Sign in to follow this  
he

Abysmal bad performance

This was really a bad performance. It is hurtening to see players sink so low. Can''t believe it! Players who before have played in the Premier League not performing in the Championship.

Not many players worth keeping it seems.

Where did the idea of playing Whittaker in central midfield come from? The central defence is screaming for Bassong. Not impressed by him either the last times he played for the team, but Cuellar and Turner is not working it proved today. This was as low as it gets. Looked like small pampered kids not bothering to give it a go.

I would imagine the idea of playing Whittaker in central midfield was our new ''messiahs'' decision -- and a fu*king stupid one at that.

Adams never made a such an awful decision as that.

So totally unwarranted considering our squad size, ffs.

Four words; Mcwally needs to go!

And 5 more; Gets a bonus for relegation!

Shocking naive tactics and selection, what is he thinking player a dodgey right back centre mid?

There''s no time to try new things out. Johnson back to his norm today too.

For me, today shows how far we are away from the playoffs. All 6 teams up there are very organised and have a good balance. I expect the gap from 6-7th to get wider soon.

Brentford are a cracking footballing side. Why do we never find players such as Jottta?

[quote user="Canary Island"]Can''t blame the players for this one. Tactically inept[/quote]

You are joking right that hat to have been the most pathetic display from our players I have seen absolutely no commitment at all

In terms of tactics, lineup and overall formation - never mind execution - that was easily as bad as anything under Houghton, and certainly comparable with the worst matches under Adams.
I''m going to be charitable and put it down to insufficient time with the squad, injuries depriving him of key players and his preferred coach not yet being at the club.
But Whittaker as a DM, seriously now? What next, Gary Hooper at right back?

If he had played McGrandles and still lost, Bor, then he would at least have made a bold step by playing a square peg in a square hole.

But Whittaker? I was a lack of conviction and courage by the manager.

McGrandles like McGeehan last night may well have grabbed his chance.

Or maybe it''s down to the fact all our recognized central midfielders were injured or suspended? That forced Neil into a decision, to play either play a player with around ten minutes championship experience, or a player with experience in the wrong position.

[quote user="billy blue light"]Or maybe it''s down to the fact all our recognized central midfielders were injured or suspended? That forced Neil into a decision, to play either play a player with around ten minutes championship experience, or a player with experience in the wrong position.[/quote]Our footballing executive board allowed Adams to go into the season without enough cover in central midfield and no left midfielders. However, we''ve got more central defenders than we know what to do with and plenty of players that could cover that position in an emergency.

[quote user="Poceni Kanarski"][quote user="billy blue light"]Or maybe it''s down to the fact all our recognized central midfielders were injured or suspended? That forced Neil into a decision, to play either play a player with around ten minutes championship experience, or a player with experience in the wrong position.[/quote]Our footballing executive board allowed Adams to go into the season without enough cover in central midfield and no left midfielders. However, we''ve got more central defenders than we know what to do with and plenty of players that could cover that position in an emergency.[/quote]

Can the board tell the manager we need a left midfielder and will the manager listen?

I hope this quote works! (if not can someone say what needs to be edited?)

Words fail me..........sorry but maybe Hamilton have been found out just after Neil jumps ship.

Well if Phelan was the lynchpin for the turnaround in form as the man who warrented the players respect then a 33 year old with 18 months experience who thinks it a good idea to play a questionable right back in centre midfield and take off a centre forward to go with one striker might just be out of his league at this club!

Wow deflated tonight.....utter rubbish, no passion and bugger all respect shown to fans by players of manager at the end!

Alex Neil & Gary Holt opted for fellow Scot Whittaker. McGrandles would at least have been familiar in that position...and had he slipped up we could still blame the dubious Scottish connection.

Today we saw a side with totally insufficient conviction and way too little desire to become a top 6 club. We got what deserved today. Nothing.

[quote user="KoromaCrab"][quote user="Poceni Kanarski"][quote user="billy blue light"]Or maybe it''s down to the fact all our recognized central midfielders were injured or suspended? That forced Neil into a decision, to play either play a player with around ten minutes championship experience, or a player with experience in the wrong position.[/quote]Our footballing executive board allowed Adams to go into the season without enough cover in central midfield and no left midfielders. However, we''ve got more central defenders than we know what to do with and plenty of players that could cover that position in an emergency.[/quote]

Can the board tell the manager we need a left midfielder and will the manager listen?[/quote]The board could have ensured that Surman stayed until we got a replacement. They could have vetoed someone like Hooiveld coming in and told Adams that we had enough cover in that position. It''s a delicate balance but we were left open to coming up short in midfield due to injuries and suspensions, and one more midfielder in place of say Hooiveld could have made a big difference today.The board have the power to prevent unwise transfer decisions, but they''re not there to dictate the manager''s every move.

