Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Our fans

[quote user="Indy"]I love the fact that you think 23000 go to the game in a negative mood. [/quote]

I didn''t say they did.  23,000 is around the amount of home fans there are and that is the potential.  But the bigger the proportion of those fans that are negative within that, the worse it is for the rest - and for the players.  

LDC.If things were good then there would only be a minority of unhappy fans but unfortunately it''s more than a handful of fans that seem unhappy.Only the club can address that.

But thats my point Lakey.....if I was that negative I wouldn''t bother wasting an entire Saturday and thats the same for the rest!

Even I at 2 pm when I saw that line up thought to myself what a funny line up......why no Wes? But that was my opinion.....I didn''t go to the ground thinking that it would be so negative on the pitch from the players and so poorly organised by the manager!

We all talked on the way to the ground and all said this was a must win game. We didn''t get that on the pitch from the pkayers it didn''t appear to ba a must win game to them! Yep have an off day but you still want to see passion and effort we didn''t get tgat for some reason. And the crowd let them know.....how else are you going to convey that from the stands?

I knew it doesn''t help but the booing didn''t start nor did the negativity untill all our fears of playing poor old Whitts in a strange role, were there to see and the players all looked lost and not bothered.

Then I know some will say that Wes for Hooper was right as were losing the midfield battle but not for me....we already had 4 midfielders on the pitch Whitts for Wes and revert to a narrow diamind with 2 up top IMO was they way to get back control.

Heck the club started down the negative line with what looks like another gamble and the fans feed off that.

But I belive no City fan goes to be negative......its born of frustration and what is a lack of effort from what should be a good team.

I went along on Saturday really up for the game looking forward to it more than I have done for months. Gradually throughout the first half that disappeared. Not only because we weren''t playing well - that happens. But the style of play was terrible. It was like watching a poor mans Stoke City at their worst. It went on and on. By the end of the game I was totally deflated. 
I never boo and it didn''t cross my mind to do so this time either. To my mind it is totally counter productive and immature. But that''s just me and the way I am - I just get miserable. 
Other people react differently and I can absolutely see why there was a lot of anger and frustration in the ground. The team selection was poor, the tactics were poor, the commitment levels were poor and long term decision making at the club for over a year has been abject. An opportunity to establish ourselves as a Premiership team has been frittered away and based on Saturday''s performance it will be some time before that chance comes again. Of course some people booed - what ever else do you expect?

[quote user="Felixfan"]Booing is the only release of feelings for the long suffering fans. In some clubs there would be demonstrations or pitch invasions. If the players feelings are hurt - tough - shape up or ship out.

Cheer when you are happy with the team and boo when they do not perform or care. You are the paying customer after all.[/quote]Long suffering?! You''re having a laugh aren''t you?!Try being in this league for 11 successive years and see what your atmosphere and attendances are like then!

Additionally although some don''t like it.......but we all work hard to spend £50+ on a match, with traveling and time, it''s an expensive business, so when those player xan''t give full effort for 90 minutes given they earn more in a month than we do in a year, then I can see why fans get even more vocal!

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Felixfan"]Booing is the only release of feelings for the long suffering fans. In some clubs there would be demonstrations or pitch invasions. If the players feelings are hurt - tough - shape up or ship out.

Cheer when you are happy with the team and boo when they do not perform or care. You are the paying customer after all.[/quote]Long suffering?! You''re having a laugh aren''t you?!Try being in this league for 11 successive years and see what your atmosphere and attendances are like then![/quote]

We have been, 9 years here before and down to the third division, so suffering is right! But we''ve had some great times recently and we don''t want another 9 seasons.....we have funds and playerd just questionable appiintments at manager level PK

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Felixfan"]Booing is the only release of feelings for the long suffering fans. In some clubs there would be demonstrations or pitch invasions. If the players feelings are hurt - tough - shape up or ship out.

Cheer when you are happy with the team and boo when they do not perform or care. You are the paying customer after all.[/quote]Long suffering?! You''re having a laugh aren''t you?!Try being in this league for 11 successive years and see what your atmosphere and attendances are like then![/quote]

We have been, 9 years here before and down to the third division, so suffering is right! But we''ve had some great times recently and we don''t want another 9 seasons.....we have funds and playerd just questionable appiintments at manager level PK[/quote]I don''t buy that. The League One season was enjoyable for you as a) you visited new grounds and b) you won a shed-load of games which was the catalyst for your promotion the following year, developing a winning habit.You''ve only really had 1 dire season (relegation from Champ). I think you''ll find most Ipswich fans would swap our last decade for yours. I guess like you say there''s frustration/impatience on the Carrow Road terraces seeing their bitter rivals doing better on peanuts while City''s board spunks their biggest ever kitty.

Football fans pay there money to be entertained, the same as going to the theatre or a concert. If you are impressed or pleased with the performance you clap and/or show appreciation.

If an actor or musician is on stage but fails to ''turn up'' - whether it be bum notes, screwing up their lines up or singing out of tune you would be disappointed. You may boo, refuse to clap or even walk out early.

