Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

ANother lack of ambition transfer window

I know there are plenty of opinions that we don''t necessarily need to strengthen, and have one of the best squads in the division. True.But last season we failed to secure a signing (considering the money at stake to remain in the Prem, so the investment is small fry compare to the rewards-remember everyone hoping for the signing of Sigurddson-what a diff that would have made!) and we continued stale and went down.It''s been an inconsistent season sofar and we really need a boost and drive to get up that table. We''re currently struggling in midfield, and have lacked quality on left side all season, having failed to replace Pilks & Surman. Ongoing speculation that Olsson may go (& that''s one that will go right to the closure of the window) but if it happens we''re then light at LB. One hopes Bassong will be like a new signing and we have defensive cover there and at RB (although its been poor all season).So would another transfer window with no real investment or quality signing show a lack of ambition by this club again at a crucial point in the season. Last time I can remember something good was when we signed Hucks & Crouch and look at the impact that had!

And do you really think our signings last summer were unambitious? They didn''t work out, but you can''t say they were unambitious. A Dutch international striker and midfielder wasn''t ambitious? Really? Are you mental?

Tom Ince, Matty Phillips, Matt Jarvis all rumoured to be available and linked to championship sides. All play a position we need filling, left wing. Lets see how ambitious we are and how much we wanna get promoted.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]And do you really think our signings last summer were unambitious? They didn''t work out, but you can''t say they were unambitious. A Dutch international striker and midfielder wasn''t ambitious? Really? Are you mental?[/quote]Bor, I could ask are you a pr*ck. Dont you ever read the message. I never said last seasons summer transfers were unambtitious. The question (if you''d read it) were if we do nothing in this window, is that unambitious.:)

And PS Bor, the clue was in the title?Never asked whether last seasons summer transfers were unambitious. They were most definitely ambitious. Whether people class them a successful is another post for another day (or has been done to death already!)

Sorry, I thought I read that the last time you could remember something good was when we signed Huckerby and Crouch.

Given that was 11 years ago, could you help clear up my confusion on what you actually meant?

I meant Hucks & Crouch, 11 years ago, was, as far as I can remember, the most ambitious and successful Jan xfer window. Can''t really remember much since. We did very little last season, and the entire market is all very quiet so far. So point was, if we do nothing this Jan window, does that show lack of ambition by club, considering it''s stance of desire for a quick return to Prem. We have Redmond (predominantly a right winger) and no natural left wingers. If we bought two LW, and sol Redmond, wouldn''t that leave us with same imbalance (assuming Bennett doesn''t come back into fold.

For the 2nd time Bor I draw your attention to the subject title. We are currently in the Jan xfer window, so thats the current topic (because last seasons summer xfer activity has a) been done to death & b) was over 6 months ago)Helpful advice back. More haste, less speed!

Does your subject title reference January?

Are there other transfer windows apart from January?

Do you understand why specifics are important?

Are you twelve?

`I meant Hucks & Crouch, 11 years ago, was, as far as I can remember, the most ambitious and successful Jan xfer window. Can''t really remember much since.`

Pretty sure Hucks & Crouch (plus Harper) were signed in the autumn but it was so long ago my memory has faded

They showed ambition by getting rid of the manager. Isn''t that what we all wanted?

[quote user="Barclay Regular"]`I meant Hucks & Crouch, 11 years ago, was, as far as I can remember, the most ambitious and successful Jan xfer window. Can''t really remember much since.`

Pretty sure Hucks & Crouch (plus Harper) were signed in the autumn
but it was so long ago my memory has faded[/quote]That is right. But then that winter, despite already being in the automatic promotion places, we signed Huckerby permanently, Svensson and Mackenzie, in what - under the circumstances - was probably our most ambitious ever set of January acquisitions. The board could have gambled that just one signing would be enough but instead went for all three. and we romped home.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Does your subject title reference January?

Are there other transfer windows apart from January?

Do you understand why specifics are important?

Are you twelve?[/quote]Bor, you want specifics. No, I''m not 12.Didn''t include specifics in subject matter, as I thought people were intelligent to realise I was referring to the current transfer window, well that''s what I was thinking when I posted. Obviously not BorBor, do they call you Bor, because you are boring, and monotone and people get bored with your argumentative? Be specificShows how boring THIS JAN (see specific) window is, because no-one can be bothered to respond to the actual questions, they''re more interested in picking petty holes and going off at tangents

[quote user="Herman "]They showed ambition by getting rid of the manager. Isn''t that what we all wanted?[/quote]

And replace him with the same = lack of ambition.

[quote user="Dibs"][quote user="Herman "]They showed ambition by getting rid of the manager. Isn''t that what we all wanted?[/quote]

And replace him with the same = lack of ambition.[/quote]We don''t know if he is the same or not yet ffs.

I think you''ll find its the players that lack ambition not the board or the manager or the fans. I don''t want us to sign any premier league players this window. Watching Sheffield United last night, there''s plenty of talented players in the football league. We need to get back to signing Young hungry players with ambition and a point to prove, not over fed, spoilt brats and have beens. We have too many already. I suppose signing grant holt from Shrewsbury lacked ambition did it? So don''t quote the moronic lack of ambition tripe, it''s so summer of 2013!