Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Hendrie signs for West Ham

Strange that Hendrie signed for the hammers ? being a left back and our connections with Accies, cant help wondering why we didn''t go for him ? maybe we are in for the midfield Frenchman ? what''s your views ?

I did read that Alex thought he was still young and raw, one for the future, and not what we need at the moment. Which is a fair assessment. Tend to agree that we need players to be able to start straight away.

[quote user="Herman "]I did read that Alex thought he was still young and raw, one for the future, and not what we need at the moment. Which is a fair assessment. Tend to agree that we need players to be able to start straight away. [/quote]

I read that too, he said he wasnt ready. I''m not a fan of buying payers for the future, all you do at our level is hamper the players career and development.

Must admit didn''t see that comment from Alex Neil, if Ollson was to depart we are thin at LB, big Sam obviously see''s something, hence signing and loaning back until end of the season...

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Must admit didn''t see that comment from Alex Neil, if Ollson was to depart we are thin at LB, big Sam obviously see''s something, hence signing and loaning back until end of the season...[/quote]

I don''t doubt he has some talent, but we have a young left back out on loan at Swindon that looks pretty good. IMO If the manager who has worked with him has doubts he''s up to it, it''s best left alone for his benefit and ours.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]big Sam obviously see''s something, hence signing and loaning back until end of the season...[/quote]Yes, he sees potential, just like I''m sure AN does, but the difference is that we shouldn''t be spending money on players at this point who either:A) Won''t help with our promotion pushB) Won''t be ready for the first XI for a year or twoC) Won''t provide any genuine competition and threat to our existing playersI''d argue that Hendrie fits into all three of those categories, ergo it makes perfect sense to me to ignore him for now whilst concentrating on bringing in what we genuinely do need, rather than some maybe potential player who might never be good enough (Jarrett, Butterfield etc).

Has anybody mentioned yet that Alex Neil has already indicated he is not interested in signing him?

I thought that the deal had all fell thru and Hamilton said they weren''t too happy with West Ham so wonder what changed?

a) Olsson and Garrido are better

b) even if Olsson left, we have Toffolo to come back who is ripping it up at Swindon

c) We need to strengthen other areas before left back.

Yellowbeagle wrote the following post at 30/01/2015 5:06 PM:

I read that too, he said he wasnt ready. I''m not a fan of buying payers for the future, all you do at our level is hamper the players career and development.

YellowB I am with you, its just a shame that 3 of our summer signings fit this category

The lad at Swindon, San Miquel from arsenal & McGrandles

We are suffering now as our squad is lop sided with no wide left midfield players

Summer signings are different to the January sales. Summer is for short term and long term acquisitions (or ready and unready), players that are for the developement of the club. Thompson, Miquel and McGrandles could be good signings for next season. January is for players that can fit into the squad straight away imo.