Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Our fans

Yes the team were Shite yesterday that''s a given but dear god our support is worse ! No backing for the players at any point and boos for both Whitaker and AN when he subbed Hooper it''s embarrassing.We may get 26,000 every week but i''d rather it was 16,000 getting behind the team,It''s easy to question if the players want premiership football but I sometimes wonder if our fans do either.

So being paid thousands of pounds per week isn''t enough reason for the players to go out and try? Yesterday was of course, terrible, and I think we have every right to not get behind the team when they play like that. Given they are paid so much compared to the average fan means they have to earn our backing. I couldn''t turn up to my job, be really crap and then expect my manager to back me. I have to earn theirs and my colleagues respect.

Sorry but AN needs to know the fans won''t tolerate incompetence. He also needs to learn quick that we are not done little SPL minnow who can get by on kick and rush football on our plastic pitch to rough up a few of the big boys. We played like Ipswich but without the defence yesterday or even Cambridge against Man U but without the heart.

We''re no different - football supporters the World over cheer when their team is playing well & boo when they''re not.That''s just how it is

The ire of the fans was arguably less to do with the shambles of yesterday but borne out of frustration that we find ourselves in this situation. Let''s not forget had we appointed an experienced manager in the Summer, such as Lennon, I suspect the vast majority of that crowd, if not this board, believe .we would be in the automatic promotion spots at this point.

That''s not just how it is though MP. That''s how it is at CR at the moment, but that''s not how it''s always been.

Fans will get behind a losing team, we have done many times in the past, but there has to be a trust between the fans, the players and the management that everyone is doing their best. When that trust is there, poor performances, conceding goals is all forgiven and the crowd will try to lift things, when that relationship has broken down the crowd becomes a gathering of critical spectators rather than fans.

For me its quite simple. That performance was so bad and some of the tactics so bad that booing was justified. Sometimes in the last booing has not been justified and has perhaps been out if force if habit as much as anything else but any team serving up that dross at home in a crucial gave would be booed.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]That''s not just how it is though MP. That''s how it is at CR at the moment, but that''s not how it''s always been.

Fans will get behind a losing team, we have done many times in the past, but there has to be a trust between the fans, the players and the management that everyone is doing their best. When that trust is there, poor performances, conceding goals is all forgiven and the crowd will try to lift things, when that relationship has broken down the crowd becomes a gathering of critical spectators rather than fans.[/quote]

This is true Jenkins. I said in another post "the faith" or trust is just not there at the moment. I don''t trust the players, i dint trust the board and its too early to know if we can trust the manager but displays like yesterday certainly don''t help.

Been saying for a while we need a relative "cull" in our fanbase.

Yesterday was bad but the Whittaker cheering his substitution and booing hoopers? A section of our fanbase is truly cancerous.

Really don''t know how we deal with it.

The bond of trust between board and fans has broken down. I don''t think it can be repaired

We have suffered long enough under the ownership of the Stowmarket Duo and it is now time for them and not the fans to change

Every fan in that ground is desperate for the team to succeed it won''t happen whilst we make weird decisions like appointing the Hamilton Accies Manager!

Why even go there Yoda? 26000 every home game and this season off the back of last yeats debacle by the board you should be praising our tollerance!

Booing was warrented at the end and Neil took this job, hes being paid to do the job so he should be aware of the stick he and the board will get!

Hoof ball of the worst kind with little passion......this will get booed everytime.

A big well done to all who turned out and stayed to watch the tripe.

[quote user="Buh"]Been saying for a while we need a relative "cull" in our fanbase.

Yesterday was bad but the Whittaker cheering his substitution and booing hoopers? A section of our fanbase is truly cancerous.

Really don''t know how we deal with it.[/quote]

What a pile of crap.......bad taste to call our fans cancerous.....consider those of us who actually face the real cancer aBUH!

Dreadful thing to say!

Um. Cancerous is an adjective. And I think it''s pretty obvious by the lack of support in all situations that there is something seriously wrong with the crowd.

Lack of a new generation of supporters unable to join the ranks is my money. Football "bed blocking" in effect.

I don''t rate Whittaker either but cheering his substitution was pathetic. It comes down to if you want to be part if the solution or part if the problem. I want every player who is that the club to be as confident as possible whether I rate them or not. booing/jeering an individual for just playing badly when asked to play out of position is nothing short of shameful.

Thats funny you should say that as it was the Snake Pit giving it large booing and full of our so calked next generation of fan.

Maybe you should take note who is the so called poorer fans.!

Using the snake pit as a barometer of intelligence is pretty redundant I''d say.

So you not only call city fans cancerous but stupid too!

I''ll no bother as you must be on a wind up BUH.

Paying for the ticket gives everyone the right to vent their frustrations any way they see fit. We all pay the money and the manager and players earn a huge wage so best they earn it with effort and organisation.

The fans have stuck by this club in large numbers through the really bad times and the good.

This is a poor period and looks set to get worse before it gets better, but thats football.

