Sign in to follow this  
Beesotted

Brentford fan here: Thoughts on Saturday - and Pre-Match Podcast

Brentford fanzine Beesotted here [URL=www.beesotted.co.uk]Beesotted Fanzine[/URL] .. in peace .. popped over here at the beginning of the season after we shot our post match video (link below) when you came down to Griffin Park ... really friendly the Norwich fans were.

Tis been a bit of a season for us. We''ve kinda got the hang of this division since we last played each other. Great wins against Derby and Forest .. and F*lham .. that was on another level .. Jota in the 94th minute .. he will get th keys of the town (what town?) for sure.

Not sure of your thoughts about the weekend. We discussed the match on our podcast this week and we''re all a bit nervous. A point will be a great (and rare - we don''t do draws .. win or lose is Warburton;s theory) result for us. We''ve been getting results as of late without firing on all cylinders. Plus Alan Judge is missing .. and he''s a big loss.

We did our podcast this week. Please don''t take it personally, but we absolutely roasted your club''s £35 ticket price. The podcast featured the Brentford CEO who thought the price was bang out of order .. and also a guy from the football supporters federation. Unfortunately, Norwich very politely refused to give their comment on the podcast which is a shame as it would have been really interesting to have got an opinion from the other side.

Have a listen. It''s long .. but indexed (see the ''track listing on the notes below the podcast). Something to do while washing the dishes. You can even listen to it in itunes by clicking the button below the podcast

[URL=http://bit.ly/186hUJU]Beesotted Norwich Match & Ticket Price Podcast[/URL]

Other than the ticket price, we''re very much looking forward to coming to Norwich. Haven''t been there since (and maybe I shouldn''t remind you) we won 2-0 i think it was in the FA cup back in the mid 90s. We wore cheese hats .. as you do. Meeting a few Norwich characters in one of your locals.

We''ll be shooting our fan video as per usual on Saturday. Heres a peep at the video from earlier in the season

[URL=http://bit.ly/1CH3Ijy]Beesotted Norwich Terrace Video[/URL]

Cheers

hi there....

u boys will be welcome as always (except Ipswich of course! ;) haha )

tbh we all know we got away with that game at your place with a decent result because ruddy had a worldie 1st half ! ,,,,,,,,

we hope mr.gray has an off day as with that pace as Cardiff had last weekend we struggled with :/

maybe there will be a few goals... but we deffo need to score first so u boys have to come out ... (mind u im sure you boys will go for it maybe straight away)

im looking forward to it ....

should be a decent game...

big 6 pointer ! ;)

Gray hasn''t been as on form the last few weeks as he was in november and december. he missed a hatful of chances against brighton in the cup - we would have been playing arsenal on saturday to be honest. but hey ho.

We had a similar game as you did against cardiff. We absolutely smashed them first half at their place. 3-0 up. douglas went off injured and they came back to 3-2 second half and possibly could have nicked a draw.

one thing we''ve learned to do is win ugly recently. we couldn''t do that earlier in the season.

sound like there will be a few goals on saturday ....

that''s 0-0 then ....

Hi beesotted, I live Kingston way and have taken my kids to see the bees a fair bit over the last couple of years (though

not so much this season, oddly, given how well you''ve been going!), it has always been a decent afternoon out....and with a chippy in the ground, too :-) !

The cost to come to Carrow Road is purely supply and demand, I''m afraid - the price you''re paying is the same as for our supporters, and they know we''ll near-as-dammit sell out; I''m a season ticket holder and factoring travel costs in it certainly isn''t cheap to keep going. To be fair, Brentford is a few quid more than last season in L1 (£10 more than it was for me and my boys combined) and I''m sure they''d charge more if they could get away with it.

I''m hoping for a good game on Saturday, I obviously have a soft spot for Brentford but it won''t be showing come 3pm!

[quote user="Beesotted"]Gray hasn''t been as on form the last few weeks as he was in november and december. he missed a hatful of chances against brighton in the cup - we would have been playing arsenal on saturday to be honest. but hey ho.

