Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Murphy

Before Saturday I felt Josh was best used as an impact sub, which sadly didn''t quite work. He has got undoubted talent, and I am inclined towards the spell out on loan to grow his talent. Also we keep talking about him being a young player, but at 20 next month I think that argument is no longer appropriate.

Unfortunately Josh reminds me of a certain young Ryan Jarvis at that age, showed so much promise but never seemed to quite get to the next level, and the clock is ticking as Jack Flash said, 20 next month, no longer considered a fledgling.

So much want to see these young home grown players come through and establish themselves, a loan spell now would only benefit him IMO.

Rumours of Demarai Gray to Bournemouth for £3m plus add ons.

Why don''t we send Josh to Brum on loan and give them the money for Gray. Win win as Josh will get games against our rivals and come back an improved player. Gray will give us the left sided player we need and if Redmond ever moves in the future we have ready made replacements. Just a thought.

Murphy is a talented young player...

He is inexperienced, raw and immature...

He needs time, both on the pitch and in life to grow up before he is judged as a ''footballer''.

He''s barely had a handful of minutes and already been written off by some of the NCFC fans...

He is talented but simply needs more pitch time to remove some of the naivety in his play.

Giving him pitch time while we pursue promotion is not going to be easy.

A loan would be beneficial for all - a lower champs team would be ideal.

He needs more playing time. All of the raw attributes are there, he just needs to work on his decision making. I think we can put Saturday down to stage fright in front of the new manager. If only we had some more wingers so we could loan him out...

Was wrong player to bring on at the wrong time against Cardiff but we didn''t have many midfield options on the bench.

A month or two away would do him the world of good.

It''s tough, because every game at the moment is so "must win" we constantly mess up in the cup competitions which would have otherwise provided him some time to play. Now we will have to wait until we are either desperate with injuries or have not much to play for before we can give him a sustained run out.

It''s kind of catch 22, we need him as an option off the bench but he desperately needs some first team football. Perhaps we should sign someone on loan that we can rely on down the left and we can loan him out to get some much needed mens football exposure.

I think this is the best bet. I''ve seen Josh play some development games as those art doing him any good and not helping him develop . To be fair he just really rusty - he needs to go out on loan and play football week in week out. Then we can judge him.

I agree that he needs to go out on loan and get some playing time, he''s a talented lad that''s for sure just inexperienced at this level as we saw last week

Exactly City angel, a loan spell where he gets regular footy is what he needs, he has ability and class which will show through when he holds a regular place in a team.

Canary Island wrote the following post at 23/01/2015 5:05 PM:

"A big time charley with a modicum of talent play elliot bennett instead "

Really, a big time Charlie is it,now then what do you base that on?

[quote user="Canary Island"]A big time charley with a modicum of talent play elliot bennett instead[/quote]

That''s nonsense, he''s a great lad.

Having see him in a few U21 games this season, I get the impression Josh thinks he''s better than what he actually is!

Got long way to go yet, but all the hype doesn''t help and isn''t a guarantee he''ll make it EG, the Jarvis bros!

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Quite right Alex, just goes to show that Waveney knows feck all.[/quote]

I see Waveney''s failed to back up his claims on either thread, Mr Jenkins. My experience when I met Josh at Bournemouth was that he''s definitely got his feet on the ground and is a genuinely decent and friendly lad, and without a trace of ego. Big time Charlie''? Nothing could be further from the truth in my experience.

For all those posters who made the comment that Josh was poor against Cardiff, when he caused their defence problems by his direct running, even though his end product was missing on those occasions. Perhaps you can point out when Lafferty in the first half or Elliot Bennett in the second half caused Brentford any problems at all.

Six months ago the same posters, perhaps, were continually complaining about Nathan Redmond and advocating that he should be dropped.

Redmond is now easily our most valuable player and one of only a very few who can take any credit from yesterday''s match.

Perhaps if the management can now persevere with Murphy a similar result could occur as, if he is going to persist with two wide men, I can see little benefit in continuing with Lafferty or Bennett.