It seemed to me like the booing was evenly distributed around the ground by quite a few people. Although I cringed at the whole thing, that is the point that we''re at atm. People are fed up simply because everyone knows we can do more. (whether you think it''s the manager, or players, or both I think everyone thinks we can do ether than we have done)

[quote user="yoda"]Yes the team were Shite yesterday that''s a given but dear god our support is worse ! No backing for the players at any point and boos for both Whitaker and AN when he subbed Hooper it''s embarrassing.We may get 26,000 every week but i''d rather it was 16,000 getting behind the team,It''s easy to question if the players want premiership football but I sometimes wonder if our fans do either.[/quote]Although I do agree that the reactions to the subs was poor and you make a point, to play devil''s advocate I also reserve the right to act in any way I see fit (within legality etc obviously) given I am paying for a service.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I don''t rate Whittaker either but cheering his substitution was pathetic. It comes down to if you want to be part if the solution or part if the problem. I want every player who is that the club to be as confident as possible whether I rate them or not. booing/jeering an individual for just playing badly when asked to play out of position is nothing short of shameful.[/quote]

This. Yes the performance was the worst in a long time. Yes Whittaker was awful and just didn''t know where to be most of the time. Yes none of the players looked particularly bothered. Yes the management team didn''t realise we needed someone in midfield who could keep hold of the ball and create an outlet between defence and attack. Yes the management then kept such player on the bench for 67mins before realising he should''ve been on the pitch from the start. Yes our defence looked more shambolic than under Adams. Yes jerome forgot the offside rule and wasn''t reminded of it after the 17th time he was caught offside in the first half. Yes there was yet again no leader on the pitch or anyone actually talking (or berating) anyone else....

But the fans are just making it worse. Whittaker, as woeful as he was, was giving 100%, that was clear to see. He had a couple of decent moments (a good tackle to break their play up and a good cross field pass early on that then encouraged him to try it every time he got the ball, with much less effect) but he was playing out of position at the instruction of AN. After about 5mins and being in the wrong position constantly (unless AN wanted him playing as a box to box midfielder with no pace), AN should''ve realised the mistake and made the change.

The problem was the naive, inexperienced decisions. AN has to learn the squad quickly so he can made difficult decisions when needed. Yesterday he got it wrong and we don''t have time this season for that to happen again.

We need to be giving the players as much confidence as possible. How will Whittaker feel the next time he steps out at Carrow Road? Forget the ''he gets paid thousands a week'' blah blah, they are still human and will be affected by the booing and jeering that does nothing but have a negative effect on the next game and so on.

The dissatisfaction needs to be directed at the whole performance, not directed at single players. The management was wrong from setup to tactics and substitutions.

It was! The end of the game saw those left give it to the performance and I don''t think Whitts was booed but that the fans thought he should have come off for Wes and not Hooper.....Neil was being booed not so much Whitts.

Whittaker was singled out and booed not once but twice idiot! The board went up and had a different number so the fans were booing stopped booing then commenced booing again once the board went up again!

It was one of the most pathetic things I''ve ever seen at the football. I mean "re-commencing of booing"!!?? Is that where we are as a fanbase! I was shocked and appalled. Hiding behind "we weren''t booing Whittaker" now is no use.

Pathetic. Those that booed that should be ashamed of themselves. Bitter twisted morons that have no place at our club.

so the booing and jeering of the substitutions had and will have no effect on the the players then? Is that what you''re saying?

Really! the booing was directed at Neil as most thought he was taking off Olsson for Grabban.....the second round of booing died out quickly when Witts came off.....he''s a big boy I ''m sure he can deal with it.

What an unpleasent person ypu really are buh.

"Watching" the game on the radio again eh Indy?

I was actually there and saw what actually happened.

Neil was booed for hoopers substitution

Whittaker was booed twice and vociferously so when he was subbed. It happened and it was a disgrace.

Good point there as well. The booing actually began when Hooper came off for Wes (I''m guessing because Whittaker didn''t come off). It then happened twice subsequently. Once when the board for the Brentford sub came up instead of ours. Our fans thought it was the board for us as Whittaker was running towards the side of the pitch. The booing then reached its peak when Whittakers number was actually shown and he did come off.

It was all a disgrace and pays no help at all. Gives the team no confidence to go on and get back into the game, has a negative impact on the player (who may well needed to play again soon) and just gives the impression the fans can''t be relied on to support the team.

Expressing displeasure in the management and performance is one thing but to boo during a game at substations over a sustained period, is simply idiotic.......and embarrassing.

The biggest indication the booing was a waste of time...we lost the game.

Had we got behind the team and shown our so called loyal support, who knows...

All we hear is the right of the fan to boo and show their displeasure because they''re paying to watch. But do we want to do our best to help and support the team to a win? No, not us, we''ll stay quiet and let the oppo fans sing when things are going ok as long as we can boo when there''s the slightest hint of a drop in performance or the management make a decision we don''t agree with.

If our ''great'' support is going to boo when things are going badly, why can''t we cheer and make some noise when playing well? Carrow rd is becoming an embarrassment.