Sign in to follow this  
Bill

THE LAST FAREWELL

as yet another harmless post gets taken downthis one featured a link to a Roger Whittaker song entitled the last farewellnot sure whether som one complainedor it is the work of that po faced bag of bin shyte Pickovereither way it''s goodnight from meit''s been fun for the past decade, but it no longer is

cheerio

It''s a shame for you are beautiful, many have loved you dearly... more dearly than the written post can tell.

Many here say there''s a wicked war a-blazing and the taste of war many members on here know so very well. Even now I see the foreign flag of another championship season raising. Teams are on fire as we sail into another season in this league. I have no fear of the championship, it brings no sorrow .But how bitter will be this last farewell.

What on earth was wrong with the other thread? I know we don''t see eye to eye on most things but to have that thread pulled is bollox. Ho-hum, i presume they have a reason.

Instead of pulling completely harmless threads, would it not make more sense to concentrate that time on updating this forum''s software and interface? I mean, i remember it being mentioned when NorwichTalk went live, but since..

Perhaps the other thread was frivolous and clearly there is no room any more for frivolity on this board.!!

It''s serious stuff only from now on!

BBOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Though defeats and booing gather all about this club, the team be torn apart upon the pitch, I shall smell again the fragrance of this grass, hot dogs and the heaving cheers that brought me once to this Carrow Road. And should we return home safe again to winning and consistent form, I shall watch the English mist roll through the directors box.

There''s a player whom lies rigged and ready on the sub bench. Tomorrow for old Delia he''ll sail onto the pitch, far away from his land of endless u21 games to a land full of booing, tissues flying on the pitch and poor form. And I shall be aboard my seat in that stadium tomorrow, though my heart is full of tears at this farewell.

[quote user="hogesar"]Instead of pulling completely harmless threads, would it not make more sense to concentrate that time on updating this forum''s software and interface? I mean, i remember it being mentioned when NorwichTalk went live, but since..[/quote][Y]We''ve had countless debt threads (still up btw), multi account holders still trolling around, that pink bloody spot leading to having to use adblockers and the mention of Norwichtalk leading to all sigs being banned. Yet a daft thread gets tugged. Priorities?!

I''m glad it was pulled.  Questionable sense of humour, if that is what it is called - and I don''t like Roger Whittaker songs either come to that.   I wish people would lay off our players a bit when they are having a rough patch.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]I wish people would lay off our players a bit when they are having a rough patch.[/quote]You mean.....like you did with Snoddy? [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]I wish people would lay off our players a bit when they are having a rough patch.[/quote]You mean.....like you did with Snoddy? [:S][/quote]

I will criticise any player,  Snoddy, Johnson, Whittaker or anyone else.  I would, I hope, stop  before ridiculing  a player though.

[quote user="lake district canary"]  I wish people would lay off our players a bit when they are having a rough patch.  

[/quote]Ahem. Lakey, old bean , you are skating on very thin ice making comments of that sort when , in the past few hours, you''ve posted a thread entitled ''The Brentford Goal'' in which you give not just one, but virtually the entire team a good roasting......

So, LDC consistently criticised our best player last season (Snodgrass) despite his performances and goals being the only thing close to keeping us up.
Yet a player who has struggled to find form this season has a thread with a bit of light-hearted humour and that''s wrong and deserves to be taken down?
The only logical conclusion is LDC is Sports Desk Pete*.
*(Sorry Pete, I wouldn''t actually be genuine in giving you that massive disservice).

Please reconsider C1. We rely on you for regular updates on the financial situation down at Poorman Rd. Otherwise I will have to lurk on TWTD.[:''(]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]  I wish people would lay off our players a bit when they are having a rough patch.   [/quote]Ahem. Lakey, old bean , you are skating on very thin ice making comments of that sort when , in the past few hours, you''ve posted a thread entitled ''The Brentford Goal'' in which you give not just one, but virtually the entire team a good roasting......[/quote]

Criticising - even roasting - is one thing.   Personal stuff and ridicule is something else - it''s little better than abuse.

City1st has left the Pinkun house.

Let''s take a look at your best bits.

oh dear, oh dearie me

you''re really not that bright are you

you really are terminally dim

hambition

hinvestors

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]  I wish people would lay off our players a bit when they are having a rough patch.   [/quote]Ahem. Lakey, old bean , you are skating on very thin ice making comments of that sort when , in the past few hours, you''ve posted a thread entitled ''The Brentford Goal'' in which you give not just one, but virtually the entire team a good roasting......[/quote]

Criticising - even roasting - is one thing.   Personal stuff and ridicule is something else - it''s little better than abuse.

[/quote]I''m the first to admit that I did not see the pulled thread in question, so cannot really comment on the words used.BUT.......the problem with your assertion (the bit I''ve highlighted) is that who is to judge where criticism stops and ridicule starts ?  In the past a large number of people (you and me included) have seen fit to criticise a player/manager/board member on here. And we''ve been howled down by some of the usual suspects for being ridiculous, disloyal, anti- club,personal etc etc etc. It''s always difficult to judge just what is and is not acceptable.In the main, I do not really like moderation of any forum, but if it is to happen then it should be done properly and thoroughly, with explanations and clear guidelines given. This current trend for threads to be summarily deleted without any explanation is , frankly , getting very tiresome.

I appear to be alone in being happy it was pulled on the basis it was again so lame that my sense of humour was offended.

I''m with you ZLF, although I learned long ago not to open and thread started by City 1st. I certainly have nothing against him, but the links through to awful jokes were painful.That''s not to say others didn''t enjoy them though, so although I''m happy it was pulled for selfish reasons, I''m not saying it necessarily should have been if others enjoyed it...

Perhaps City1st will utilise his additional free time to finally learn how betting markets are formed and the factors - other than volume of cash - that can affect them.

I''ll miss him though...perhaps he''ll be occasionally looking in on us from somewhere with Wiz. Like the Waldorf and Stadler of the Pink Un.