Sign in to follow this  
ruthers1

One Swan does not make a Summer!

While it was a great result yesterday and a much needed boost for us all, Iet''s not get carried away here.

We must remember it was Neils first game as NCFC manager.

Most newly appointed managers win their first game in charge, If you don''t believe me have a look how Messrs Pardew and Pulis got on in their first games in charge of Palace and West Brom yesterday?

Then consult the record books to remind yourselves how one Peter Grant got on in his first game in charge of Norwich - an away win and clean sheet at Birmingham is how I remember it, followed by loads of guff on here about what an inspired appointment he was!

Deja Vu anyone?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I find that hard to swallow because its not true that most newly appointed managers win their first game in charge...[/quote]Three minutes, Nige.That was a very swift reply.

Oh well hes obviously going to turn out like Peter Grant with all that factual evidence you''ve just provided.

Fact is none of us know whats going to happen but lets face it, it wasnt a bad start. So lets just support him and see where it takes us.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]"One swallow doesn''t make a summer".[/quote]The OP''s a tit.....[/quote]Perhaps the stork dropped him.

Swan, swallow or swift, don''t duck the issue:

Most newly appointed managers DO win their first games in charge.

Even Hughton''s managing it at Brighton FFS

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I find that hard to swallow because its not true that most newly appointed managers win their first game in charge...[/quote]Three minutes, Nige.That was a very swift reply.[/quote]Though beaten by the two minutes it took you to reply to the Nutster.Luckily for you, this fits my minimum acceptable criteria.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Swan, swallow or swift, don''t duck the issue: [/quote]With respect I think you''re wasting your time hawking this thead around, Ruthers. It''s in danger of becoming a wild goose chase.

You don''t exactly have to look far for evidence to the contrary- our last two manager didn''t win their first games in charge. So without dodging your (ridiculous) point your claim has no basis in fact.

[quote user="ruthers1"]While it was a great result yesterday and a much needed boost for us all, Let''s not get carried away here. [/quote]Don''t think anyone is getting carried away, just happy with a very important result that has got us well back on track and keeps us in touch with the automatic promotion places.We''ve had too many ups & downs this season to be confident that next''s weeks performance & result won''t be the same as this weeks so I don''t think anybody is getting ahead of themselves.But that''s how most football fans are, optimistic with one good result & pessimistic with one bad one.

ruthers1 wrote the following post at 11/01/2015 4:06 PM:

I didn''t say "all" managers I said "most".

I did however say "managers" so we can''t count NA anyway.

🐓

It''s quite right - he''s won one game, can''t draw any real conclusions from it, mustn''t get carried away.

Funny thing is though that if he happens to lose the next one it will be conclusive evidence for some that we''ve made a terrible mistake, he can''t cope with the big egos, players will never respect him, should have gone for a big name with years of experience, McNally hasn''t a clue, blah blah blah....

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]"One swallow doesn''t make a summer".[/quote]
The OP''s a tit.....
[/quote]

Oh! Then it must really be Jenny Wren.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]"One swallow doesn''t make a summer".[/quote]The OP''s a tit.....[/quote]Oh! Then it must really be Jenny Wren.[/quote]Now you''re larking about Yankee. [:D]

So to rather prove my point about most managers winning their first game in charge - 7 out of the last 10 City managers won their first games in charge, including Hamilton, Rioch and Worthington FFS!

With 3 of our next 4 games at home and the other away very winnable how many points out of a maximum of 12 will Alex Neil need to convince you he''s the real deal?

8 or more will convince me.

Cant even get the BS "I''m p1ssed off Norwich won" phrase right.

What a moron...