[quote user="Poceni Kanarski"][quote user="KoromaCrab"][quote user="Poceni Kanarski"][quote user="billy blue light"]Or maybe it''s down to the fact all our recognized central midfielders were injured or suspended? That forced Neil into a decision, to play either play a player with around ten minutes championship experience, or a player with experience in the wrong position.[/quote]Our footballing executive board allowed Adams to go into the season without enough cover in central midfield and no left midfielders. However, we''ve got more central defenders than we know what to do with and plenty of players that could cover that position in an emergency.[/quote]

Can the board tell the manager we need a left midfielder and will the manager listen?[/quote]The board could have ensured that Surman stayed until we got a replacement. They could have vetoed someone like Hooiveld coming in and told Adams that we had enough cover in that position. It''s a delicate balance but we were left open to coming up short in midfield due to injuries and suspensions, and one more midfielder in place of say Hooiveld could have made a big difference today.The board have the power to prevent unwise transfer decisions, but they''re not there to dictate the manager''s every move.[/quote]

I guess that is the line I was concerned about. The line between dictatorship and safe interfering. Is that the reason Paul Lambert left or was that just purely all Paul?

p.s. How are your quotes working? What is your secret?? :D

[quote user="KoromaCrab"][quote user="Poceni Kanarski"][quote user="KoromaCrab"][quote user="Poceni Kanarski"][quote user="billy blue light"]Or maybe it''s down to the fact all our recognized central midfielders were injured or suspended? That forced Neil into a decision, to play either play a player with around ten minutes championship experience, or a player with experience in the wrong position.[/quote]Our footballing executive board allowed Adams to go into the season without enough cover in central midfield and no left midfielders. However, we''ve got more central defenders than we know what to do with and plenty of players that could cover that position in an emergency.[/quote]

Can the board tell the manager we need a left midfielder and will the manager listen?[/quote]The board could have ensured that Surman stayed until we got a replacement. They could have vetoed someone like Hooiveld coming in and told Adams that we had enough cover in that position. It''s a delicate balance but we were left open to coming up short in midfield due to injuries and suspensions, and one more midfielder in place of say Hooiveld could have made a big difference today.The board have the power to prevent unwise transfer decisions, but they''re not there to dictate the manager''s every move.[/quote]

I guess that is the line I was concerned about. The line between dictatorship and safe interfering. Is that the reason Paul Lambert left or was that just purely all Paul?

p.s. How are your quotes working? What is your secret?? :D[/quote]The football board only came into existence when Adams became manager. Nobody knows exactly why Lambert left, but it was after a rumoured falling out with McNally and Bowkett.Try this thread for info about getting quotes to work [url=http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2741792/ShowPost.aspx]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2741792/ShowPost.aspx[/url].

Until a manager takes the bull by the horns and sorts this under performing squad out , what happened today will keep happening.

This squad did for CH and NA and will soon do for AN if he doesn''t act quickly.

He needs to shift a large portion of this squad out of the door.

Whittaker,Turner, Cuellar, Ollson (he wants out), Johnson as a start.

Others could so easily join them.

It is NOT enough to run about you need to add desire and quality that seems sadly lacking in many of our squad.

They seem only to play if and when they feel like it and that is not often enough.

Perhaps Neils assistant coming in MIGHT shake a few but I doubt it.

Frustrated and annoyed doesn''t cover my feelings at present

Agree with Butlers post apart from Johnson being shipped out.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]To be fair, we looked like we had enough cover in midfield but it is all injured or not up to it.[/quote]We were short earlier in the season too when Vadis and Hoolahan were out (early Nov iirc). There might have been one or two others also missing at that time, but we still lack options if midfield is a couple of players light.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Did you really mean to say he needs to shift Jonno out Butler, I must have misread that.[/quote]

I just think he is part of the problem.

Epitomises what is wrong, can go from excellent to rubbish all within the space of 5 mins.

Maybe a bit harsh but I am not sure we know and he knows what is his best position.

Not holding, not consistent as an attacking midfield, surprisingly his best has been while playing left midfield but would he be better than a true "left winger"

I would pick Tetty and Howson before him any time, but that''s my opinion and if I was that good I might own racehorses like Sir Alex.[:D]