We had a similar game as you did against cardiff. We absolutely smashed them first half at their place. 3-0 up. douglas went off injured and they came back to 3-2 second half and possibly could have nicked a draw.

one thing we''ve learned to do is win ugly recently. we couldn''t do that earlier in the season.

sound like there will be a few goals on saturday ....

that''s 0-0 then ....[/quote]

haha yeh maybe 0-0 and screw us both over...

guess it depends who scores first and he thinks sod it lets go for it ! :) we will miss howson... but we have got a few decent back ups tbh...

murphy,hoolahan.oneil,tettey could be back,vadis etc.... mind u lafferty had a good game last week but as the new boss said we all looked tired after an hour so I think he will be trying to top up our fitness so can go flat out for longer.... :)

Well we need to win, and your away form is not great, it''s been your home form that has got you up there which is what you need to do well in this division. You''ve had some really good results and unlike us, a good level of consistency. Will be a tough and tight game.

Enjoy the game. Really enjoyed your place, great atmosphere and a few decent pints in The Lord Nelson.

Your club still has a really good traditional feel about it,.

I think the Bees have a good chance of getting something from this game because you''re catching us during a crisis with Mike Phelan leaving. In the last year we''ve lost two managers, four first team coaches, our Head of Coaching and Chief Scout. Out of that eight only the last two and Phelan decided to leave voluntarily.As you might expect our backroom has been decimated, and when Alex Neil''s assistant joins us from Hamilton we''ll have a relatively inexperienced and exclusively Scottish management and coaching staff. What''s worse is that our already poor standard of football will probably deteriorate and begin to resemble the poor quality kick and rush played by Hamilton. We have a reasonable squad but can only really expect to see the sort of football that teams in relegation trouble play as opposed to our traditional passing game which was last seen in the early-mid 90s.I''m sorry that you''ve paid such an exorbitant amount for your ticket, but this is what happens when your club is run by faceless men in suits who only really care about earning their fat bonuses. A lot of Norwich fans have watched the football deteriorate under Delia Smith, so it''s a double hammerblow to be pay so much for a shoddy product.Good luck to the Bees, I expect the score to be 1-1 or a 2-1 to Brentford.

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]Please disregard the above post. Poceni isn''t a Norwich fan and doesn''t represent the views of any sane supporter.[/quote]As someone who goes to games and encounters a wide variety of fans instead of listening to Radio Norfolk or watching on an illegal stream at home, that''s a load of rubbish. The happy clappers that tend to post on here are very much a minority in the real world. It''s a fact that since April we''ve lost eight members of our senior footballing staff, and any sane fan can see things aren''t going well when a coach of Phelan''s stature chooses to follow them through the door after only a few weeks in the job.Lots of supporters are unhappy with the way things have gone, perhaps you''ve forgotten the aftermath of the Reading game only a few weeks ago when supporters were protesting outside the ground and barracking our Chief Exec in person. Several real life fans described the football as the worst they''d seen in a long time and several were seriously questioning the club''s direction under Delia Smith''s ownership.There are sure to be a few scummers posting ridiculously positive posts as a way of winding up genuine fans whenever the club has performed poorly. If you''re trying to pretend that everything is rosy then perhaps it''s you who''s not a Norwich fan.

Go for a good moan every week with your mates do you arski, there''s plenty of miserable gits like you in the ground, love a good moan eh? Something to look forward to on the weekend, lovely.😄

No, seriously.. your trolling level is poor. Keep working on it.

2 back-to-back promotions, followed by 3 seasons in the premier league. club debt paid off, attendances maxed out, academy upgraded to elite level, and a large, strong squad that we don''t need to sell.

Your memory is either very poor, or you have an agenda. I wonder which one it is..

Perhaps you should ask a Leeds fan what it''s like to support a club that''s poorly run. Then you can compare your ''experiences'' and see how quickly they twat you in the face.

