Sign in to follow this  
Weve (no longer) Got Angus

Tactical Tinkering

Having watched the dross performance against Brentford, it left me thinking what can AN do with the tactics to get the best out of the players? I came up with this.. don''t shoot me down right away...

Ruddy

Turner Bassong Cuellar

E. Bennett Olsson

Tettey Johnson

Hooper Redmond

Jerome

I''m trying to think outside the box, and believe it could work, we seem to have the players capable of the positions. I''d be quite interested to hear others thoughts on it...

Certainly wouldn''t be my choice going forwards if I''m honest.There''s a reason why formations like 3-4-2-1 are rarely seen these days, and whilst it COULD work against some opposition, against most it''s fairly easy to pick apart.I''d also question the need for 3 central defenders when many clubs regularly field just a single striker, thereby leaving the other 2 guys twiddling their thumbs or desperately trying to read the runs of oncoming midfielders instead...It''s been obvious for years that our defence is nowhere near our best asset, so we need to make the most of our midfield and attack (when fit of course) and that doesn''t mean playing an extra centre half for no reason.

Do you know from my observations since Hughton we play defensive pair of midfielders and they drop so deep that we end up with 4 CD at times and no ibe knows who to pick up not to mention runners from midfield.......then when these two do end up forward the never chase back.

Let the defenders do their job....hold your lines of 4 & 4, compress the park and pass and move for each other.....simple really.

Lets get after the teams and not drop so deep that we allow tgem to have the midfield.

Tactical rinkering and player motivation and understanding required.