Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Our fans

Can''t believe so call supporters and trying to blame other supporters/fans for being the cause, as this is going to help matters. Carry on guys and alienate those who choose to voice concern.

I can''t see the point of sitting there with a smile and feeling lucky just be sitting at Carrow Road, clapping a performance like last Saturday....if thats your definition of a supporter then Chase would never have been hounded out and Gunny might still manager!

One persons expectations and personality doesn''t mean its right....maybe those who expect better and boo are more supporters than you guys? They apply pressure and demand improvement, just clapping last saturdays performance reinforces to the club that we can accept what was served up!

I''m a happy fence sitter, I moan about poor play as does everyone, I cheer and sing at the start and throughout the game, don''t boo but heck its up to each person we are all different.

It''s just sorting the wheat from the chaff

Our fanbase has been divided too long and nothing seems to bring it together

Does anyone hetr seriously think promotion would bring our support together? Not a chance.

We will make no headway as a club until we sort this out as a fanbase. I think we need to be looking at (as sad as it sounds, and I hate this) designated singing sections of the crowd, push for a safe standing trial at the ground anything to try and raise the atmosphere that might bring the fans closer together.

Gus Poyet was describing the same situation at Sunderland the other day. We need to let go of the past and move forward as a fanbase it''s as simple as that because the situation will get worse and worse it''s poisonous and I''m amazed that so little people can see it.

Spot on from Big Fish and Nutty.Football go''ers have most definitely moved from Supporters to Customers (or consumers as the club actually call us).No one is doubting the incredible loyalty our supporter base has, we turn up in numbers, but the true passion of a fan who doesn''t get behind their team is something that many of us question. With each season ticket price hike, we''ve lost more and more faces

within the vocal areas, and gained leeches that tell people that they

"Barclay E Block" whilst not contributing to the atmosphere. That may well be their choice, but this is where the problem lies.With Carrow Road at capacity each home game and a steady stream of cash is flowing through the ticket office it doesn''t matter to the club if they pee off and disillusion the original fan base, because someone else, preferably with more money rattling round in their pocket, will snap up that seat and further dilute the once vocal areas.The club have backed themselves in to a corner, albeit behind a

mountain of cash, where they know the atmosphere is in massive decline

but know they cannot just relocate vocal fans because they know that their

"consumers" will complain about the upheaval when asked to vacate their

seats to make way for a section.The Barclay End Projekt''s vocal areas at U21''s games are proving to the club that we do have vocal fans that can make an atmosphere, if fans are allowed to once again congregate. Come along tonight and see for yourself. We will be in constant discussions over the next few years with the club to try and improve atmosphere, without the need for gimmicky clappers etc.A great start will be the club allowing the Projekt to organise ticketing within Blocks E & D for a home cup game next season, or even better, allow the lower Barclay to be unreserved seating, allowing people to get in early, congregate with like minded fans and create a vocal section naturally, like the old days.We''re a long way off, but the fight has just begun.

[quote user="Indy"]I can''t see the point of sitting there with a smile and feeling lucky just be sitting at Carrow Road, clapping a performance like last Saturday....if thats your definition of a supporter then Chase would never have been hounded out and Gunny might still manager!

One persons expectations and personality doesn''t mean its right....maybe those who expect better and boo are more supporters than you guys? They apply pressure and demand improvement, just clapping last saturdays performance reinforces to the club that we can accept what was served up!

I''m a happy fence sitter, I moan about poor play as does everyone, I cheer and sing at the start and throughout the game, don''t boo but heck its up to each person we are all different.[/quote]

LOL Indy! Chase wasn''t hounded out. One of the greatest supporters this club has ever had bought him out. The late great Geoffrey Watling didn''t sit in the directors box abooin'' and ahollerin'' to get his hand on the fat controllers shares. We''ve been lucky throughout our history that supporters have stepped up to the plate when needed. Throughout history the boo boys have achieved diddly squat in comparison.

What is so bad about the place our great club is in at the moment? What will we have to achieve to make the boo boys happy?

Are you on a wind up Nutty? Mounted police and bricks through windows isn''t being hounded? Or did that not happen in your mind?

Additionally if you are happy with Saturday then great for you. Like I said I hooe that it was just a blip because football and effort like Saturday will see many a booing crowd!

But no doubt you see it from the green n yellow tinted glasses. 😎

There''s always been booing at Carrow Road, as at all grounds, I remember it as a kid in short trogs.A rank bad performance deserves disapproval. It ''aint cheap after all.What I don''t agree with is the booing of individual players. This is spiteful and counter-productive.

No I''m not on a wind up. All those things happened but did nothing to shift him. He only went when after the bank pulled the plug and Watling showed him the colour of his money. Do you remember it differently? The boo boys have never achieved anything!

[quote user="Dibs"]Can''t believe so call supporters and trying to blame other supporters/fans for being the cause, as this is going to help matters. Carry on guys and alienate those who choose to voice concern.

[/quote]

Can''t agree more. Stop blaming each other.

I get it, the blame game! What are we blaming people for? Is it for being long s

uffering fans who in fact have been nothing of the sort?

Couldn''t attend the game Saturday as I was ill but watched it on the internet. The commentator on more than one occasion mentioned the poor atmosphere inside the ground and how it wasn''t helping the team. The booing of Whittaker was the lowest point yet for the fanbase this season, not the most gifted player but he was out of position and didn''t hide. This atmosphere is now Delias famous 12th man, only for the opposition. The club have no chance of promotion if everyone isn''t pulling in the same direction. Yes there has been many mistakes made this season at both boardroom and pitch level but that really needs to be put to one side now for us to have any chance.

