Sign in to follow this  
Beesotted

Brentford fan here: Thoughts on Saturday - and Pre-Match Podcast

It''s irrelevant how old I am. Football is a competitive sport. That''s reflected amongst the fans. It''s what makes football enjoyable, beating other teams. I don''t like it when we lose and to see a Brentford fan coming on here and ripping the heart out of our club doesn''t sit right with me and I bet with plenty of others. Having beers with other fans is great but when they come back here to gloat, it''s just not on. Why are Brentford fans enjoying their purple patch on here? This is a Norwich City forum. We moan and celebrate about Norwich City on here. I find it galling that now the fans of other clubs are allowed to moan about Norwich City too.

To be fair to Beesotted, he was on here before the game. Also I do not believe that the fans need to be anymore competitive than having banter. I have grown up experiencing the 70''s and 80''s football culture, as well as being heavily involved with Rugby, with all it''s supporters values etc.

My issue with Beesotted was that he was trying to tell us where we are going wrong, through red and white tinted glasses, but with respect, hadn''t seen his Club experience the Prem League etc etc, so his view was slightly old school/romantic. I didn''t take it as patronising, but just not armed with all the information.

[quote user="Nicko"]It''s irrelevant how old I am. Football is a competitive sport. That''s reflected amongst the fans. It''s what makes football enjoyable, beating other teams. I don''t like it when we lose and to see a Brentford fan coming on here and ripping the heart out of our club doesn''t sit right with me and I bet with plenty of others. Having beers with other fans is great but when they come back here to gloat, it''s just not on. Why are Brentford fans enjoying their purple patch on here? This is a Norwich City forum. We moan and celebrate about Norwich City on here. I find it galling that now the fans of other clubs are allowed to moan about Norwich City too.

[/quote]

If you were a Brentford fan you''d be pretty p*ssed off at Norwich City charging £35 for this match. A total rip off.

Probably doesn''t help our relationship with other clubs when some of us seem to think we''re only '' on loan '' to the Championship. Do you remember what happened last time we thought that, printed shirts and all ? Years stuck down there topped off with a trip to League One as the icing on the cake, that''s what.

Gloating is all part of football. We''ve done it plenty of times ourselves.

[quote user="Nicko"]Also, had we won, I bet this Brentford fan wouldn''t even be here.[/quote]

You''d have lost your bet.

The '' Besotted '' team were on here before and after we beat them 3-0 at Griffin Park. They do audio and video coverage of every game and our trip to their place was well covered on here and on their site.

Can''t knock anything BEESOTTED has said, Comparing our club to Brentford, we are a bigger club but fall very short in terms of hunger, attitude and player ability. The wage budget also, what a joke that is here. I would love to see what the first team earn a week, embarrasing (Olsson for example)

To pick up on a point made by the OP in respect of "supply and demand", whilst I understand where the OP is coming from, it is worth having a little bit of knowledge in respect of the situation at Norwich City. Our ground has a match day capacity of circa 26.500, we currently have circa 22,000 season ticket holders, we also have a waiting list for season tickets together with "Super Members" etc, so when you factor in the away allocation, the number of actual match day tickets available to Norwich City fans on "general release" is extremely low.

The way the home fans are physically segregated from away fans is very fliexible, so if Brentford had only sold say 300  tickets, the club would have moved the physical barrier and filled the seats with home fans, so the calculations made by the OP in respect of revenue us redundant.

My personal belief is that should our season carry on in the manner of the display against Brentford then "supply and demand" will kick in with a decrease in season ticket holders and an increase in the number of tickets on general sale.

Our high season ticket take up is fuelled by the optimism of an immediate return to the Premiership, something that may be under threat if there are many more abject performances as witnessed on Saturday.

I had a feeling that Brentford would beat us, and they thoroughly deserved their win.....