Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Our fans

If I were a Norwich player I wouldn''t enjoy playing at CR one bit yet there was a time not so long ago where the backing was almost non stop.Booing players is a different matter though and it''s fair to say we''ve always had our fair share of morons all to ready to get on the players backs usually needing a scapegoat to vent there frustration rather than actually getting behind the players,Remember poor old (or should I say very young ) Ian Henderson ?

Booing not only demoralises our players but gives the opposition a boost. If this was the third game on the trot of exceptionally poor performances I could understand people getting so worked up - but I fear we could demoralise the squad before Alex Neil''s had a real chance, and once that''s happened we''re f*cked. This is not the time, is very knee jerk in my opinion, and the consequences concern me.

Hopefully Alex will have a strong pool of centre mids to choose from next week as this clearly didn''t help preparations...

Bristol BUH doesn''t attend matches hes just keyboard troll.

Had he been there he would have known what the booing was for and who it was aimed at!

That said not my cup of tea to boo even aftet the hoofball we endured.

The best team won and deserved their win.

I go to games. Season ticket holder.

Pretty obvious from what you''ve said that you weren''t there. Another armchair fan.

Yeh yeh....37 years 25 season ticket holder in the Barclay.

I was there and am every home game thank you. Even when supporting my wife tgrough her battle with cancer thank you.

Whether the booing was aimed at Whittaker, the manager, the board, the midget 4th official or Captain Canary (and how you can speak for thousands that were booing anyway is beyond me), it was still a disgrace, it will affect Whittaker and the team, not only in games to come but at the time when we needed a win and the team needed a lift.

Moronic and detrimental. Best interests of the club at heart my a***.

They can at least be man enough to admit that they booed Whittaker twice, pathetically.

[quote user="yoda"]Yes the team were Shite yesterday that''s a given but dear god our support is worse ! No backing for the players at any point and boos for both Whitaker and AN when he subbed Hooper it''s embarrassing.We may get 26,000 every week but i''d rather it was 16,000 getting behind the team,It''s easy to question if the players want premiership football but I sometimes wonder if our fans do either.[/quote]

Yesterday without exaggeration was the worst I have felt leaving Carrow Road since that day in August 2009.

But yesterday it wasn’t so much the abysmal performance of the team (we have after all become all too use to these kind of performances in recent years) but the utterly disgraceful ‘performance’ from the fans.

We have a new manager, whether he is the right or wrong man is beside the point, he is OUR manager and will be for the foreseeable future. It is our job to support him and booing his decisions in only his second game is not going to help.

Yes I agree the team feed us and it is up to them to perform, but there was negative energy in the ground yesterday before kick-off and it carried the whole way through. And as for Whitaker it really is no wonder he fluffed some major moments when 26 000 fans were doubting him from the very beginning. And it was funny how none of these saw any of the good things that he did yesterday.

The team were barely even cheered back on for the second half – we are all in this together and all the money they are paid doesn’t feed their egos, our support does, so if we want the best out of our players we have to ‘love’ them, think of Grant Holt and how he feeds off the crowd.

Every one of our players out there yesterday had a terrible day and should be ashamed of themselves so why victimise the one who is actually showing total commitment to the cause and playing out of position (probably knowing full well that he would receive stick) what annoys me even more though is that Whitaker shows commitment and gets caned for it yet a certain other midfielder not all that long again refused to celebrate when scoring for us, he was that desperate to jump ship yet he is still idolised.

Yes the board has made one too many mistakes recently but let’s not target the management and players who after all we need to perform for us to get us back to the Premier League.

If you really want to make your voices heard stop buying from the club shop. This club knows that it has the supporters gripped but if shop sales fall they will have to take notice.

But lets show the players and management our support and maybe will can get the good times back

I''m not getting to many games at the moment, but managed to watch a stream yesterday. Carrow Road really sounded a poisonous place and the ironic cheers for Whitaker''s substitution were pathetic. I thought Brentford were a joy to watch, reminded me of the football we played back in the double promotion seasons.

Having not missed more than the odd game a season for 15+ years I really thought I''d miss it more, but much more fun playing with Baby Juler on a Saturday than making the 300 mile round trip.

"Cancerous" is precisely the atmosphere some of our supporters give off, though "toxic" would be another less emotive but equally valid term.  There is a large swathe of our support who appear to have pitched up on Lambert''s coat-tails and are unable to realise that mid table Champs - mid table Premiership is about as good as it gets for our club, and if we don''t get instant success then they have the "right" to boo.
A sensible binner friend of mine (yes really) bemoans the 10k of "supporters" who have recently crawled out of the woodwork on the back of the team doing well, and notes that they will be the first ones to boo and first to walk away again when things go not so well, and will also probably cost McCarthy his job in doing so.

