Sign in to follow this  
HampsteadCanary

One touch football, and our supposedly superior squad

What has happened to our playing style? I never understand it, watching other teams, especially those like Bournemouth, Derby and Brentford, being able to knock the ball through our team like we''re all wearing blindfolds, yet our supposedly superior squad can''t string two passes together.

Granted we''ve seen some good play at points this season, but technically we''re nowhere near as good as people seem to think. I just think back to that game in the Prem a few years ago against Swanswea when we played Fox, Surman, Wes and I think E Benno, and looked great! Because everybody in that midfield was capable of getting the ball under control quickly and moving it on, either to feet or ahead of a player to run onto. Not saying we''d be better with them now, just players who can play football, not just athletes.

If we truly had a superior squad, we wouldn''t need to play two holding midfielders in the championship, one should be enough! Leads me to think that the players are just not good enough, as it doesn''t seem to matter who manages them, they still cannot deliver on a regular basis.

Too many of our players have their second touch as a tackle. Sadly the fans love them for their effort rather than calling out the problems they cause us.

The english disease - prefer effort over ability

Zipper I totally agree

The likes of Gary holt being lauded and similar work horses.

Andy Hughes was another, crofts now at brighton was one who had end result. But I am a believer in end result and will show my disgust when the player collects and cannot show the class that is expected of a professional footballer.

Many english talents have been wasted because of this be

If but it def is a norwich disease too.

Jerome''s individal brilliance got us the winning goal at Bournemouth and the winning goals at brentford.

That is what I marvel at and a team going for promotion needs more of that then work horses.

That has always been my problem with hoolahan, where were the goals that matched the effort, nowhere to be seen. That does not make you then a complete player or a player who can warrant a place who needs goals from every position.

I ain''t fussed about one-touch football, I care about effective football.
And no matter what anyone says, it''s the case for all football fans
There weren''t too many one touch passing build-ups under Lambert but we enjoyed the direct approach.
Hughton played a (tried to) possession retaining, patient game. But we were all bored to the point I was headbutting the bloke''s seat in front in an attempt to put me in a coma for the rest of the game.