Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

What Exactly Is Being Boo'ed ?

I am confused again.

1. Is it the player being replaced who is boo''ed ?

2. Is it the substitute coming on that is boo''ed ?

3. Is it the decision by the manager to change the set up that is boo''ed ?

[*-)][8-)]

Whittaker was singled out an booed twice and it was a disgrace

Hooper decision was booed

Whittaker wasn''t booed twice.....the first booing was that everyone assumed that the number23 on the board was for us.......the manager was getting it for what some thought was Olsson.

Then Whittaker got tge brunt on his way off!

But you don''t see that sitting listening to the radio!😉

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I am confused again.

[*-)][8-)]

[/quote]Seriously, not having been at the last game, or many games, I suspect the recent booing may have an obvious particular cause, superficially prompted by this decision or that, but that the overall reason is a much more fundamental unhappiness with where we are and how we got there.Fans feel a great deal of frustration because they regard our relegation as unnecessary, a self-inflicted wound, and believe this season, when we should be favourites to go back up, has been a shambles.Myself, I think that greatly underestimates the effect of events and circumstances in which the answers were nothing like as obvious or clear-cut as reading this message-board would often suggest, so I am less angry than others.

I''m not sure you can say the fans are angry at all, just frustrated and dissapointed with some of the choices this season.

But no guarantees in manager or players....you take a gamble but the fans appear not to have bought into this gamble in Neil.

If he gets results that will turn.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

I am confused again.

[*-)][8-)]

[/quote]Seriously, not having been at the last game, or many games, I suspect the recent booing may have an obvious particular cause, superficially prompted by this decision or that, but that the overall reason is a much more fundamental unhappiness with where we are and how we got there.Fans feel a great deal of frustration because they regard our relegation as unnecessary, a self-inflicted wound, and believe this season, when we should be favourites to go back up, has been a shambles.Myself, I think that greatly underestimates the effect of events and circumstances in which the answers were nothing like as obvious or clear-cut as reading this message-board would often suggest, so I am less angry than others. [/quote]

Extremely well put Purple , I wonder if you will get the same pathetic response that Mr.Angry got on another thread , where he said he chose not to boo ,,, chose instead not to clap ,, and decried the witch hunt of any who demonstrated their own frustrations differently ,,

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I am confused again.

3. Is it the decision by the manager to change the set up that is boo''ed ?[/quote]

I completely agree with this.

The player coming off will almost certainly assume it''s him being booed....

Likewise the player coming on, so it will hardly do much for his confidence before he''s even kicked a ball....

And the manager will automatically assume it''s directed at him even if it''s not.

Booing a substitution can NOT help the team in any way. If you must boo, save it until the end of the game and then boo your heart out but give the team your full support until then.

The people who booed are venting their frustration of the whole scenario. Whittaker''s performance just gives them a means to vent it. imo it wasn''t about specific players (because who expect Whiits to be able to play as a defensive midfield?) I think it''s more about our situation as a whole.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]The people who booed are venting their frustration of the whole scenario. Whittaker''s performance just gives them a means to vent it. imo it wasn''t about specific players (because who expect Whiits to be able to play as a defensive midfield?) I think it''s more about our situation as a whole.[/quote]And how exactly are the players supposed to know that? Any player trudging off will naturally assume it''s aimed at him.

