Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Jos Hooiveld

Be good for all parties i would say, a strange signing at the time when we had so many other centre backs, maybe a new coming in or a certain someone is back in the first team frame.

Well at the time we had so many yes. Martin appears to be a right back again, Ryan Bennett is injured. Cuellar & Turner didnt exactly set the world alight. And you never know our NEW manager might

fancy signing his own players.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Well at the time we had so many yes. Martin appears to be a right back again, Ryan Bennett is injured. Cuellar & Turner didnt exactly set the world alight. And you never know our NEW manager might

fancy signing his own players.[/quote]It will be interesting to see where Bassong fits into all this. If he''s truly back in the fold it will give us Bassong, Turner, Cuellar, Bennett and Martin as back up meaning Hooiveld would be well down the pecking order.Going to be an interesting few days.....

So many center backs and its now its near end of  Jan and still no idea who is able to perform week in week out.

Clear half of them out

[quote user="DanTheMan"]JH doesn''t really bring anything that we didn''t have already. A fit Bennett or motivated Bassong makes him surplus[/quote]

If Bennett stays fit and if Bassong is motivated, I think that''s our best CB pairing. Those are two big ''ifs'' though...

and seb is back in then. Good to be certain & time move on; from what I have seen he was v similar to Turner (matched him most of the time, one game significantly better for each) but Cuellar has impressed me more at cb so its good decision.

no refund on the loan fee I assume - good spending.

Leaves with an unbeaten record W3D3 12 points from 18.

I think this an indication of how AN will go about things, no ''will he, won''t he'' just make an appraisal and inform the player that he''s free to go. job done thanks and bye.

Jeez, i hope we get Seb Bassong the pretty decent CB not his identical twin that has sleep apnea .

Bassong for Hooiveld is a hell of a trade up! :P Even in second gear Bassong is streets ahead of Hooiveld who for me is a poor man''s Cuellar...who in turn is a poor man''s Turner

The first of Adams terrible transfer dealings to be moved on - wonder what the loss is ?

Anyone know ?

Doubt if we will get any of the fee back we paid Southampton & may even be subsidising his wages to get him off the books for the next 5 months

[quote user="Canary Island"]It''s great to hear that Neil is listening to my every word. He is onto a winner[/quote]

Just wait and see.....just don''t think so

[quote user="Newton"]The first of Adams terrible transfer dealings to be moved on - wonder what the loss is ?

Anyone know ?

Doubt if we will get any of the fee back we paid Southampton & may even be subsidising his wages to get him off the books for the next 5 months[/quote]

When i was Jos i would never leave any penny at the club, so i think it is going to cost city a small amount of money... Next time the club has to think before they act but i believe that''s not the attitude....

I didn''t think there was a great deal wrong with Jos - our form with him at the back was pretty good; clearly if SB is back in the fold he is surplus to requirements, though - and nothing really to do with being a ''failed transfer''.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Wow you were jos hooiveld. Who are you now ?[/quote]

Just like the person and player and think he did not do much wrong. As somebody wroet earlier on here: first 4 games he played on here there 13. Points and no loss. Losing started after he went out....would like to know what has happened...

[quote user="Sundowner"][quote user="CJRV 2014"]Wow you were jos hooiveld. Who are you now ?[/quote]

Just like the person and player and think he did not do much wrong. As somebody wroet earlier on here: first 4 games he played on here there 13. Points and no loss. Losing started after he went out....would like to know what has happened...[/quote]

13 points from 4 games, jeez he was good.

It also begs the question ; if AN is to make these decisions , seemingly with no messing around , ( short time for contemplation ) will he make some good , some bad judgements ?

On a more positive note ,, is he clearing squad numbers to get more attacking players i as opposed to a plethora of defenders midfielders that we have at the moment ?

Barclay agree with you - think AN has started to clear out the dead wood Adams assembled in the summer