Sign in to follow this  
Adycakes

That problem left side of midfield

I see Derby have approached QPR to loan Junior Hoilett, looks like QPR want a permanent transfer though. Is this someone we should be looking at?

I''m guessing his wages would be high, but I feel he could add something to this team.

Any other potential left sided midfield targets people can think of?

I''ve always had a inkling for Kris Commons, attacking midfielder with a fabulous left foot.He also worked very well with Gary Hooper at Celtic.Despite the overall quality there are a few gems playing in the Scottish leagues so let''s hope Neil has some connections.

yes, that''s why why we need a left midfielder :)

It''s worrying that Bradley Johnson is our best left midfielder despite being a defensive mid by trade.

Other than left midfield there are other positions we should be looking at. Problem is........we aren''t being linked with anyone. Derby seem ready to do business and even Leeds have been busy. Only six days of window left. We need some movement prior to the weekend in and out

I have already mentioned him earlier on the transfer window madness thread as well as matt phillips and junior stanislas.

Kris commons in the no10 role even at 31 would be great

Don''t panic lads we''ve got our "footballing board" in place to ensure any potential signings improve our first team. The all mighty David Mcnally assured us we wouldn''t make the same mistakes in the transfer windows as we made under Hughton.

Apparently numerous clubs are chasing the likes of San Miguel, Lafferty, Grabban, Odjidi what''s his face, McHandles, Louis Thomlinson and Cuellar.

I''m just glad we didn''t sign a bunch unsellable prospects again such as Fer, Snodgrass, Redmond, Olsson, Bassong and Hooper.

All hail Mcnally.

Did McNasty really say that Stan? I thought Hughton''s transfer dealings were pretty good, RVW apart, but it was the way they were used that was the weakness.Oh for a Snoddy or a Fer now!

Looks like Hoilett is on about 50k a week so maybe he won''t be an option after all!

I was also surprised that the lad is 24! Seems like he''s been around forever, plus he''s bloody quick which something we lack, well we lack pace all over the pitch really with the exception of Olsson, Redmond & maybe Jerome.

Kris Commons is a good shout, but it seems Lennon tried to poach him at Bolton & the move was rejected by Celtic.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Did McNasty really say that Stan? I thought Hughton''s transfer dealings were pretty good, RVW apart, but it was the way they were used that was the weakness.Oh for a Snoddy or a Fer now![/quote]BroadstairS, in the Radio Norfolk inteview in May McNally was asked if Hughton had bought badly, and this was his answer, which can be broadly summarised as a "Yes" although there might be an element of suggesting it was also the way the arrivals were used:“If you look at the reason why we have struggled this year, in the

five years

we have worked together every summer transfer trading has improved the

football

club. That cannot be said about last summer with the seven players

coming in. If you go back to the year before with some of the players he

[Hughton]

brought in, in his first summer, despite the lack of time he had in

joining us

in June he did well with the money available then, and he was clearly

restricted by the amount of cash he had that summer. Ironically last

summer we had more money to spend and you look back with

the benefit of hindsight and say the summer signings haven’t worked. And

they

haven’t.”

[quote user="mrs miggins"]yes, that''s why why we need a left midfielder :)

It''s worrying that Bradley Johnson is our best left midfielder despite being a defensive mid by trade.[/quote]I''m not sure he is a defensive mid ''by trade''.Lambert brought him in and used him as a defensive mid, but he had played a number of roles whilst at Leeds including down the left hand side.

BroadstairsR wrote the following post at 27/01/2015 1:42 PM:

I''ve always had a inkling for Kris Commons, attacking midfielder with a fabulous left foot.

He also worked very well with Gary Hooper at Celtic.

Despite the overall quality there are a few gems playing in the Scottish leagues so let''s hope Neil has some connections.

The only times I have seen Commons were in the Champions League games and IMO he looked really good. Just the sort of player we could do with at the moment, and as you say would be good to get him back with Hoops.

Very true, chicken. I just associate him as a centre mid/defensive mid because that''s where he plays for us and is not really in the typical mould as your average left midfielder (in the sense that he''s a big lad, poor passes and crosser without any pace). However, as you allude to, it''s wrong to pin him down as a CM as he has done a number of roles whilst at Leeds, so ''by trade'' was the wrong definition.

Another option I have thought about is James McClean at Wigan. Powerful and scores goals.seems like his career has stalled somewhat( drinkdrive conviction and poppy refusal)

Always decent at international level,25 years old, might not fancy league 1 with wigan and hopefully wes can have a word!

Gotta be enough reasons there!

Although I like Mcclean, Wigan fans don''t rate him that much, but I too think he would be a useful signing. They''re more worried about Mcmanaman ''s inevitable £4m move to the premier league.

@Andy 1974 - McClean explained his reasons for not wearing a Poppy on his shirt, I don''t feel this is has anything to do with his career ''stalling''.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/07/wigan-james-mcclean-poppy-bolton