I think the booing was bad in this case, I get the whole paying your money thing but players are human and can earn stacks somewhere else. Surely we have to show them a bit of appreciation and loyalty, so they love the club and the fans!!

Money is largely irrelevant to a players view of the fans, as they are all good enough to earn similar sums elsewhere. Whether you have renewed your season ticket is not important to a player in the heat of the moment, your support is.

If you treat players like mercenaries, they will become mercenaries and go somewhere else, or lose interest when things get rough. Its basic stuff really

The board must listen to the fans and ask why all the unrest.

I have never felt so unhappy with the current lack of ambition coming out of our board, this is going to effect the players and so on.

Even when we dropped in division one there was hope, never like it is now.

The atmosphere at the carra is getting more and more poisonous and I can''t see it getting any better under the current regime

We need to turn the negativity on the board and not the team if everytime the Stowmarket 2 feel uncomfortable coming to the Carra they will soon sell up

Booing is the only release of feelings for the long suffering fans. In some clubs there would be demonstrations or pitch invasions. If the players feelings are hurt - tough - shape up or ship out.

Cheer when you are happy with the team and boo when they do not perform or care. You are the paying customer after all.

If I had a quid for every time I''d have season tickets for life.

Does that make me a bad fan?

Not at all Ricardo, and I will never seek to speak in such black white terms. I see it as a carrot and stick thing. Just worried that there''s too much stick and not enough carrot sometimes.

KoromaCrab wrote the following post at 25/01/2015 6:47 PM:

maybe we should be renamed after a bird that makes a booing noise rather than the canaries.

The Bitterns!

[quote user="Herman "]A booby? They look gormless as well.[/quote]

It''s blue and white ffs Herman.

Still, never could see why they called a white horse Bluey. This would be much more suitable....

Whilst it may well be merited, booing the team/players/manager/board is only ever going to be counter-productive. Remember the "run through brick walls" mentality installed by Lambert? Like it or not, the players will simply not adopt this approach if they are being booed incessantly. Yes yes, I know they are professionals, but they are also human.

Most stadiums are quiet on the road: Forest and Derby this season being notable exceptions. My perception of the booing as regards Hoopers''s substitution was that it was borne out of frustration as regards team selection and tactical approach rather than criticism of him. That there was booing at the end reflects both the abject performance and, in my view, the increasing disconnect between board and fans as a result of its poor decision making over Hughton''s dismissal and subsequent replacement(s). Given Ipswich look set for promotion, the frustration over the club''s direction and impatience of our fans, is only likely to grow.

Our fans are part of the club and affect what happens to some degree.  There are still people out there who don''t understand that, but its true.   If you take a more positive outlook to a game you are going to see a better game.   23,000 home fans going to a match feeling down about the prospects is going to make the atmosphere poor.  23,000 fans going being upbeat is going to improve the atmosphere.    

Mor importantly, 23,000 fans prepared to give the new manager and the players time to adjust to things is going to help the team.  23,000 fans going and complaining about something that they can''t have is just spoiled brat behaviour.  "Waah, I want to see top class football and I''m going to boo if I don''t get it"  or  "I paid X amount to come here and expected us to win, even though we have crippling injuries, a new manager and are playing against a very strong and confident team.    

Ok it was poor - but is that good enough reason to act like a plank and boo things when they are not going well?   Have the Lambert years ruined you as a fan?   

Everyone that goes to a match needs to ask themselves what they are going for imo.  Go to support - or go to complain at everything when things get difficult?    I''m very disappointed that we lost, but I''ve said it before, the support - as good as it can be at times - is also capable of spoiling the atmosphere to the extent it affects the players. 

So as someone who is only able to get to a few home matches a season, looking at it from the outside to a certain extent, but with the knowledge that with the right support CR is a fantastic place to be - the support looks p*ss poor at times. Sort yourselves out if you are on a permanent downer about the club - get positive or don''t bother going because you are contributing to bringing the club down too. 

I love the fact that you think 23000 go to the game in a negative mood.

It''s never like that and I keep saying it........the lower barclay is normally buzzing pre game as wellhope that this week is the turning point......the noise dropped off and discontent started with the hoofball after 10 minutes when we were being pkayed off the park by Brentford.

If you consider the departure of Phelan and the team selection then the performance it had the mix to turn soure given the importance of this match.....a 6 pointer in anyones book.

It was a shambles from start to finish and some might want to defend the club the manager and the players others have voiced their concern for this appointment which went pear shaped for whatever reason on Saturday.

The club and players are a mile away from the fans and not since the dark days off the 7-1 hammering in the third division have the fans booed so much!

Maybe the criticism should not be all aimed at the fans but the players manager and most important the board, who are very quiet allowing McNally to front all this on their behalf and as said elsewhere he might ve following Neil out the door if this does not work out. This summer could end up being a total shambles with half the squad gone no manager and no CEO.

I hate to think who the next manager will be from our board!