Sign in to follow this  
Adycakes

Media Pre-Match coverage toned down?

Is it just me or have there been much less interviews with Alex Neil / Players since he arrived at the club.

Usually there''d be multiple interviews & a 5 to 6 minute chat with the manager about last weekends game, injuries... etc before the game but nothing at all this week. (unless I''ve missed it)

Is this how it will be, AN starting to put his stamp on things?

I had not really noticed this, but yes, what the OP says does appear to be the case. May be just coincidence of course, but it''d be interesting to know what AN''s policy was re players and the media when he was at Hamilton.I believe that , in the Premier League, clubs are contractually obliged to make players available for press confs and interviews. Is that also the case in the Football League ?If this is a new policy by AN, then I for one would welcome it. Frankly, the players never really say anything remotely interesting or new in these stage-managed interviews. It''s all ''toe the party line'' stuff . And I''m sure I''m not the only one who''s thoroughly fed up of hearing the same old platitudes from players.....''we''ve got to go again and work on cutting out the errors'' type guff. Only to do the self same thing during the next match.It''s very difficult to take some of the pre-match hype seriously, particularly as everyone knows the outcome will greatly depend on the attitude of the players on any given day. Or even any given 45 minutes, it seems.

I do hope that this is the influence of our new manager, RM must have been deeply embarrassed after his comments last weekend, The talking must be done on the pitch, and the manager can do his weekly press conference and keep the world informed as much as need be !

9O minutes tomorrow is all the talking that will be needed, and with 2,500 travelling there, they will be hoping and "listening" OTBC