Sign in to follow this  
johnb

team for birmingham game

I agree with 4231 formation and team selection I think it is time to give grabban a chance he got better movement and Bennet down the right Redmond down the left with hoplahan behind we have to freshen it up basoong has to come back and if tettey back we will be more sold in front of the back four it will be a tough game Gary rowett turned them around but it is a game we have to get a result if we are serious about the playoffs by

Ruddy, Martin, Turner, Bassong, Olsson, Bennett, Johnson, Tettey (is he back?), Redmond, Hooper, Jerome.

If we go with that tired same back two against Gray then we might as well throw the towel in at kick off!

Talking of him, we should take a bottle of red down to share with Rowett at the end of the game and discuss buying Gray off them for £5m. No messing around, we need a spark and Gray would be a fantastic show of intent.

Ruddy, Martin, Bassong, Turner, Olsson, Redmond, Johnson, Tettey, Hoolahan, Hooper, JeromeGive the diamond a crack. Tettey at the base, Jonno left, Redmond right, Wes at the tip. We need to get the ball down and play, not that horrendous hoof ball cr&p. They''re going to come at us so we have to be prepared to attack.

In the absence of any signings.....no surprise there eh?

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Turner Garrido

Redmond Tettey Johnson Ollson

Hooper Jerome

Subs Cuellar Hoolahan Murphy Grabban Lafferty Rudd and any other defender available except Whittaker!

Same old faces, maybe a tweak or two..

Ruddy

Martin, Bassong, Turner, Garrido.

Johnson

Redmond Ollson

Hoolahan

Hooper Jerome

Subs; Rudd, Cueller, Grabban, Murphy, McGrandles, Lafferty.

Obviously this is based on O''Neil &Tettey not being fit, and Howson is still banned !

I think he will stick with 4141 and with the absence of howson much depends on tetteys groin and guess he will go

Martin cuellar bassong olsson

Tettey

Redmond. Hooper bj Lafferty

Jerome

If tettey out bj drops back for prop Whits but maybe mcgrandles.

I would bring garrido in for olsson too

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Tettey Johnson

E.Bennett Hoolahan Redmond

Jerome

Rudd Cuellar Whittaker McGrandles Lafferty Grabban Hooper

Rustyboy wrote the following post at 26/01/2015 4:40 PM:

I think AN will experiment for this one:

BUNN

HOOPER

HOOLAHAN

TURNER

MURPHY

BASSONG

MARTIN

WHITAKER

RUDD

RUDDY

JEROME

The three keepers might well prove to be a turning point for us, should keep the old goals against column well under control.

[quote user="Jim Moriarty"]RUDDY

MARTIN

TURNER

BASSONG

GARRIDO

REDMOND

TETTEY

JOHNSON

OLSSON

HOOLAHAN

HOOPER

SUBS:

RUDD; WHITTAKER; E.BENNETT; MCGRANDLES; MURPHY; JEROME; GRABBAN[/quote]You drop our top scorer for Hoolahan?[:S]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]RUDDY

WHITAKER

TURNER

BASSONG

OLSSON

JOHNSON

HOWSON

REDMOND

WES

GRABBAN

JEROME[/quote]Howson?  For someone who is so ''up'' on everything, he''s banned.[;)]

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Jim Moriarty"]RUDDY

MARTIN

TURNER

BASSONG

GARRIDO

REDMOND

TETTEY

JOHNSON

OLSSON

HOOLAHAN

HOOPER

SUBS:

RUDD; WHITTAKER; E.BENNETT; MCGRANDLES; MURPHY; JEROME; GRABBAN[/quote]You drop our top scorer for Hoolahan?[:S][/quote]
Now I know you and I have different opinions about my Wessie but even I wouldn''t drop Jerome for him, now let me see who else I could drop for him [:)]

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Howson Tettey Johnson

Redmond

Hooper Jerome

Don''t understand why the massive need to try to include hoolahan into everyone''s side. Even suggesting dropping hooper/jerome is crazy. The work hooper does dropping deep creating chances/laying the ball off is so unnoticed and he has scored his fair share. Ive said it time and time again hoolahan doesn''t score enough goals to play in a 4411 it just puts pressure on midfielders to get into the box and it isolates the loan striker. Also forgetting defence is the real issue were leaking too many goals at the back yet everyone wants to make changes bringing more creativity, when in reality we need more stability? Midfield 3 of tettey, Howson and Johnson.

Was a toss up between Jerome & Hooper, but went with the latter as I think he has more quality.

For me we have looked a much better team this season with Hoolahan in the team than not.

" Rustyboy wrote the following post at 26/01/2015 4:40 PM:

BUNN

HOOPER

HOOLAHAN

TURNER

MURPHY

BASSONG

MARTIN

WHITAKER

RUDD

RUDDY

JEROME

The three keepers might well prove to be a turning point for us, should keep the old goals against column well under control."

-----------------------------

Maybe the goalkeepers on field will be told to wear gloves and briefed to track back and block any goals wherever possible and accept any red cards.

KoromaCrab wrote the following post at 30/01/2015 11:14 AM:

BUNN

HOOPER

HOOLAHAN

TURNER

MURPHY

BASSONG

MARTIN

WHITAKER

RUDD

RUDDY

JEROME

The three keepers might well prove to be a turning point for us, should keep the old goals against column well under control."

Maybe the goalkeepers on field will be told to wear gloves and briefed to track back and block any goals wherever possible and accept any red cards.

Please don''t make frivolous remarks, it upsets YW.☺️

Mr Jenkins wrote the following post at 30/01/2015 11:33 AM:

BUNN

HOOPER

HOOLAHAN

TURNER

MURPHY

BASSONG

MARTIN

WHITAKER

RUDD

RUDDY

JEROME

.......... and you wonder why fewer and fewer people contribute to this board.

Yellow Wall wrote the following post at 30/01/2015 12:21 PM:

Mr Jenkins wrote the following post at 30/01/2015 11:33 AM:

BUNN

HOOPER

HOOLAHAN

TURNER

MURPHY

BASSONG

MARTIN

WHITAKER

RUDD

RUDDY

JEROME

.......... and you wonder why fewer and fewer people contribute to this board.

Miserable old Git. Boooooooooooo

Pass the pile cream Doris!😜

I''d like to see a 4-2-3-1
RUDDY
MARTIN
TURNER
BASSONG
GARRIDO
JOHNSON
TETTEY
MURPHY / LAFFERTY
HOOLAHAN
REDMOND
JEROME / GRABBAN
Hooper misses out because I don''t think he can do the lone striker role. Potentially could play instead of Hoolahan. Lafferty has been immensely disappointing since he scored his 1st goal - I don''t remember him making a decent successful pass or even retaining the ball productively, but I also don''t rate Murphy as highly as others. If we had Howson or O''neil available i''d put Johnson the left side of the 3.

I too would prefer to see a 4231 Hogesar - I think our squad is a natural fit for it but not sure that the manager has yet learned that.

Once again the 2pm tweet from the club becomes a key moment on match day

if we go Turner & Cuellar then im worried.

remember clayton donaldsons pace causing Turner and Hooiveld loads of problems in the home fixture.

surely Bassong will be back in or i would even welcome Martin back at centre half over those two cart horses.

The birmingham game was another where gray was able to exploited the hole behind our full back. Close that and he, nor donaldson, will have much impact.

Donaldson benefited from space as we left ourselves spread across the backline covering those holes. If those gaps are not there then defending pace become so much easier. John Terry is no longer quick but defends his position and is rarely exposed as slow.

But I agree cjrv 2014 I would not want to see a turner cuellar combo again.