It was obvious that Whits was having a poor game and that leaving him on for the second half was inviting an adverse reaction. A sensible manager would have spared him that by replacing him at half time for that reason alone and not just tactically. Many managers have done this in the past and explained their reaction at the end of the game. I''ve heard it from John Bond, Stringer and even Lambert.I know many won''t agree but I think it was down to naive management on the part of Alex Neil. Whits gave of his best but he was at the mercy of any small slip up after his first half performance and should have been spared what was going to be an obvious reaction when he was finally withdrawn.It can be a tough old time being a footballer when you go through a bad patch but they are well paid and if they don''t have the character to withstand it then they won''t last long in the game. They are happy to take the adulation but they are only one match away from the other side of the coin. That''s life and that''s football.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="mrs miggins"]The people who booed are venting their frustration of the whole scenario. Whittaker''s performance just gives them a means to vent it. imo it wasn''t about specific players (because who expect Whiits to be able to play as a defensive midfield?) I think it''s more about our situation as a whole.[/quote]And how exactly are the players supposed to know that? Any player trudging off will naturally assume it''s aimed at him.[/quote]It is a fair point, lapps. Perhaps for the next home game the EDP could print and have placed on every seat at Carrow Road a card that booers could hold up with something like this on it:"I AM BOOING BECAUSE I FEEL A FUNDAMENTAL DISSATISFACTION WITH PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING. I AM BY NATURE NORMALLY A GLOOMY SOD BUT THE LAST TWO SEASONS HAVE DONE MY HEAD IN. BOOING IS THE ONLY RELEASE THAT KEEPS ME EVEN HALF-SANE. INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS SHOULD NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING."That should solve the problem...[;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="mrs miggins"]The people who booed are venting their frustration of the whole scenario. Whittaker''s performance just gives them a means to vent it. imo it wasn''t about specific players (because who expect Whiits to be able to play as a defensive midfield?) I think it''s more about our situation as a whole.[/quote]And how exactly are the players supposed to know that? Any player trudging off will naturally assume it''s aimed at him.[/quote]

I doubt if Hooper or anyone else in the ground on Saturday thought the booing was directed at the player being withdrawn. Lets not be silly, Lapps, we all know who the boo''s were directed at.

Um the board went up and Whittaker started jogging toward the bench that''s when he started getting jeered. The idiot fans then realised it wasn''t for him. Stopped. And then recommenced when he was actually subbed after that. You''d know that Indy if you''d been to a game of football in your life. Knob.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="mrs miggins"]The people who booed are venting their frustration of the whole scenario. Whittaker''s performance just gives them a means to vent it. imo it wasn''t about specific players (because who expect Whiits to be able to play as a defensive midfield?) I think it''s more about our situation as a whole.[/quote]And how exactly are the players supposed to know that? Any player trudging off will naturally assume it''s aimed at him.[/quote]

I doubt if Hooper or anyone else in the ground on Saturday thought the booing was directed at the player being withdrawn. Lets not be silly, Lapps, we all know who the boo''s were directed at.[/quote]

LOL and the shouts of "Whittaker, you''re not fit to wear the fecking shirt" were probably directed at someone else, possibly also named Wittaker, who was wearing a dodgy shirt....

BUH me old mate you really wasn''t there as when Witts started towards the bench thinking he was off there was a cheer! Then the board went up it turned loud booing and then died off as everyone realised it was for Brentford......then when Whitts got confirmed the crowd did indeed boo him and not good form in my book.

But heck others will confirm this, not sure if the radio picked that up for you to hear?

The denial and cowardice of said booers is the biggest indication of their characters.

Wasters. Tourists.

You need to adjust your ear trumpet old man because your radio clearly isn''t loud enough

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="mrs miggins"]The people who booed are venting their frustration of the whole scenario. Whittaker''s performance just gives them a means to vent it. imo it wasn''t about specific players (because who expect Whiits to be able to play as a defensive midfield?) I think it''s more about our situation as a whole.[/quote]And how exactly are the players supposed to know that? Any player trudging off will naturally assume it''s aimed at him.[/quote]

I doubt if Hooper or anyone else in the ground on Saturday thought the booing was directed at the player being withdrawn. Lets not be silly, Lapps, we all know who the boo''s were directed at.[/quote]

LOL and the shouts of "Whittaker, you''re not fit to wear the fecking shirt" were probably directed at someone else, possibly also named Wittaker, who was wearing a dodgy shirt....

[/quote]When Whits was withdrawn the boo''s were obviouly directed at him.When Hooper was withdrawn they were directed at the management team for what was a stupid decision. We all knew that Whits would have to go eventually. By not doing it earlier Alex Neil made a rod for his own back and for poor old Whits as well.But then you already knew that Nigel.[:D]

Although I agree that its distructive and is not something I doo.....I can also see that a bit of pressure at the half time or final whistle is acceptable in my book.

Still we can fall out about it or we can agree to disagree buh but I was there and will be again next home game!