You''ve paid your money to be entertained. It''s your decision to boo or ''show your hand'' - you''re the one spending £25 to £35 quid to sit watching ''that'' for 90 minutes.

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"]Football fans pay there money to be entertained, the same as going to the theatre or a concert. If you are impressed or pleased with the performance you clap and/or show appreciation.

If an actor or musician is on stage but fails to ''turn up'' - whether it be bum notes, screwing up their lines up or singing out of tune you would be disappointed. You may boo, refuse to clap or even walk out early.

You''ve paid your money to be entertained. It''s your decision to boo or ''show your hand'' - you''re the one spending £25 to £35 quid to sit watching ''that'' for 90 minutes.[/quote]It''s sad that the modern day fan compares it to a trip to the theatre or concert. Even 15-20 years ago fans were a lot more laid-back and enjoyed an afternoon at the footy for what it is (or rather should be).I don''t want to open up a can of worms but Rupert Murdoch has a lot to answer for.

[quote user="Buh"]Um. Cancerous is an adjective. And I think it''s pretty obvious by the lack of support in all situations that there is something seriously wrong with the crowd.

Lack of a new generation of supporters unable to join the ranks is my money. Football "bed blocking" in effect.[/quote]Absolutely agree with you Buh.  A vocal section of our fans are disgraceful at the moment.

[quote user="Buh"]Whittaker was singled out and booed not once but twice idiot! The board went up and had a different number so the fans were booing stopped booing then commenced booing again once the board went up again!

It was one of the most pathetic things I''ve ever seen at the football. I mean "re-commencing of booing"!!?? Is that where we are as a fanbase! I was shocked and appalled. Hiding behind "we weren''t booing Whittaker" now is no use.

Pathetic. Those that booed that should be ashamed of themselves. Bitter twisted morons that have no place at our club.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Indy"]

We have been, 9 years here before and down to the third division, so suffering is right! But we''ve had some great times recently and we don''t want another 9 seasons.....we have funds and playerd just questionable appiintments at manager level PK[/quote]In that last 10 years we have played 4 seasons in the PL, 1 season in L1 and the rest in the Championship.  I''d hardly call it "long suffering", most fans of Championship clubs would dream of that.  Our fan base is rapidly descending into a disgrace if some of you think we are "long suffering" ffs.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Indy"]

We have been, 9 years here before and down to the third division, so suffering is right! But we''ve had some great times recently and we don''t want another 9 seasons.....we have funds and playerd just questionable appiintments at manager level PK[/quote]In that last 10 years we have played 4 seasons in the PL, 1 season in L1 and the rest in the Championship.  I''d hardly call it "long suffering", most fans of Championship clubs would dream of that.  Our fan base is rapidly descending into a disgrace if some of you think we are "long suffering" ffs.[/quote]

I was refering to the 9 consecutive years prior to Worthy getting us up!

But as normal on the attack like some on here!

The key issue raised from the OP has its roots in the journey that a number in City''s "fanbase" have made from supporter to customer.

It shouldn''t really need to be said but I will anyway, a supporter supports their team, through thick or thin.

On the other hand a customer has the right to express their dissatisfaction if the product isn''t up to scratch.

City has more customers than ever before with a sense of entitlement for Prem football. This manifests its self in a certain smugness that you only get from those who deep down think they are less than they appear and are worried that they will be found out. Now they feel they can express their opinion so I am free to express mine of them.

Now the question for all of you is are you a customer or are you a supporter?

[quote user="Indy"]

I was refering to the 9 consecutive years prior to Worthy getting us up!

But as normal on the attack like some on here![/quote]I know you were, but you also bunched it in with relegation to L1, when there were another 5 years separating both events.

[quote user="BigFish"]The key issue raised from the OP has its roots in the journey that a number in City''s "fanbase" have made from supporter to customer.

It shouldn''t really need to be said but I will anyway, a supporter supports their team, through thick or thin.

On the other hand a customer has the right to express their dissatisfaction if the product isn''t up to scratch.

City has more customers than ever before with a sense of entitlement for Prem football. This manifests its self in a certain smugness that you only get from those who deep down think they are less than they appear and are worried that they will be found out. Now they feel they can express their opinion so I am free to express mine of them.

Now the question for all of you is are you a customer or are you a supporter?[/quote]This is a great comparison, I agree with it entirely.

Surely if you pay for a product you are a customer?

If you are a supporter you don''t even have to go to the ground or buy any mechandise, just reply I support Norwich when asked!

Funny but I don''t boo but as rightly pointed out it doesn''t help......I have on many occasion shouted very loud at players through a moment of shear frustration and turn to those around me to question things at times....moaning!

But I can understand that other vent their frustrations more vocally and if thats what they do who am I or anyone else to tell them they can''t ......we don''t live in Russia!

[quote user="Indy"]Surely if you pay for a product you are a customer?

If you are a supporter you don''t even have to go to the ground or buy any mechandise, just reply I support Norwich when asked!

