Sign in to follow this  
I am Spacticus!

Is it time for a clear out?

Gutted about result....and here we are again dissecting the performance and tactics.

Is it now time to get rid of players, who it seems talk a great game, but fail on a match day?

Thoughts...who stays, who goes?

Thinking the same. Some severe consistency problems in our ranks. Whittaker can lead the queue though. I''m really pissed off we insist on playing him, clearly nowhere near good enough. Bassong surely back in next game as well. Cuellar is way too clumsy. Funny how everyone used to main at how clumsy bassong was, cuellar makes bassong look like Franco baresi in his prime!

Adams purchases, with the exception of Jerome, have been poor. Jury is still out on Grabban. Adams also put a lot of (too much?) faith in Wes to pull the strings and i suspect his best days are now gone.The squad is poorly balanced too though its difficult for any side to cope with 3 central midfielders out.Isn''t that 3 penalties Cuellar has now given away in a month?

There''s a few guys that I''d replace but it is harsh to go on about Adams signings being poor, several have done ok including Cuellar - who can''t really be blamed for two dubious eons being given against him, it is more that the reds are crap.

We were beaten today in midfield - absolutely Brentford''s strongest area - which is a part-throwback to the ropey red card for Howson, but with Tettey, VOO and O''Neil also out it was always going to be hard. It will be interesting to see whether we move for any new guys to fill the gap before next week

I don''t see it being harsh. With the exception of Jerome none of them have exactly shone and most are not even good enough to get on the bench it would seem.The big mistake was made when Adams was appointed in the first place when Lennon was the obvious choice.

[quote user="Puppet Out"]MartinCuellerWhittakerTurnerJohnsonHoolahanE.BennettGrabbanThat will do for starters .[/quote] Oh and somehow i forgot Mr Lafferty , probably the worst of them all .

Any major squad work will have to wait until the Summer. January is all about covering for injuries or bringing in players that can instantly make an impact on the match day squad.

Would it make much difference? We''ve spent £m''s on players already but just got them to try and outhoof the other teams in the division. The only clearout we need is at boardroom level, they''re the ones who have got us into this mess through their chronic mismanagement of the club.

We have good players but no leadership.

So the board, in their wisdom, tried to solve the problem of a rookie manager by appointing...another rookie manager! So we still lack authority and vision where it matters imho

A clear out is well overdue......unfortunately most of the players listed would draw little interest from any Championship, League 1 or League 2 manager with a glimmer of managerial nous, that were looking to build a side filled with skill, effort and consistency.

Perhaps some of them could do a reasonable job at Conference level where they might offer value on a massively reduced wage.

can''t blame adams or any other manager. According to a poster(city 1st) on here the scouts identify players the board buy them and the manager has no choice but to try and make the best of things with what he is given [:D]

I don''t know if we need a clear out but what has been the case for some time is that we need a shake up.

Too many people being kept happy and not enough being kept hungry.

Starting with Delia & Co.

No plans,just keep us out of dept even if it pisses off fans.

Everyone is critical of Miquel but non have seen him play regular football.

Can I remind people of a certain Ayla now at Boro and played 12 times scoring 2......hmmm now where are boro?

Maybe Turner should be dropped and Miquel given more than a few minutes.

I don''t think its a clear out but an experienced manager with a proven record who can demand respect rather than a newby trying to earn respect ?

the people that need to ''clear out'' are delia, michael, david and the rest of the boardtotally naive idiotic choices for season upon season, as many others have said, prudence with no real ambitionlining their pocketsutter shambles

No, this is an over reaction to a frustrating defeat at home. Virtually all our players would walk into any Championship match day squad.

We were out done by a club on the rise who have more of a spring in their step than a club straining to sparkle after relegation and 2 years of stale decline.

We used to be that club on the crest of a wave now we are struggling to refind that motivation and consistency.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]No, this is an over reaction to a frustrating defeat at home. Virtually all our players would walk into any Championship match day squad.

We were out done by a club on the rise who have more of a spring in their step than a club straining to sparkle after relegation and 2 years of stale decline.

We used to be that club on the crest of a wave now we are struggling to refind that motivation and consistency.[/quote]

Yes a lot of our players would get into rival teams by conversely, most championship centre backs, centre mids and left mids would walk into our line up.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]No, this is an over reaction to a frustrating defeat at home. Virtually all our players would walk into any Championship match day squad.

This is the problem. The perception this squad would walk into other squads. The majority of them would not. They are not as good as they think.

My fear is that our new inexperianced manager does not have the nous or financial support to do anything about it.

I think AN has been told this is a good squad and no money will be available because he doesnt need it as the players have been busy convincing the board and Mcnally especially that they are better than they are with all the soundbites they give the press

We used to be that club on the crest of a wave now we are struggling to refind that motivation and consistency.[/quote]

We haven''t played as well as Brentford played in terms of passing and moving since the mid 90s. Once they got going they ran rings round us. It''s not the players per se, it''s the way we play. This in turn goes back to how the footballing side of things is directed.Back in the day Colney was an almost autonomous institution run by football people with little interference from above. But now it''s infected by a corporate management culture, people with dubious job titles and a Chief Exec constantly on the phone to the manager.A sense of footballing direction has been replaced by corporate targets, meaningless management buzzwords and empty public relations statements.