Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Vadis

What now for him? The new manager has him to use and probably has no idea what he can do.

He was the big money buy in summer and our top target that we supposedly beat the likes of Everton to. Perhaps if Howsons card is upheld we''ll get a glimpse in the next 3 or 4 games. He''s supposedly due back this week isn''t he?

he will remain up there with the likes of Andrew Brownrigg and Troy Archibald-Henville in signing with a bit of furore but never actually being seen ever again...

Wouldn''t surprise me if VOO isn''t here come the end of january

Like all others Jimmy it''s down to him to impress the manager during training sessions, same goes for Bassong if he wants to of course!

VOO is going to feel like a new signing when he gets back to full fitness and showed glimpses of what he was about before getting injured.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]he will remain up there with the likes of Andrew Brownrigg and Troy Archibald-Henville in signing with a bit of furore but never actually being seen ever again...

Wouldn''t surprise me if VOO isn''t here come the end of january[/quote]

Jas, the difference is that them two you mentioned were never more than a couple of youth players. This guy is a full current Belgium international, regularly rubbing shoulders with people like Kevin De Bruyne, Steven Defour and co. If he steered clear of injury, he''d potentially be our best player. Do you think Johnny Howson or Bradley Johnson would have multiple caps for Belgium?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]he will remain up there with the likes of Andrew Brownrigg and Troy Archibald-Henville in signing with a bit of furore but never actually being seen ever again...

Wouldn''t surprise me if VOO isn''t here come the end of january[/quote]

Jas, the difference is that them two you mentioned were never more than a couple of youth players. This guy is a full current Belgium international, regularly rubbing shoulders with people like Kevin De Bruyne, Steven Defour and co. If he steered clear of injury, he''d potentially be our best player. Do you think Johnny Howson or Bradley Johnson would have multiple caps for Belgium?[/quote]

Ricky Van wolfswinkel "rubbed shoulders" with Robin Van Persie... what''s your point?

Well he should have been better and we all know that. He has been slightly better this season in a champions league standard performing St Ettiene so we know last season was a blip for whatever reason. Nobody conclusively knows.

We have yet to see how good and influential Vadis can be. I don''t think it''s unreasonable to say that if he gets back playing, he could be our best player.

Note the word "could" not saying "will" that''s potential for you. If it were Andy Brownrigg injured, we''d not be having this discussion as he doesn''t have the potential to fulfill this role like Vadis does.

Don''t forget he was signed literally the last day of August at short notice and only featured from mid September, his injury and first start was into October, so it''s only been 3 months he''s been injured. People are so quick to write the poor guy off.

Alex Neil may not know who he is, but he''ll see him in training like the rest of the players. If he contiunes to use the 4-1-4-1 he did at Hamilton there are 3 centre mid slots up for grabs. It will be a fight between Howson, Johnson, Tettey, Vadis and O''Neil for those slots  - I presume he''ll want to move Johnson off the wing as he has a greater preference for the more traditional type of winger, which could be good news for Murphy.

To early to call him a ''waste of money'', or right him off but I expect if he doesn''t start playing he won''t be here past the summer. Can''t see anyone coming in for him in the next few weeks.

I can''t see us offloading him, the poor sod has been injured, and has, fleetingly, shown some very positive moments.

We wouldn''t recoup anywhere near the money, so it would be a dumb deal to do.

He looks an intelligent player from what I''ve seen on youtube, granted they are all short snippets of games but his movements on and off the ball look very good, knows where the back of the net is. Let''s hope for everyone''s sake that he''s back match sharp again soon. Could be a great player for the last quarter of the season and could be the difference between championship or premier league next season.

Unexpectedly, Howsons card has been upheld. Looks like Vadis has his window to impress!

I''m hoping we go Johnno left, Tettey and Vadis in the middle, Redmond right. O''Neil as cover. Keep the front two as they are as they''re working well.

Can''t believe the negativity towards him considering he''s hardly kicked a ball for us. Been unlucky with injury and isn''t someone who''s had an injury hit career, he Could well be a waste of money but atleast let the lad get fit and have a run in the team before making a poor judgement on him.

Rumoured to be quality according to the the belgium league journo reckons he was the best player in that league and was surprised he turned down europa league to play chanpionship football.

Hoping howsons red card is a blessing in disguise and the lad gets a run out.

Surely you only judge a player by what they do "on" the pitch. Not by what they do off it whilst injured.Give the guy a chance. Potentially has the skill and power to really improve our midfield 2nd half of season, assuming he stays injury free (plus would act like a fresh addition to the squad!)

We have got nobody else like this guy, he looked like a really powerfull midfield player when he came on at Brentwood, I hope he will be playing soon and as Maccy said, he could be the difference between us and the other top teams at the end of the season.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]This thread reads like we are all a bit bored and need to entertain ourselves by critisizing a player that may or may not be good for us. I get it but it is pointless.[/quote]

It''s not really pointless though, is it?

The guy has just come back to training and will have done a full week by Saturday. Coincidentally, his rival for his position is now suspended for 3 games so there''s a very real possibility we''ll see Vadis at the weekend.

I''m looking forward to seeing more of him as there have been glimpses to suggest he''s got something.

But it will be a case of seeing what he does in a Norwich shirt. I won''t be getting too carried away on half a dozen caps for Belgium.

Agree GJP, time will tell when he gets in to the side.

In my humble stupid opinion I''m looking forward to seeing him get some games under his belt and hope he turns out to be like a new signing for us, ie gives us something fresh and new.

One thing is for certain, in the current world of football, getting caps for Belgium in their midfield has to suggest he has something to give us.

[quote user="lake district canary"]He''s been injured and when he is fit he will likely be a huge asset to the squad.   Anyone writing him off at this stage wants their heads examined.

[/quote]

Far too early to write him off.