Sign in to follow this  
Tootingyellow

You can't polish a ****

It seems as though a significant number of posters believe that with the ''right'' manager we would be in the top two or three. I don''t believe any manager would have these players near the top - they''re simply not good enough. We''ve shipped goals for years now and are frankly lucky we haven''t conceded more. Our defending is riddled with mistakes week in week out - we are slow to spot and react to danger, we consistently exercise poor judgement, we constantly lose our shape and we are often out-battled. The basic passing ability across the side is wanting. Watch a good passing side like Swansea and it''s chalk and cheese. We are sloppy and inaccurate and often you can''t even hazard a guess who the pass was intended for. Simply put we do not do the basics well and if that were not problem enough we don''t look like we want it enough on a far too regular basis. Of course we need a good manager but the personnel have to have the quality and desire and I just don''t see it.

I take it that, as you have taken 17 months to put up your 2nd post, and it''s contents are referring to years of problems, that you have been in communication with Delia/McNally etc in between posts? 

This is just not true. Almost every other Championship team would take any one of our first choice players and put them straight in their team.

We have internationals throughout. These are not bad players; they haven''t suddenly forgotten how to pass a football.

Brentford do not have better players. How many of their team would play in ours?

It''s all about desire, tactics and work. It helps to have a decent pitch (and we don''t at the moment) but you have to have all three to be successful. Managers get that together, no one else does, but it does take some time to ship out the ones who aren''t doing it and bringing in the ones who will.

This season is a write off - the appointment of Neil Adams saw to that. We cannot reach auto and I don''t think we will even get into the top six. I fervently hope that this week will see some movement on players. We need to get rid of those who don''t want to be here - I suspect that includes Ruddy, Hooper, Eliot Bennett and Redmond as well as Olsson and Becchio - and those who aren''t working hard enough or who can''t do what the manager wants - that includes Cuellar, Turner, Whittaker.

Incidentally, yesterday there were two teams on the pitch. Yes, we were dire, but Brentford (as they were when we played them at their place) were superb. At no point did we match their work rate which meant we were struggling from the kick off. In the away game, we stepped up our pace in the second half but yesterday we just kept hoofing it up to an immobile Jerome, who looked lost with no clue as to what he should be doing.

Just imagine how good he would look in that Brentford team.