Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

At last, a manager who we can respect and who can communicate well.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I still respect Neil Adams and he too could communicate well.Nothing to see here........[/quote]

Perhaps I put it badly - I respect Adams too - and yes he could talk well, but his interviews when talking about football lacked authority. This interview however is imo different class.

I respected Neil Adams.

I thought he was a good, clear and open communicator that came across well when speaking to the media.

The man is a Norwich City man; the constant digs at him are highly disrespectful.

Obviously just trolling and attention seeking from the OP.

[quote user="Suffolk Canary"]I respected Neil Adams.

I thought he was a good, clear and open communicator that came across well when speaking to the media.

The man is a Norwich City man; the constant digs at him are highly disrespectful.

Obviously just trolling and attention seeking from the OP.[/quote]I believe I just explained myself in my previous post.  

You could have just started a post complimenting Neil, instead you had to bring Adams into it to prove a point and get a dig in. Classless.

I''ve visited this site for a number of years without posting, however just had to register to challenge this silly post.

LDC -

Under Hughton, backed him all the way, even when the majority turned. Criticised others for creating a ''negative'' attitude. Still maintains confidence in him.

Under Adams, clear agenda. Didn''t give him a chance, revelled in failure. "I told you so".

Hypocrisy summed up with viewpoints on two managers, or maybe someone doesn''t like being proved wrong!

[quote user="Suffolk Canary"]You could have just started a post complimenting Neil, instead you had to bring Adams into it to prove a point and get a dig in. Classless.

I''ve visited this site for a number of years without posting, however just had to register to challenge this silly post.

LDC -

Under Hughton, backed him all the way, even when the majority turned. Criticised others for creating a ''negative'' attitude. Still maintains confidence in him.

Under Adams, clear agenda. Didn''t give him a chance, revelled in failure. "I told you so".

Hypocrisy summed up with viewpoints on two managers, or maybe someone doesn''t like being proved wrong![/quote]

Read it again. I never mentioned Adams in the op, only that I am pleased to have a manager who can commands respect and talks well and authoritively about football management.IMO -Lambert - respect, but spoke with barely intelligible one linersHughton - respect (from me at least) - but failed to inspire, even though he could talk well (hence my use of the word communicate in the op) Adams - respect, but failed to communicate his football methods well - imo.Alex Neil - commands respect and talks with authority - and communicates it well.PS - there is a difference imo in the words "talk well" and "communicate"

Canary - I always found the subtitles so helpful for his communications.

And are you prepared to share a picture of what I am sure must be a delightful shrine to archangel Lambert?

Just be a good lad and make sure you get those freshly used tissues out of frame before you take the pic.

And finally do they have good grief counselors south of the waveney? You certainly need some help in moving on...

I have a great deal of respect for our previous manager, who was also a good communicator.

As far as the new man is concerned, he may well earn our respect, bit early to be making the judgement before he has even been in control for one game!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Read it again.[/quote] "At last, a manager who we can respect and who can communicate well."I''ve read it again. By saying "at last" you are implying we haven''t had a manager we can respect for quite some time and by implication, this means Adams. You may have put it badly but it''s quite clear what you meant.

And finally do they have good grief counselors south of the waveney? You certainly need some help in moving on...

No need for grief counselling the second coming will happen one day

I see very little difference between what they both say and what they both tried to get across.I actually found Adams to be more authoritative and at times a little more considered - but you have to remember that we haven''t heard Alex speaking after a game which he has prepared for and overseen with the team.The interview we hear is very much a "start of your rein" interview. As you''d expect he''s upbeat and positive. Along with saying he needs more time to look at the squad. This is probably why he is also more jovial in some ways.The comparison right now is rather pathetic. Adams was nice and upbeat at the beginning of the season. Let Alex get some competitive action as manager before we really see if there is any meaningful comparison to make - which I very much doubt.

Respect and communication are all very well but he will be judged upon results.No different to any other manager.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Read it again.[/quote] "At last, a manager who we can respect and who can communicate well."I''ve read it again. By saying "at last" you are implying we haven''t had a manager we can respect for quite some time and by implication, this means Adams. You may have put it badly but it''s quite clear what you meant. [/quote]Yes, I admitted I put it badly.   As I said  I respect Adams, but don''t rate his ability to communicate football stuff authoritively as a manager.  It was about having a manager who is good in all area.

The point was - and if anyone has listened to the interview they might understand - we may have a manager who is the real deal here.

[quote user="Canary Island"]

No need for grief counselling the second coming will happen one day[/quote]

just the second?   thats why you need to remove the tissues...

Concrete proof of delusions too if you think lambert will be back here... 

[quote user="lake district canary"]The point was - and if anyone has listened to the interview they might understand - we may have a manager who is the real deal here. [/quote]Lol Lakey.....and I bet you believed Audley Harrison when he said he was going to be World Champion. [:D]

Looks like another bad day at the keyboard for you Lakey.

As the Animals used to sing '' Oh Lord please don''t let me be misunderstood'' [;)]

[quote user="lake district canary"]The point was - and if anyone has listened to the interview they might understand - we may have a manager who is the real deal here.[/quote]http://onefte.com/wp-content/uploads/2010-12-13-im-so-misunderstood.png[:D]

Hey Lakey you really have gone done it again. How dare you mention the name of Adams without confirming he''s ''Norwich through and through and Delia loves him''

You''ve already had Laps tell you where you''re going wrong, hang around for a bit and some others will be on here confirming that.

I know exactly what you mean and there others in the media who would agree with your observations.

Way to go

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Looks like another bad day at the keyboard for you Lakey.

As the Animals used to sing '' Oh Lord please don''t let me be misunderstood'' [;)]

[/quote]

Oh yeah, well....it happens.  People seemed to pick up that I must have been referring just to Adams, even though I purposely didn''t mention any names.  I was thinking right back to think of a manager who made such an immediate impact in the way AN has.  

He DOES speak well and with authority and plainly commands respect from everyone he meets. He didn''t hide last Saturday, he could have just stayed in the stands, but stood forward and basically took command - so he has already made quite an impact on the pitch too.I really liked the tone of the interview - he has a good way with people and that is rare in a manager.  Adams was good with people, but just didn''t appear to have natural authority as a manager.   Hughton was good with words but failed to inspire, Lambert was mono-syllabic compared to most managers, Worthy had a good front, but ultimately lacked direction.  

This fella seems to know what he wants, how he is going to get it - and he is likeable and communicates his passion and desire for football well.  Very few managers have that - M. O''Neill, maybe.  Norwich managers?  I would go back as far as Ron Saunders to find a manager who knew exactly what he was going to do and did it - except he wasn''t universally liked..........

AN hasn''t achieved anything yet, but in one week, he has filled this poster with  excitement with the possibility that we have a gem here. 

Lol, of course you meant Adams.

Jeez, just admit you were stupid instead of going round the houses to try and divert from it.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, of course you meant Adams.

Jeez, just admit you were stupid instead of going round the houses to try and divert from it.[/quote]Read the thread.  Try to understand.  Its not difficult.