Funny but I don''t boo but as rightly pointed out it doesn''t help......I have on many occasion shouted very loud at players through a moment of shear frustration and turn to those around me to question things at times....moaning!

But I can understand that other vent their frustrations more vocally and if thats what they do who am I or anyone else to tell them they can''t ......we don''t live in Russia![/quote]It''s a sad indictment of the way modern football has headed that we''re even considering the notion of being a ''customer'' to our football clubs. Football has changed so much even in the last 15-20 years. You used to be able to go and enjoy the afternoon win, lose or draw. Now there is so much pressure on every game that the atmosphere is ruined and no wonder players struggle in such fickle climates.

Big Fish nails it. To be a supporter is a positive thing. How is whining, whinging and booing being supportive? What others are describing are fairweather supporters. Folk who want to support in the good times but distance themselves in the bad times. It''s always been that way. But not in the stadium. Because years ago you could count the fairweather fans by subtracting the attendances of the bad times from the good. But these days with soooo many people supposedly needing a season ticket the fairweather find themselves attending when they''d rather not be there. Hence the intolerance in the stadium with the boos never being far away from the surface.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Indy"]Surely if you pay for a product you are a customer? If you are a supporter you don''t even have to go to the ground or buy any mechandise, just reply I support Norwich when asked! Funny but I don''t boo but as rightly pointed out it doesn''t help......I have on many occasion shouted very loud at players through a moment of shear frustration and turn to those around me to question things at times....moaning! But I can understand that other vent their frustrations more vocally and if thats what they do who am I or anyone else to tell them they can''t ......we don''t live in Russia![/quote]

It''s a sad indictment of the way modern football has headed that we''re even considering the notion of being a ''customer'' to our football clubs. Football has changed so much even in the last 15-20 years. You used to be able to go and enjoy the afternoon win, lose or draw. Now there is so much pressure on every game that the atmosphere is ruined and no wonder players struggle in such fickle climates.
[/quote]

Jumpers for goalposts, the smell of Wintergreen, isn''t it?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Big Fish nails it. To be a supporter is a positive thing. How is whining, whinging and booing being supportive? What others are describing are fairweather supporters. Folk who want to support in the good times but distance themselves in the bad times. It''s always been that way. But not in the stadium. Because years ago you could count the fairweather fans by subtracting the attendances of the bad times from the good. But these days with soooo many people supposedly needing a season ticket the fairweather find themselves attending when they''d rather not be there. Hence the intolerance in the stadium with the boos never being far away from the surface.

[/quote]

Most of us don''t choose to be Norwich fans, it''s ingrained within us from a very early age. As such, the club is something that we feel great affinity towards – we care deeply about it and desperately want it to do well. As we invest a significant amount of our time and money into it, we are bound to feel disappointed and short-changed when the team (or, indeed, the club at large) is not performing well. I just wish that people would support the team for 90 minutes, as booing players and substitutions helps no one. Booing at half time if we''re playing like chumps I can understand, but singling out individual players for criticism is counterproductive.

Are you implying that any booing makes one a fairweather supporter? Because if we were to play badly and lose at home to Blackpool next time out, I''m pretty sure there would be more people booing than not.

I''m implying that those who''d ratrher not be there are fairweather supporters. Only you know if you''d rather not be there buddy. The intolerance this season is unbelievable. Since the end of November we''ve taken 16 points from 8 games. Despite the fact we''ve had 2 upheavals in coaching staff and a change of manager. Those games included Derby and Bournemouth away. Yet on Saturday anyone who didn''t know would have thought we had been in relegation form. We are not going to please the fans this season are we?

The intolerance is one of the biggest problems we have at the moment Nutty, I agree.
Playing at home is no longer an advantage to us, hence our sketchy home form

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m implying that those who''d ratrher not be there are fairweather supporters. Only you know if you''d rather not be there buddy. The intolerance this season is unbelievable. Since the end of November we''ve taken 16 points from 8 games. Despite the fact we''ve had 2 upheavals in coaching staff and a change of manager. Those games included Derby and Bournemouth away. Yet on Saturday anyone who didn''t know would have thought we had been in relegation form. We are not going to please the fans this season are we?

[/quote]Fair enough Eddie, I hear you. I''d always rather be there than not, irrespective of what league we''re in. I do, however, reserve the right to voice my displeasure after the match if I''m unhappy with the performance. I just wish people would get behind the team for 90 minutes, then we don''t get the whole ''it affects the players'' nonsense.

The Board, manager and players set the expectation at the start of the season ie automatic promotion. It clearly wont happen and therefore the fans every right to show their disatisfaction about the gross incompetence of the Stowmarket 2 and Mcnasty.

The atmosphere needs to continue to force the current owners out the club and a new and better chapter in the clubs history can begin

I think the biggest thing here is even though a significant section of the ground booed Whittaker not once but twice as he was subbed not one person on here has admitted to booing him.

I guess we can add the descriptive term "cowards" to those who booed as well....