Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

Anyone going to give credit to Brentford?

thought they were the best team I''ve seen at carrow road this season.

For a team that lacked height with no threat from set pieces or crosses they played direct, quick football and were always first to the ball.

Brentfords manager warburton is a great manager playing a team to its strengths.

Maybe we should have poached him as our manager

They played very well and took full advantage of a huge hole where our midfield should have been.

But we we defended too deep with Johnson & Whitts just a yard infront of Cueller & Turner!

Lowestoft town could have looked like Real Madrid today.

Credit to Brentford definately deserved the win.

They''re a very decent side (and I''d like to have seen us go for Warburton) but we gave them plenty of help.

Would have been a different game if we''d have been able to call upon Tettey and Howson.

They were decent but I think they were aided by our utterly abysmal showing. Anyone doing any research into brentford would know how they play. Good in midfield, pass and move, good pace up front and not going to give you too much trouble in the air. Makes the selection today even more baffling and inexcusable. If you have an injury crisis in central midfield surely you play Bennett and Wes and try and look after the ball. You also do not play two slow, lumbering centre backs who struggle against pace and movement.

Massively despondent tonight. Not just because of the result but because that display of horrific hoofball and our managers performance today have really opened up a few doubts in my mind.

I''d give them a lot more credit than that Indy, they are not where they are in the league by chance, they are a really well drilled team, they all know their roles and looked very comfortable. on the ball today.

Most of all they had the spirit that comes from a team moving up together and playing for each other. They are on a great journey and all seem to give 100%, that''s worth so much more than what a player appears to be worth on paper.

But they have not beaten any other top half side away from home this season and have lost to any of our top 6 rivals they have played.

They are decent but we made it easy for them.

I wouldnt go too overboard on them.

we knew that they were a decent side from the away game this season and it needed Tettey and Johnson to wrestle the midfield from them that night for us to win.

Without that midfield....or anyone close to resembling Tettey today they caught us on an exceptionally good day to play us with 4 senior central midfielders out.

at this level of the game, most opposition in this league would have sniffed out the weakness in midfield that was Whittaker and exposed it ,not just Brentford. You simply cannot carry someone like that in such a crucial position as central mid in a standard such as the Championship.

Mr Jenkins I agree, Bremtfort did play well.....very well but as said we didn''t even try to compete today....it was soooo easy for them.

The first 10 minutes we coukd have been 3-1 down, they tore through our midfield and run padt our back 4 like they were statues.

To be fair the best team won today and good luck to them. They are up for it and give it 100% unlike our over paid overrated useless lot. But can a 33 year old nobody with 18 months experience really change things for the better? Maybe this wad one of the most stupid appointments ever made! Phelan had years of winning premierships and being around big egos.....now we have novices to change things.

Jury is out on Neil....the next 4 games will be hard work!

This is turning into open season on Whitts, which I can fully understand, but all I would say is he was playing a role which I believe he was slotted into late on and in a position he hasn''t played for years. That is some mitigation and this fiocus on him misses so much else.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]This is turning into open season on Whitts, which I can fully understand, but all I would say is he was playing a role which I believe he was slotted into late on and in a position he hasn''t played for years. That is some mitigation and this fiocus on him misses so much else.[/quote]

Exactly.

Whittaker was playing out of position. What are the excuses for all those that weren''t?

Nobody''s blaming Whittaker .....but....the role of central midfielder is so pivotal to the team it literally,by definition affects every aspect of the team around him.

The fact that we had a midfielder today who couldnt tackle, offers little protection to the defense....and who cannot pass , then hampers wingers and strikers......and thats before you mention that his error through being uncomfortable in receiving and controlling the ball lead to their first goal.

.....I maintain that had any one of Tettey ,Howson or O''Neil has been available today, we wouldnt lose that game.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]This is turning into open season on Whitts, which I can fully understand, but all I would say is he was playing a role which I believe he was slotted into late on and in a position he hasn''t played for years. That is some mitigation and this fiocus on him misses so much else.[/quote]

Exactly.

Whittaker was playing out of position. What are the excuses for all those that weren''t?

[/quote]

Whilst I would agree its unfair to single out Whitaker and he should not have been picked in that position so its not all his fault, he was truly appalling. Also, the fact you are playing out of position does not excuse giving the ball away and then just giving up and not tackling back as he did for their first or the complre failure to to do the basics throughout the match.

They are the best team I''ve seen at Carrow Road this season and their number 1 pulled off two top drawer saves.

Today was nothing short of abysmal.

Jeering Whittaker off the pitch was pathetic from some of our fans, too. Bet his confidence is ripped to shreds.

I agree. But he wasn''t the only player to give the ball away and then not chase it back.

I personally would never boo anyone or jeer them whilst playing. But Darren Eadie said on canary call and i agree it was like jeering the situation of playing him in that position and the fact it took til the 78th to bring him off. Nothing personal. Maybe more 25% jeering because he was crap and 75% jeering bad tactics, starting lineup etc.

brentford were solid, played like a teamnorwich didnt, and its because alex neil decided to start a game with 5 defenders, one pretending to be a midfielder (whos actually not that good in his natural position anyway), and two players who every other manager has played as strikers actually as a number 10 and a left winger

guy must be a geniuswe looked ok occasionally/rarely when we attacked, but most of the time we let the opposition run straight through us down the middle, its one thing when its bale or sterling but this is brentford

ive seen more tactical awareness from a blind u12s team

Rare opportunity to watch match live on TV 2 a.m. Eastern Australian time. As a long time 70 yrs follower of Norwich City I ought to be insulated against the way they lift one up with great expectations and then dashes one''s hopes. All credit to Brentford the best team, intent on playing as a team and passing their way forward finding constant gaps through the Norwich defence. As against the Norwich hoof balls going to the opposition. If this was by the coaches instructions heaven help us. What is the betting a win in the next game?.

I would say that Brentford deserved to win at Carrow Road more than any other side this season, but Darren Eadie got it spot on. I wouldn''t have swapped any of their players, for any of ours, except one (Pritchard)

They were well organised, but lots of our players had very poor games. Easily the worst we have played for a long long time

The frustrating thing is that if Brentford are (quite rightly on merit) in the top 6 of this League, then it isn''t the strongest to achieve promotion, and we SHOULD (with squad etc) be right up there, but we are not