Sign in to follow this  
pete

We are debt free

For now but what does that mean for the future are the Board by the philosophy that provided we remain debt free they will be satisfied.

This season we have £20m parachute payment which has seemingly been largely squandered.

Going forward we shall need to spend on new players to replace the shambles that turned oit in yellow yeaterday.

Having a squad in excess of 30 players on reduced wages could put us in breach of FFP not on QPR level but if we lose £8m. Perhaps not this season because of parachute but in the foreseeable future a distinct possibility.

Even if Board are determined to stay solvent there will come a time expenses will exceed income (gate receipts and commercial) the best way to have remained debt free was to stay in Premier League. But that horse has flown owing to poor management.

The purse strings are far too tight and are killing the club from growing with cheap options priority.

The board have lost the fans and there''s no fix in sight.

Total lack of ambition.

This is the core roit of the problem......the booing and the lack of togetherness......where are the board, why the appointment and why do the players not appear to care?

This club is so far appart at the mo even the fans are at each other and have been since Lambert walked and the players lost the fans. Christ even Wes tore into the club and fans when he didn''t get his move!

Something isn''t good at this club at the moment.

Totally agree,Most of the fans frustration is aimed at the board with only the happy clappers at the AGM giving them support, they need to wake up and wake up quick.It''s nice being debt free, but at what cost.

While we''re not splashing the cash, I don''t think the purse-strings are "too-tight". I think being sensible and making sure we don''t end up in a perilous administration situation is smart - and I believe we''ll be spending on what we need, not just for the sake of spending money!

With the last two manager appointments shows prudence and NO ambition in a quick return to the Prem.

the problem is the media, they give nobody any time, when United were struggling under Moyes it was all about going out and buying the best available. this gets into the Fans heads through listening to talksport and watching sky sports news who have to fill air time.

Can we not work on the basis that it takes time to build and if you have a blend of youth and experience then progress will be made. for a club our size the premiership is not the be all and end all.

We''ve been there reaped the rich rewards now we need to work to our budget in a progressive manner.

As with the players I like to see newbies get there chance to progress AN could be great or a disaster only time will tell, so let''s give him some. or do we want the journeyman managers as well as players who are just picking up a cheque.

[quote user="Dibs"]It''s nice being debt free, but at what cost.[/quote]Probably why there''s a lack of interest.......

I get your point Pete but can''t see how we have squandered any money, what has been spent will have been replaced with what we got in for the sale of Fer, Snoddy, etc etc.

Think to many on here subscribe to Newtons Theory of £17.1m wasted which continually comes across as money we no longer have, yes we spent it (well all except £3.5) but all the money we got in will have refilled the coffers and probably increased the coffers.

What I will accept is that the parachute payment does eventually run out and slowly we will eat in to the debt free situation.