Sign in to follow this  
schmidtee

away pub in brum town

Have been doing some looking, a few sites recommend the cricketers which is within earshot of st andrews, but then also says stay away from all pubs within an earshot of the ground. Another seen was the anchor in digbeth, Any recommendations from anyone who has been before, or anywhere you would be heading?

broad street? ok.

with my little knowledge of the city i know it''s a good area to drink, but i also know its literally the opposite side of the city, what''s your plan to get to the stadium?

In the past I''ve been to The Anchor Inn right next to Digbeth Coach Station, but I''ve not been to St. Andrews for probably 10 years so a lot could of changed. It''s less than a 20 minute walk to the ground.

This is not a recommendation as such because I am going back twenty years and much more, but when I worked in Brum a few of us Canaries used to meet up in the Custard House in Bordesley Green and about a mile from St. Andrews, out of town.  We often met to watch Birmingham City play even when Norwich weren''t involved. It was their best period I believe with Francis, Latchford, Burns etc. There were always a few pleasant old Brummie supporters who used it pre-match in those days.I suppose if anybody is looking for a  comfortable drink, pre-match and away from the hassle that would do fine.It would be nice the hear about that pub as it was my local. I lived and worked nearby.A very, very good evening venue with decent live music