STAN

Your team for Birmingham..

4-2-3-1

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Tettey Johnson

Bennett Hoolahan Redmond

Grabban

Depends on fitness, Howson still banned.

I don''t buy into two holding midfielders we adopted this under Hughton and it''s not gone away!

4-1-3-2 for me.

Whittaker, Martin, Bassong, Olsson

Johnson

Bennett, Wes, Redmond

Jerome, Grabban

Thats the starting 11 for me. Yes we have injuries and if Tettey or others were fit then fine change it, I''m going on the idea that those injured will still not be fit.

Elliot Bennett seems a very nice bloke .......... but what on earth did either he or Lafferty give us on Saturday.

Just remember that Murphy is now getting the same comments about his game that Redmond was getting about six months ago and Redmond is now our most valuable player.

If we are to play two wingers it must be Redmond and Murphy.

Personally I would go for a 442 with Johnson left, providing Tettey and O''Neill are fit.

Sorry, I should have put my full team (although it is really too early because of injury news):

I haven''t dropped Hooper!

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Redmond Rettey O''Neill Johnson

Hooper Jerome

Please tell me Rettey isn''t our new midfield signing from the Scottish lower leagues!?

Ruddy
Martin    Turner    Bassong   Olssen
                         Tettey
Redmond       Hoolahan     Johnson
                Hooper    Jerome
Just musing about a potential formation, I don''t really like the idea of Hoolahan but with O''Neil and Howson out, I''m not sure.
Depends somewhat on the injury to Tettey as well and Bassong may well be currently performing shit in training so that''s a bit of a blind guess.
Maybe Neil should play himself in midfield... can''t do any worse than Whittaker!

It''s looking more a case of the teams motivation and hunger for the match than the actual players chosen in the starting 11. I will go for the team spirit that outplayed Derby on their own patch for this weekend.

Bennett? Had no impact when coming on and was worse than Lafferty who at least covered the AWOL Olsson. Not for me

[quote user="JF"]I will go for the team spirit that outplayed Derby on their own patch for this weekend.[/quote]
We are potentially missing Howson, O''Neil and Tettey from that squad though, so very unlikely unfortunatly.

Can see no reason to play Bennett. He just has not moved on since coming here. Anonymous on Saturday. He has had enough chances, I would let him go.

I thought Hooper and Jerome were beginning to look useful and developing a good understanding. Admittedly Hooper had a poor game against Brentford but appeared to be playing more up front but of course we did not have a midfield. So would stick with him at Birmingham although fail to understand why the experienced Jerome was caught offside on so many occasions.

Difficult to name a side as we have several doubts through injury. By the way why do we have so many players out injured !!!

Yellow wall, i''m not Eliott Bennetts biggest fan either. I also agree that in ideal world we''d leave Redmond on the right.

But this isn''t an ideal world and in my opinion we haven''t got a left winger worthy of starting. I can''t agree that the things being said about Murphy are the same as Redmond was getting 6 months ago. Murphy is still a long way off being a regular starter for Norwich.

Ruddy, Turner, Bassong, Tettey (if fit), Redmond and Jerome.

Pick names out of a hat for the other positions.

Ruddy

E.Bennett R.Bennett Bassong Garrido

Tettey Johnson

Redmond Hooper Murphy

Jerome

Happily change that god awfull back 4.

--------------------Ruddy-------------------

Martin---Bassong---Turner---Garrido

-------------Tettey-----Johnson----------

Redmond-----Hoolahan-------Olsson

------------------Grabban-----------------

I think Ryan Bennett is injured

Yep, Garrido the player who once played for Man City and has never let us down when given a chance.

Why not, cannot do any worse than any of the pther defenders who have performed so poorly lately.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]...has never let us down when given a chance.[/quote]
Clearly you didn''t go to Shrewsbury...

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Yep, Garrido the player who once played for Man City and has never let us down when given a chance.

Why not, cannot do any worse than any of the pther defenders who have performed so poorly lately.[/quote]I think Olsson may be on his way before the window closes, so it might be worth getting Garrido back into the team on a ''needs must'' basis. We lack a natural left winger, and I think Olsson has the pace and dynamism to do a decent job. For one match only, I would go with:RuddyMartin Cuellar Turner GarridoRedmond Tettey (if fit) Johnson OlssonHoolahanJeromeIt looks quite defensive, but should give us a good grip on midfield. 4-5-1 away from home is a good option when you have a creative player of Wes''s class to play behind a striker, similar to Pritchard''s role for Brentford on Saturday. If Tettey''s injured then I guess it''ll be a diamond with Wes at the point, unless Vadis shows up on the radar again - anyone know if he''s close to a comeback?Whatever happens, we need to sign a left-sided midfielder before the window closes, even if it''s on loan.If Olsson stays, he takes LB back from Garrido for the Blackpool match. If Olsson goes, we spend the money on Stephen Hendrie and a LM (loan or permanent, depending on money available). If Redmond leaves, we can wave goodbye to the top six.