Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Left sided midfielder

We have struggled all season for a left sided midfielder since the club decided wrongly not to replace Pilkington. But I just cannot understand why we do not play Olsson there, (which is his prefered position by the way) with Garrido behind. To me that would be a very very strong combination in this division and allows Olsson to concentrate on what he is best at, bombing down the wing and getting balls into the box.

He also plays in that position for the Swedish national team and does an excellent job.

As for Garrido at left back, solid, reliable and never really let the team down when given the chance.

Bring Bassong back into the heart of defence left side next to Garrido with Turner the other CB and Martin right back then I am sure we will see a solid unit once again.

That would be my prefered back four with Olsson and Redmond bombing down the wings pinging balls into the box for Jerome and Hooper to feed off. Tettey alongside either Johnson or Vadis in the middle.

Go ask Neil Adams, everyone said it when we let Pilks go that we did actually need a left mid. Hopefully Alex Nei is a bit smarter, but we''ll see.

Interesting point. Didn''t consider Olsson on the left wing. Why do we play him LB then?

Also Swansea already have Neil Taylor at LB whom maybe admire including Iwan Roberts who said so here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30894381

So it is possible Swansea were considering playing Olsson on their left wing and not LB?

Its an option I am surprised hasnt been used, it seems relatively obvious. As for AN being smart......after yesterday''s decision making I think the Jury is out on that one.

Adams and the board have alot to answer for with our summer transfer policy. Ins and outs. Good money for Snoddy & Fer just wasted.

I don''t get the olsson attacking piece. Just two assists with us compared to 7 from the other flank in the same period. Would we want Whittaker right??

no we wouldn''t want Whittaker right mid, but Olsson used to play left mid so it would make sense to use him there more, as he''s also got a mean cross on him as well.

I am certain he would enjoy the more advanced role and that could be the catalyst for him to start enjoying his football and putting in much more improved performances.

I really don''t want to see Olsson leave us as no way have we seen the best of him yet and on his day HE IS A CLASS ACT whatever some of you may say.

This might just be what he needs to stay with the club.

We know he''s a good player because we saw it last season, what people are saying (and quite rightly so), like a lot of the players, but mostly him, he doesn''t look like he gives enough.

Laffs just wasn''t at the races yesterday, good decision by AN to get him off at half time. Some quite vigorous exchanges between him and Russ just in front of us. I genuinely don''t think Laffs knew what as expected of him, he looked lost.

I''m sorry but Lafferty is awful. Never a left sided player in a million years and cannot believe he gets in the team. That''s the problem I suppose, if he''s the best we have got then we have serious problems.

Lafferty is league one/lower champ standard at best. I would be looking to offload asap if I was AN. Truly awful signing.