Looking forward to it but in reality you are just coming to make up the numbers. We did Bournemouth with 10 men and as a result there confidence is smashed. Similar will happen to the Bees

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]2 back-to-back promotions, followed by 3 seasons in the premier league.[/quote]The only reason we had back to back promotions in the first place was because we were mismanaged very badly before our relegation to League One. Have you forgotten fielding teams made up mostly of loanees under Roeder? Then we gave a former Lord Mayor of Norwich who had zero coaching or management experience a shot at the top job, resulting in relegation and nearly going into administration.The fact that we had to pay off our debt had more to do with accumulating so much of it under Delia''s tenure. This and the back to back promotions are just examples of the club recovering after shooting itself in the foot, they''re not examples of the club being run soundly.The last two seasons in the Premiership were almost universally derided as being the most mind numbing experience for Norwich fans. The football was horrid and still suffers to this day from the sideways, backwards and hoof it upfield mentality. Instead of revitalising the first team setup we went and appointed the U18s manager on a full time basis after his having put up no real fight against relegation.With the alarmingly high turnover of managers and coaches, our recent underperformance and the poor quality of football (which sparked a large fan protest), things aren''t quite as rosy as many of the happy clappers seem to suggest.

Really had a good time at your place. We sold out our allocation and you were aware a few of us had brought tickets in the home end so you kept us together so we could sing with the City fans. Not many clubs do that.

Nice pubs around the ground with an old ground atmosphere. I hope this doesn’t change when you get your new ground.

You will find us lot friendly. I hope you enjoy the game but not the result!

[quote user="Poceni Kanarski"][quote user="Crystal Canary"]2 back-to-back promotions, followed by 3 seasons in the premier league.[/quote]
The only reason we had back to back promotions in the first place was because we were mismanaged very badly before our relegation to League One. Have you forgotten fielding teams made up mostly of loanees under Roeder? Then we gave a former Lord Mayor of Norwich who had zero coaching or management experience a shot at the top job, resulting in relegation and nearly going into administration.

The fact that we had to pay off our debt had more to do with accumulating so much of it under Delia''s tenure. This and the back to back promotions are just examples of the club recovering after shooting itself in the foot, they''re not examples of the club being run soundly.

The last two seasons in the Premiership were almost universally derided as being the most mind numbing experience for Norwich fans. The football was horrid and still suffers to this day from the sideways, backwards and hoof it upfield mentality. Instead of revitalising the first team setup we went and appointed the U18s manager on a full time basis after his having put up no real fight against relegation.

With the alarmingly high turnover of managers and coaches, our recent underperformance and the poor quality of football (which sparked a large fan protest), things aren''t quite as rosy as many of the happy clappers seem to suggest.
[/quote]

He was Sheriff of Norwich not Lord Mayor, I suspect the rest of your post is as accurate as that.

TC your post is dribble - Poceni is 100% spot on

This club has been poorly run by the current owners for years and the escalation in debt which has now been paid off has to be layed at there door - after all they appointed Grant Reoder Gunn  etc & gave them borrowed money to spend on wasters

If we dont get promoted the blame lies 100%  with Delia & Co - could not think of a worse appointment than Adams (could you) and then allowing him to spend £17.2M on players in the summer was a joke

The fact that Gunn was Sheriff and not Lord Mayor is irrelevant - get real man -Poceni just trying to highlight the fact that it was an idiotic appointment

Good post Poceni - the truth hurts Delia lovers

[quote user="Newton"]

TC your post is dribble - Poceni is 100% spot on

This club has been poorly run by the current owners for years and the escalation in debt which has now been paid off has to be layed at there door - after all they appointed Grant Reoder Gunn  etc & gave them borrowed money to spend on wasters

If we dont get promoted the blame lies 100%  with Delia & Co - could not think of a worse appointment than Adams (could you) and then allowing him to spend £17.2M on players in the summer was a joke

The fact that Gunn was Sheriff and not Lord Mayor is irrelevant - get real man -Poceni just trying to highlight the fact that it was an idiotic appointment

Good post Poceni - the truth hurts Delia lovers

[/quote]

The only truth is that he was Sheriff and not Lord Mayor.

