Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Norwich City vs Brentford match thread

FFS, I''m more difficult to tackle than any of our players. Another fu(king penalty...great. SIGN SOME PLAYERS FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have the technical and passing ability of a League 2 side

Taking this game as an isolated case (i''m not saying anything about the previous 2 games) this has been a total mess tactically, strategically speaking.Playing the wrong personnel in the wrong positions from the off, and the failure to amend any of those mistakes throughout the course of this game. Hughton could seem unnecessarily stubborn with some god awful tactics throughout his tenure, Adams'' failure to successfully execute a 4-5-1/4-3-3 and exhibit any sort of potency in the final third, Lambert wasn''t perfect either especially towards the final weeks of his last season here, but overall i haven''t seen any single game''s performance as amateur as today for a long time.Absolutely no redeeming qualities to Neil''s performance here, praises can only be reserved for the likes of Redmond and Ruddy in a game where we could have conceded 4 or 5 without as much as one in reply and we would have had no right to complain.

Brentford are a very technically gifted  side. I''m not surprised they look so good on the ball. I''m more concerned by our complete lack of defensive shape and our inability to counter-attack effectively.

[quote user="Poceni Kanarski"]The people running Norwich City should hang their heads in disgrace. We''ve been terrible.[/quote]Have Delia and David come on as subs?

We are a pathetic joke, picked all the defenders that have been a shambles all season!Well done board, yet again you have failed the fans. Lets just hope you get what you deserve a mutiny on season tickets.

[quote user="The recurring 5 year plan"]We are a pathetic joke, picked all the defenders that have been a shambles all season!Well done board, yet again you have failed the fans. Lets just hope you get what you deserve a mutiny on season tickets. [/quote]
Norwich have 10 registered defenders. 2 right-backs, 2 left-backs, 6 central defenders. Of those 10, one is injured (R.Bennett) one is clearly a developmental player (Miquel) and one looks set to depart (Hoiveld). It is practically impossible for Norwich not to pick at least one of the defenders who has ''been a shambles''.
There is more than enough that has gone wrong enough today without making utterly ridiculous assertions.

Cuellar ho many penalty''s need to make this season?

We badly missed Tettey and Howson today but at all very joke selection by oue blessed manager lol.

Not give job to MP biggest mistake ffrom board ...

now will come panic buy on overrated players...

This ref is an absolute disgrace, if we''d have played better he''d be getting lynched on here, looks and officiates like Homer Simpson, idiotic and intentionally bias.

This is nothing to do with our manager, he''s been here 2 minutes and our midfield -Redmond is League 1 quality in terms of passing, dribbling, link up play and they''re nothing special defensibly either, we need new players in this part of the pitch desperately, it''s been extremely poor all season, injuries haven''t helped but our quality strikers and formally established PL centre backs are just getting nothing from the midfield

Brentford were the better team throughout and deserved to win, with a curious mixture of barcelona-esque one-touch passing and 1980''s wimbledon-esque tackling.Thought the referee was a bit out of  his depth too.We badly missed Howson or O''Neil.  There was so much space behind their high line in the first half, anyone with pace could have had a field day if the pass was right - which it never was today.

Well that was awful.

Can''t have any complaints, Brentford were by far the better side and deserved all three points.

I think I just witnessed the "Norwich way", at least how it keeps being described, unfortunately Norwich weren''t the ones playing it.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]This ref is an absolute disgrace, if we''d have played better he''d be getting lynched on here, looks and officiates like Homer Simpson, idiotic and intentionally bias.

This is nothing to do with our manager, he''s been here 2 minutes and our midfield -Redmond is League 1 quality in terms of passing, dribbling, link up play and they''re nothing special defensibly either, we need new players in this part of the pitch desperately, it''s been extremely poor all season, injuries haven''t helped but our quality strikers and formally established PL centre backs are just getting nothing from the midfield[/quote]
The biggest problem with the midfield is that all of the good players are either injured or banned. Of all the central-midfielders to have available the last one I want is Bradley Johnson. Howson and Tettey are premier league quality, Vadis might just be and O'' Neil is more than good enough to compete in the championship. Johnson has some qualities that are Premier League standard, but also has alot that are just not. When asked to play as the ''main'' central midfielder, every single weakness he has is exposed and the team suffers for it.

Got to say, Whittaker and Johnson were very poor today.  Going forward and giving the ball away with nothing behind them is criminal and they both were guilty of that on more than one occasion.  Ollson was calling out for support from a midfielder while trying to deal with two attackers while the rest stood around watching. Wes needed too many touches to deliver when early crosses were needed.   Too poor overall against a good side.

Can we win the other home games against Middlesbrough, Scum, Derby and Wolves? We need to if we are to make the play offs but are we good enough? The remainder of the transfer window has now assumed much greater importance.

Birmingham away next Saturday is one of our bogey grounds so will be a good test of our bouncebackability.

Bit harsh on Johnson Phil, I agree with your earlier post, for most of the game he was trying to do two players jobs.

Personally I think Johnson is underrated but he needs a decent partner, he''s a battler with the occasional act of brilliance, not the guy you want dictating the tempo in there, but then neither''s Tettey. Howson and O''neill are going to be sorely missed if the latter still isn''t available next up.