Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Murphy

Rapidly losing any confidence in him improving. Yes I know he''s still young but he has had enough chances now, every time he gets the ball he just goes straight for goal, no look up, no intention of passing, seems a one-trick pony which hardly ever works.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Rapidly losing any confidence in him improving. Yes I know he''s still young but he has had enough chances now, every time he gets the ball he just goes straight for goal, no look up, no intention of passing, seems a one-trick pony which hardly ever works.[/quote]Just a stage he is going through.  Needs time to learn. Sometimes you have to learn through your mistakes before you get better.

Not the sort of player to bring on when you''re in a scrap and hanging on. Hes too light weight and dosent have a clue about positional defending. What really annoyed me is when he lost it in their box and made no effort to recover. The pluses don''t out weigh the negatives at the moment

I don''t agree that he only looks for goal.....three times he got into the box and lost the ball while he was thinking....worst thing for a youngster, just trust yourself and either take a shot or put it across.

He needs to work with Hucks for the final ball.......he has bags of pace a ntural ability. Time will develop him.

Unfortunately he doesn''t have time though. The pressure on the players, the manager, the club to get to the Premiership is immense. His performance today at that level was unacceptable.

Lacks composure.Awareness and ball control non existant today

Looked like a boy in a mans game.

Anyone who cannot see the potential, the class, the ability and the future of this player at our club is very limited in footballing knowledge.

Remember this post and remember your thoughts and come back here in two years when he will be outstanding and see if you were right.

I will be happy to come back here in two years when I am confident my faith will be well rewarded.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Anyone who cannot see the potential, the class, the ability and the future of this player at our club is very limited in footballing knowledge.

Remember this post and remember your thoughts and come back here in two years when he will be outstanding and see if you were right.

I will be happy to come back here in two years when I am confident my faith will be well rewarded.[/quote]For Murphy''s sake I hope AN is as patient, or at least sees something in training day in and day out that we didn''t see today.

Murphy did what you expect from alot of younger players. He attacked his defender well but hesitated at the crucial moment allowing the defence to reestablish itself and take the threat out of the attack. Decision making tends to improve as players get more experienced.

Murphy had a shocker plus showed no appetite to chase back whenever he lost the ball, which was almost every time he had it

Lafferty blew up after 60 mins & stopped running

We need to send murphy on loan & get in competition for Lafferty on the left side of midfield

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Anyone who cannot see the potential, the class, the ability and the future of this player at our club is very limited in footballing knowledge.

I will be happy to come back here in two years when I am confident my faith will be well rewarded.[/quote]nice reasoned argument :)  - "if you dont agree with me then you must know nothing about football" - very powerful lol!!- he has done NOTHING to our advantage in virtually any gane has played - unless you call continually losing the ball and never tracking back ability and class.  When youre young the easiest thing in the world to have is potential - he needs to go out on loan and learn his trade and mature rather than believe all the hype because he''s a local youngster.  Reality check - if he wasnt a local youngster he would be booed off the park and quite rightly so.  I like Alex Neil and his straightforwardness - doubt we''ll see much of Murphy until he improves elsewhere

I wouldn''t be too harsh on Josh because he was trying to be positive when he got the ball and on another day a run might have come off - though of course there are times when you''ve got to be a bit smarter and keep hold of the ball. His mistakes are there for him to learn from.

Earlier in the season when there was the Redmond vs Josh debate going on I was of the opinion that Redmond was a fair bit ahead of Josh. Looking at the game today I think the gap has got wider.

In most of his appearances, Murphy has come on from the bench, usually quite late in the game and often when we are in some degree of trouble.

I think much of his trouble is caused by his desire to make an immediate impact before he has had a chance to acclimatise himself to the game. So he has the double problem of general inexperience coupled with needing to get himself into the game. Often he will only have ten or twelve minutes to do this.

So I tend to agree, much like our situation was too critical to allow Neil Adams time to learn his job, so it is for Murphy to gain the necessary league football experience. Those who suggest a loan period to a carefully selected club have got it right.

One thing that I did think was particularly disappointing was seeing O''Neil sprint past Josh around the 90th minute mark in an effort to support an attack, while Josh was barely jogging.

He wasbt great when he came on today but you defiantly can''t right him off on yesterday''s apperiance.

To be honest it looked as though he didn''t want to make a mistake and was trying to impress his new gaffer s bit to hard and led to him making mistakes.

I think with AN who trusts his youth players the likes of Murphy will improve no end, it''s not a race with player development.

I think a loan spell would help him get some game time and impress outside of the club.

Very over rated, by those who are wishing him to come good!

Was shocking Saturday, no composure, didn''t know what he was doing, no confidence and generally looked out of his depth.

Being a staunch NCFC fan I hope he improves otherwise he won''t make it in the top 4 Divisions!

Very over rated, by those who are wishing him to come good!

Was shocking Saturday, no composure, didn''t know what he was doing, no confidence and generally looked out of his depth.

Being a staunch NCFC fan I hope he improves otherwise he won''t make it in the top 4 Divisions!

I''m a big fan of the Murphy lads, and whereas I can understand some criticism, Josh is still a young lad who will have ups and downs. He undoubtably has a lot of talent and pace, and therefore has the right attributes to do well in the modern game, and I think on Saturday he was either super keen to impress our new manager, which can unfortunately be counter productive when you put too much pressure on yourself, or was instructed to be a little single minded, try and cause some havoc and show what he can do. As there''s a good chance Redmond will be off in this window, I''m sure he''s personally very keen to make that role his own, so perhaps that got the better of him. Composure will come with experience and when he gets a decent run in the side. He''s made of good stuff, is a really nice lad, and is one of us - I have no doubt he''ll make everyone proud as he develops as a professional footballer so good luck to him and also Jacob of course. Let''s not be too harsh on one of our youngsters just yet eh?

Oh good, we have a new scapegoat. Young one too, bet we can crush his confidence if we work really hard.

Seriously though? You''re surprised that a kid is a little raw? You all need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture rather than always needing instant gratification.

Think his performance backed up my claim he has a long way to go to reach anywhere near Redmonds level.
Thankfully, he has the potential and skill-set to do that. But he has to learn, quite quickly, if he wants to have a positive impact this season.