Sign in to follow this  
daz

bournemouth champs ?

winning again... and the boy kermorgant who missed a pen against us just scored a pen..

70% possession etc....

1 team who don''t look like slipping up... playoffs at best for us ? :( and maybe main thing to at least get a result against the scum ..

70% possession against ten men from 26 seconds of the game starting. Watching the game with interest, Watford by far superior in terms of ability on the ball, but Bournemouth work hard, particularly movement on and off the ball. They never stand still thus giving the man on the ball plenty of options, a lesson there for our own team to take on.

Watford, whilst down to ten for all the last half have managed to create the better chances all told, definitely superior in terms of ability, unfortunate for the penalty, though deserved, but thats football.

Oh and as an aside, how the hell did Howson get sent off and banned for three games if Harry Arta can go in studs up and receive just a yellow??

Total inconsistency in refereeing standards!

hard working team ? makes chances, always making space and effort and hungry....

sounds like Brentford last week :/

WE need to start giving 100%......

I hope AN has kicked some ar$es this week.....

2-0, agreed, hard work, movement off the ball, create spaces and good finishing!! If only!

Morris has a lot of improving to do to get to that level.

I''m not really sure what result I want tonight but I guess i''m resigned to the fact that playoffs is the best we can hope for now, so it''s good in that sense.

I wouldn''t begrudge them it. They''ve been pretty consistent and play decent football on the whole. Them and Brentford.

If not us let it be Bournemouth, that sending off within 1st minute made it a bit easier for them tonight, very tidy well organised side as have been all season, not always easy against 10 men, as Cam showed them....

Hard working team and as their Captain just said have a tremendous team spirit, reminds me of City in the Promotion years, not necessarily the best technical team but a hard work ethic with a good team spirit and belief in one another can work wonders!

Hard work and team spirit have helped Bournemouth, but unlike us their hard work is smart work. They don''t tend to waste their energy chasing after endless long punts upfield.According to McNally several plastics were in contact begging for a return to the Lambert hoofball of yesteryear. They didn''t like any of the passing seen under Adams, and instead wanted the ball to be hoofed up the pitch at every opportunuty because it was exciting and gave them a massive thrill.But what we''ll end up with under Alex Neil will be less like Lambert, more like Megson. It will be similar to what we witnessed against Brentford, ie dreadful hoofball that is worse than anything witnessed under Hughton or Adams.If anyone wishes we played a passing game like Bournmouth, Swansea or Brentford then please realise it won''t happen anytime soon. The plastics have spoken and McNally has listened.

If Bournemouth keep getting to play against 10 men, due to dodgy decisions (anyone seen last nights? That one was made by Lee Probert......., truly awful) then they will have a great chance, to add to their excellent play

Bournemouth have a team who technically very good in possession. All the players have great first touches and their passing accuracy is great. When in possession they stretch the pitch out in length and width. Two good wide players who are both two footed and a neat and tidy Surman doing a David Fox type role.

They are the most consistent team in this division but we managed to take 4 points off them (should have been 6)

interesting this; we beat watford 3-0 after they go a man down early in the game; our domination of watford was similar to last nights game.

We also beat bournemouth recently.

The only things that bournemouth have over us is consistency and team spirit. If only we can find those all is still not yet lost. Do our squad want it???

Bournemouth as a team ,, are like a youngster building a giant "Jenga " they are fully on tip toes now , reaching to put the top pieces on , referees and officials are the adult who is helping them precariously balance the pieces , higher and higher,, soon the moment will arrive when the tower tumbles .

Alternatively ,, they will get promoted and suffer Leicester or Derby of the past type humiliation in the premier league , and relegation .

My point being that they seem to be having an inordinate amount of good fortune to get them to where they are , helping confidence and team spirit , it does not however endow them with the longevity that they will need to ultimately succeed,, on the other hand , maybe they are the new Swansea ? Nah !