Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Louis Thompson paying us a visit

The signing of this boy plus McGrandles and Miquel charaterised Neil Adams''s tenure. He certainly had an eye on the future and it all suggests he planned to be part of it.A real pity there was something lacking and it all went wrong, but there has to be doubts in the mind that if NA had been given more time things might well have worked out well. The problem was that everything was for the "now" with club and supporters alike expecting a swift return upwards and we began to drift badly.This promotion seems a forlorn hope now in any case, but with these three promising youngsters in waiting we might yet have reason to be grateful for the job Adams did at NCFC.

Broadstairs

Miquel not one for the future he is 22 and about L1/2 standard a complete duffer - waste of money - sorry

May be, but that''s not too old to progress, especially as a CD.It is as premature to write him off already as it is Alex Neil.I prefer to be more positive about things, but not without a dose of reality when necessary.If what you have said is the case, then we have some pretty poor scouting staff to contemplate.

I must say I''d be expecting a 22 year old to at least be involved in the first team, especially as it sounds like we paid a decent fee for him. The fact he doesn''t even make the bench worries me.

Perhaps we should look at Daniel Ayala who, at the age of 24, has at last become a regular in a Championship team.

Central defenders quite often take longer to mature (as do goalkeepers).

We paid apparently £800,000 for Ayala and then let him move on for £350,000.

Perhaps we shouldn''t be so eager to write off another young centre back who we might well need in a season or two and who might well improve to the standard of Daniel Ayala who, I am sure, many of us would probably prefer to still be with us considering who we have at the moment.

Thank you Swindon. That is very interesting. I agree Broadstairs that na bought for the future as that was one of his many strengths. The Murphy Mcgeechin Loans Morris Toffolo and the rest tell me that we have a strong future.

[quote user="Newton"]Broadstairs

Miquel not one for the future he is 22 and about L1/2 standard a complete duffer - waste of money - sorry[/quote]You do realise that no one will respect what you have to say until you start being realistic.A number of people keep calling for Ryan Bennett to play more regularly as they feel he is one of the two best defenders we have at CB. He''ll be 25 in March, we signed him in Jan 2012 - so three years ago and he has made all of 31 appearances. So in many ways, he is pretty similar to Miquel in terms of where they were at respective ages for our club. The difference is we paid £3million + for Bennett.Give the young chap a break. As others have said 22 is still young for a center back, and who knows, he might get a chance and take you by surprise.One thing I am dead certain about - you have seen him play perhaps once. Great judgement.

Good point Chicken. Young centre backs and keepers have to learn to read the game that is in front of them more than further outfield players. It takes time.

At international level these are usually the oldest players on the pitch.

Wake up Herman

Ryan Bennett played center back at 16/17 years of age  for Grimsby in 2006/7  he has played over 250 games professional games