Sign in to follow this  
Dubai Mark

Frankie McAvoy has his fingers crossed.........

So, very pleased to see that our new First Team Coach replacing MIke Phelan has his fingers crossed that things will work out, that''s a relief.......

“I don’t think I’ve been away from my family for more than a few days so that along with how long I’d been at Accies was a big wrench.

“However, in footballing terms I’m going to another world so I’m really looking forward to it, it’s something I have to try and fingers crossed it works out, but time will tell.”

Lets all wish him all the best and hope he doesnt get home sick......we need this to work!

My rabbits foot says all will be ok. On the other hand the seaweed forecasts stormy weather.

I''ve always enjoyed amature sport.

I always liked him when he played up front for West Ham, liked his booze didn''t he? Good to see him back in football and doing well. Reckon he''ll be a credit to us.

Best keep him away from Iwan and Hucks when they''re on the scoops though.

Lets face it Hamilton are a club the size of Lowestoft Town, Absolutely nothing has convinced me these two guys aren''t totally out of their depth.

They will get big fat pay cheques for 3 months and an even bigger pay-off when they are sacked in April

You can''t blame them for turning up here, we would all do the same. The fact that they both look haunted already and seem to be making naive public statements doesn''t instill a huge amount of confidence

Hate to agree with the above but as things are evolving with this pair they seem way out of their depth

We just have to give them a chance and hope it works out.I must admit that, as events unfold, I am regretting more and more that Phelan was not given the managerial role. He was apparently very willing and his pedigee in the game speaks for it''s self.What an unecessay risk has now been taken  thoughCome Alex. We''re right behind you.

Should have given the job to Karl Robinson, looks hugely experienced of 255 games compared to the last 2 appointments. And people have to remember hes been managing in league one when much bigger clubs and budgets like Charlton, Southampton, Sheff U, Preston have been there. Done a good job always near top of the table playing good football, a man Darren Eadie says is a Paul Lambert type of manager.

Sorry to keep harping on about him just have the feeling this isnt going to end well. I hope im wrong. Seeing Whittaker in central midfield, pairing Cuellar and Turner together despite it not working when up against Harris of Cardiff, bringing Hooper off when looking for a goal vs Brentford instead of getting Hoolahan on for Whittaker. Just some very bizzare decisions.

Think people are just looking for things to worry/moan about now. Let''s just calm down and see how it goes.

How dumb are you....

If this all goes wrong it will become Delia''s appointment.

If it turns out they''re Catholics that could be your getout of jail free card...

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]I always liked him when he played up front for West Ham, liked his booze didn''t he? Good to see him back in football and doing well. Reckon he''ll be a credit to us. [/quote]

May have been a bit tasty at West Ham but he wasn''t 55 then.

Frank McAvennie that is...