Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

Chiles leaves ITV with immediate effect

So the clearout continues. Perhaps if they get shot of their footy editors as well they might eventually produce a decent product.

Farewell then, Adrian Chiles
With your voice like a Homebase assistant from Stourbridge
And your face like a badly baked potato
"I''m just wondering Clive, could he have left a bit earlier?"

Bor Bor

Like the potato comment

Baked potato''s off the menu

Next Andy Townsend

then that BBC Dwarf with or without the tach

nah, he''s not controversial enough. They like people like stan collymore who''s a wife beater and and gray who''s a sexist. Charles is just just a boring cushion faced sod.....but £4.5m a year, he''s no mug.

Heard him on 5live the other day, think thats his day job now.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Can''t believe they were paying that idiot £4.5m a year. For what?[/quote]As I read it ITV were paying him £500,000 a year for that job.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Making Plans"]Can''t believe they were paying that idiot £4.5m a year. For what?[/quote]As I read it ITV were paying him £500,000 a year for that job.[/quote]

Even that was too much

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Heard him on 5live the other day, think thats his day job now.[/quote]Yes, he took over the midday slot. And that is why I don''t tend to listen anymore.

His only attribute all along has been his slightly quirky character.  Everything after the "Working Lunch" TV programme was based around that character and he just doesn''t have much substance behind it to back him up.    Likeable and a little abrasive he was good - but once that abrasiveness got smoothed out, there was nothing left but an irritating voice and slightly desperate manner. 

He does the 10 till 1 slot on Mondays and Tuesdays. I''m actually with the sole poster who defended him about him . Liked him on MOTD2 and the format worked with him presenting, and he is a decent presenter on radio who doesn''t shirk away from difficult and important questions.

Yes I hated ITV sport but that was about and is about the way they broadcast football, not Chiles presenting skills.

He''s an easy target when actually there''s a lot worse out there. Richard keys (thank god he''s only on talkshite now), Matt smith, David Jones, ed chamberlain....(even Simon Thomas)....

Maybe the radio is the medium that most suits him then.

I remember watching the England friendly last year that was interrupted by a storm, Chiles and the analysts-Wrigthy, Hoddle and Dixon-had to leave the studio and were broadcasting from a tunnel somewhere. Without an autocue he was hopeless, so hesitant, repetitive, had no idea what to say, it was just the most cringeworthy presenting I think I have ever seen.

Although to be fair I''m not sure whether any presenters would have been any better in the same position without an autocue.