If this season had gone much better, but were still losing against Brentford and Whittaker was taken off, do you seriously think he would''ve got that reaction. The booing (by stupid people) has to be looked at in terms of context. When Whitts went off, a lot of the frustration was vented at him, but it''s only because he part of the whole reason for the fans dissatisfaction.

Call for Hoolahan...Hoolahan comes on...boo the decision...and the ironic cheers for Whittaker when he was subbed were classless.

Hooper had been as bad as anyone before he was taken off and Martin, Turner and Cuellar were all as bad if not worse than the out of position Whittaker in their "home" berths.

The joke of all this is the attempted justification. The cold, hard, simple fact is that the booing was because we weren''t WINNING.

We were outplayed by our opponents from start to finish but heaven knows what the booing is supposed to achieve. Further demoralising players that know they''re not playing well? Making the manager only put on experienced players to protect the kids from the poison? Giving the manager notice that the team will be performing in front of a fickle following every week?

Oh no. This booing is my entitlement because I''ve bought a ticket. I''m entitled to see Norwich win and if they don''t I want someone to know that I''m mighty annoyed by it.

I used to think that the glory-hunting Bin Dippers, Mancs, Gooners were the worst type of supporter that could be spawned by football but the Premier League and all its money has destroyed that.

They''re still awful but the impostors that inhabit our stadium who only offer SUPPORT when we are winning - and therefore by definition in least need of it - could well be worse.

We currently sit 8th in the Championship, historically I''d argue that as a position, it probably fits us about right. About 28th of 92. We want to be better than that but actively not supporting your team can surely only hinder rather than help us to achieve that common goal?

Booooooooooooooooooo

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]Call for Hoolahan...Hoolahan comes on...boo the decision...and the ironic cheers for Whittaker when he was subbed were classless.

Hooper had been as bad as anyone before he was taken off and Martin, Turner and Cuellar were all as bad if not worse than the out of position Whittaker in their "home" berths.

The joke of all this is the attempted justification. The cold, hard, simple fact is that the booing was because we weren''t WINNING.

We were outplayed by our opponents from start to finish but heaven knows what the booing is supposed to achieve. Further demoralising players that know they''re not playing well? Making the manager only put on experienced players to protect the kids from the poison? Giving the manager notice that the team will be performing in front of a fickle following every week?

Oh no. This booing is my entitlement because I''ve bought a ticket. I''m entitled to see Norwich win and if they don''t I want someone to know that I''m mighty annoyed by it.

I used to think that the glory-hunting Bin Dippers, Mancs, Gooners were the worst type of supporter that could be spawned by football but the Premier League and all its money has destroyed that.

They''re still awful but the impostors that inhabit our stadium who only offer SUPPORT when we are winning - and therefore by definition in least need of it - could well be worse.

We currently sit 8th in the Championship, historically I''d argue that as a position, it probably fits us about right. About 28th of 92. We want to be better than that but actively not supporting your team can surely only hinder rather than help us to achieve that common goal?

Booooooooooooooooooo[/quote]Grow up, its a mans game not a pantomime. You are not actively supporting your team by sitting there cheering while you can see a disaster happening in front of your eyes and no action being taken to avert it. I''ve seen us lose hundreds of times without resorting to booing but those who were the subject of the booing on Saturday got pretty much what they deserved IMO.It took me up to the WBA game before I booed Hughton so it can hardly be said that he didn''t get a fair crack of the whip.

Grow up? Says the petulant pensioner?

Do me a favour.

It''s pathetic. Nobody cares that you waited until WBA to boo Hughton, the fact that you did and were part of the reactionary clapper throwing mass helped what?

You think we were better off in the last 5 games for sacking him? Were we better off with Adams? Were we better off Saturday when you got your booing out again?

Well...we booed him out, then the next one quit and now the new one has lost a game and played a player out of position when we only have one fit Central midfielder....boooooo.....

Get him out too....

The booing fraternity are like the flies that keep gravitating to the beautiful blue light in a kitchen. BZZZZ OW! BZZZZZ OW! BZZZZZZ OW! BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

That ones dead....ring up the next one on the waiting list......

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]I''m sure your booing of Whittaker will lead to him playing so much better next time, well done.[/quote]If God couldn''t make him a better player then there''s little I can do to help.