think he''s going to have to work very hard to get back into the team, same with Howson.

Only one change to the starting XI for me - Garrido in for Olsson who maybe has his mind elsewhere and if he plays anything like last week it would reduce his transfer fee.

If fit would like to see Tettey and Elliott Bennett on the bench along with Miquel, Wes, Grabbin & Whittackef

Tettey, E Bennett, Bechio, R Bennett are all injured and Howson is suspended so none of them will feature, wonder if Bassong will get on the bench?

I hope Bassong is in the team never mind the bench. The fact our Captain has said something positive about Seb seems to be paving the way for his return.

Is VOO fit? Would love to see him fit and available for the rest of the season

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]Same as last time with Bennett (If fit) or Bassong alongside Turner. Expect to see O''Neil feature heavily for the rest of the season as well. Neil was in constant dialogue with him and I''d imagine that''s because he trusts him the most to perform the role he was playing at Hamilton. Tettey can be a good player at times, but I think he''s going to have to work very hard to get back into the team, same with Howson.[/quote]

Tettey should always be selected if fit. Arguably our most important player.

Ironic that Johnson has played so well on the left I think we lost a bit in midfield with him being brought back to the centre. I''d be tempted to go 4-3-3 with Tettey, O''Neil and Johnson as the 3.

I''ve seen people saying that VOO is out again, but nothing in any of the articles on here (not that I recall, in any case)....what is it this time?! He is beginning to look like a real sick-note, each manager seems to have (at least) one under their belt!

I saw this Branston on the main site. Another tweak.
Squad update: Elliott Bennett has trained but

unlikely to play, Ryan Bennett is 1-2 weeks away, Vadis won''t be ready

for the weekend after a setback with his knee, Bassong has trained this

week.
by Ben Mouncer 2:11 PM

Ah, cheers Herman - you do have to wonder quite what the other players make of it when someone breaks down that often, but I suppose it can happen to any player.

i wouldn''t be surprised to see 2 changes in defence, if we are close to doing a deal for Olsson then he may not start, and whittaker has played on left for scotland, so,here is a different twist;

Ruddy

Martin, Bassong, Turner, Whittaker,

Redmond, Oneil, Johnstone, Lafferty,

Hooper, Jerome

E Bennett will be on bench at best, OTBC