Ah JF, the great thing is we booed Whittaker twice, great value for money if you ask me, AN threw a dummy with the subs, we had a damn good boo, then it was the real thing and more booing. Only thing that worries me is if we keep getting two boos for the price of one the season tickets will go up again.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]There''s always been booing at Carrow Road, as at all grounds, I remember it as a kid in short trogs.A rank bad performance deserves disapproval. It ''aint cheap after all.What I don''t agree with is the booing of individual players. This is spiteful and counter-productive.[/quote]I remember going in the dark days of the mid-late ''90''s with crowds barely breaking into the 14k''s and there being little or no booing at all. And that with teams of players that you wouldn''t describe as exciting. I remember that people in the ground back then were far more realistic and understood that those players were the best the club could muster at that time and the crowd had a big part to play in keeping the club in the league.A strange sort of thing happened with Worthington, we made the play-off final. And then promotion.Worthington''s entire tenure was then judged upon that relegation. Where we had next to no money for team improvement comparatively - the one major complaint - that we didn''t buy Ashton in the summer rather than wait until January. We were relegated by one point. Yet still it lead to massive dissatisfaction amoungst some sections of the support. Ever since then there has been this, what I call, background noise.Discontent maybe?It seems with every bit more success the tolerance levels are raised through the roof. Unreasonable expectations, unrealistic in some cases. We may not be the only club that have fans like this, but I blame it on Premier League-syndrome.A lot of the people questioning the clubs ambition also feel that the board held us back in the premier league, when we should have been pushing for Europe rather than fighting relegation. Whilst everyone would love that, it simply ignores the fact that there are other teams to compete with, all spending large amounts of money - in most cases more than us.Would I be happy with finishing outside of the play-offs? No. But I was annoyed with the way the fans hounded out Worthington and then more recently Adams. Arguably the first, Worthington, was almost instantly regrettable as what we then saw was a rapid decline in the club due to losing players that Worthington had somehow managed to retain. Replacing him with other managers no where near as successful and with players half as good as those we had lost at best.Will we see the same with Adams - I really hope not. But, and this is not a judgement on Alex, so far I have been pretty uninspired by this appointment. If you are going to make a change of manager in January, you want it to be one who can quickly identify where they feel they can make improvements and bring in players, perhaps through their contacts. Neil has now had a couple of weeks at least, to work with the squad - the problem is these will be the best players he has had to work with and in all likelihood hasn''t played alongside many as good either.We do have the core of a good squad here. But if people are looking for a quick fix, the support needs to be behind the team. At this point it is far too fragile to rely upon Alex to change things on his own, or for the team to suddenly grasp some confidence and form. The fans need to believe in them and express it and help pick them up off the floor.Sod all of this silly booing rubbish that you get from the prawn sandwich band of discontent!

The worrying thing is Alex Neil looking like a marked man with some of these fans with only a handful of games to his name.

It''s the most worrying thing about the club. It''s bigger than the board, managers, players, finances anything we are a fractured and petty fanbase with the potential to unite but the premier league RUINED some fans perceptions, expectations and realities.

I can''t see what the problem is here. When I''m happy I cheer and when things start to go wrong I tend to be rather less noisey. Eventually when I become incensed with either the Ref, a player, the team or the manager, I then feel that a boo is totally in order.If you don''t let people know when you are unhappy with a performance then there are likely to continue dishing up $hit.On Saturday I booed the Ref, Whits, and the manager for the substitutions. At the end I booed the entire team for a pathetic effort in a must win game.I speak for myself alone and I don''t expect that everyone will agree with me but I have no intention of changing the habit of a lifetime at this late stage. And if I''m honest I couldn''t give a toss if other people don''t like it.BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Aparently we don''t need, now what are you not a supporter but a customer at Carrow road Ricardo as its your fault that the team and manager were so disorganised and lacking effort!

😉

And Nutty dress it up any way you lije without the fans reaction Chase would never have sold up! But thats just the way you want to see things in your green n yellow world!

So you think it''s acceptable to boo the new managers decisions in only his 3rd game in charge having won the previous 2 then Ricardo?

[quote user="Indy"]Aparently we don''t need, now what are you not a supporter but a customer at Carrow road Ricardo as its your fault that the team and manager were so disorganised and lacking effort!

😉[/quote]That may be so but in that case they are in for one or two more booing sessions from me before the season is out.

[quote user="JF"]So you think it''s acceptable to boo the new managers decisions in only his 3rd game in charge having won the previous 2 then Ricardo?[/quote]I think it is perfectly acceptable to voice my displeasure at a football match.Nobody pays any attention to me at home so why should thet at CR.[:D]

I''m usually quite slow to boo (even the Ref) but I felt it fully warranted it on Saturday.Each to their own, we aren''t all alike.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Since the end of November we''ve taken 16 points from 8 games.

[/quote]

But during the month of November we took 1 point from a possible 16.

Fair enough. Just seems so counter productive so early in the new managers reign.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I mean 1 point from 12. [:$]

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 27/01/2015 8:22 PM:

nutty nigel wrote:

Erm yes, and your point is that Adams should have gone then presumably?

Of course if he had it would have been the wrong decision because of what followed.

[quote user="JF"]Fair enough. Just seems so counter productive so early in the new managers reign.[/quote]Not really if it makes me feel better.I have booed for better players than Whits and far better managers than Alex Neil. I doubt if any of them were ever bothered much by what I thought.

Ricardo

"I have booed for better players than Whits and far better managers than Alex Neil."

Sheer Class.

Whose the best player you have ever booed?

Unreal attitude from some fans.

All out civil war against these people until they never darken carrow road again is the only option.