TC you would not know sh@''t even if you fell in a cess pit

Funny that because thats normally what you post

Negative true facts about the club hurt you - dont they ?

What isnt true in my post ?

Oh I forgot you are another one that plays on words but never has an opinion

Poceni''s post had nothing to do with Gunns position as Sheriff or that fact that he was selling mobile phones when Delia appointed him and gave him £0,000''s of borrowed money to fritter away - but was highlighting another crap decision she has made recently

Yes you chose to ignore that as normal

[quote user="Newton"]

TC you would not know sh@''t even if you fell in a cess pit

Funny that because thats normally what you post

Negative true facts about the club hurt you - dont they ?

What isnt true in my post ?

Oh I forgot you are another one that plays on words but never has an opinion

Poceni''s post had nothing to do with Gunns position as Sheriff or that fact that he was selling mobile phones when Delia appointed him and gave him £0,000''s of borrowed money to fritter away - but was highlighting another crap decision she has made recently

Yes you chose to ignore that as normal

[/quote]

The bits between ''TC'' and ''lovers'' and please stop being so rude.

On the ticket price thing it''s simply supply and demand. Our owners are completely skint in football terms, your owners are probably much wealthier than ours so they can subsidise and need to keep tickets low to get people in and compete with the other London clubs. We''re the only club in the (large) county and the only attractive/fashionable club to support in the whole of East Anglia, our stadium is about 5k too small for us so we have to bump prices up and if the away fans can''t afford the allocation you can bet home fans would gladly snap up the seats.

I know it''s a b!tch and it means people like me who can''t commit to a season ticket have to pay extortionate prices for a day at the footie, think yourself lucky you don''t have to pay £35 every other week!

Beesotted ,

Welcome to our forum, hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the game, ignore the silly people who are argueing, they don''t represent the majority on this forum.

Whats your prediction for the game??

[quote user="Poceni Kanarski"][quote user="Crystal Canary"]2 back-to-back promotions, followed by 3 seasons in the premier league.[/quote]The only reason we had back to back promotions in the first place was because we were mismanaged very badly before our relegation to League One. Have you forgotten fielding teams made up mostly of loanees under Roeder? Then we gave a former Lord Mayor of Norwich who had zero coaching or management experience a shot at the top job, resulting in relegation and nearly going into administration.The fact that we had to pay off our debt had more to do with accumulating so much of it under Delia''s tenure. This and the back to back promotions are just examples of the club recovering after shooting itself in the foot, they''re not examples of the club being run soundly.The last two seasons in the Premiership were almost universally derided as being the most mind numbing experience for Norwich fans. The football was horrid and still suffers to this day from the sideways, backwards and hoof it upfield mentality. Instead of revitalising the first team setup we went and appointed the U18s manager on a full time basis after his having put up no real fight against relegation.With the alarmingly high turnover of managers and coaches, our recent underperformance and the poor quality of football (which sparked a large fan protest), things aren''t quite as rosy as many of the happy clappers seem to suggest.[/quote]

I don''t see how your argument stands up when you say, "The only reason we had back to back promotions in the first place was because we were mismanaged." What? Have a look at Sheffield United - now in their fourth year in League 1, surely they could only dream of such mismanagement.

I agree with you that the football under Hughton was woeful, and the subsequent appointment of Adams questionable, but you''re perhaps being overly pessimistic. Financially the club is extremely healthy, and only time will tell if the club has underperformed as badly as you have suggested.

I hate to be pedantic (no I really do [:$][:)]), but how exactly does someone fritter away £0,000''s of borrowed (or any other kind of) money?!?!? [:D]

Apples

[quote user="Canary Island"]

Looking forward to it but in reality you are just coming to make up the numbers. We did Bournemouth with 10 men and as a result there confidence is smashed. Similar will happen to the Bees

[/quote]

This is a wind-up right ?