Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Good point and clean sheet...

Away to a rejuvenated Birmingham side who have shown promotion form since they have had their new manager. 1p5wich on the other hand failing to beat a dismal Wigan and now failing to score in their last 3 home games. Happy days.

Not for me, yes birmingham have done well recently but by the sounds of it they were poor and there for the taking. If we want to get up the table we need to go for it a bit more, we weren''t turning the screw enough and sounds like the changes should''ve come much sooner (especially when zigic came on).

Good point - no

Clean sheet - yes.

imo

It is all thing considered, but after throwing it all away in Sep/Oct/Dec nothing but a win will satisfy people as we''ve already fallen behind so much. This isn''t going to be a fun end to the season with the pressure on every single game. This, like any other draw we get between now and the end of the season feels like a loss

It would have been a good point if we''d have won last week.

Has to be at least 7 points from the next 3 games if we''re going to have a chance at avoiding failure this season.

We are going backwards.

Playing awfully poor week in week out

Losing ground on the top 6 with a few teams catching us in 8th

Village team manager and assistant

How can anything be good?

Miggins just likes to spout any old carp, usually non-football related!

This was not a good point AT ALL! The pressures on now in a big way. Since we dropped out the play-offs we''ve not been back in it have we? If anything we''ve dropped further away. Like last season when we started slipping and time starts running out!

But OP feel free to clap,clap,clap as you''ll be in great company on this message board!

3 points of the play offs with plenty of games to go. Not what we expected but hardly a disaster is it?

Maccy''s Back wrote the following post at 31/01/2015 5:25 PM:Miggins just likes to spout any old carp, usually non-football related!

This was not a good point AT ALL! The pressures on now in a big way. Since we dropped out the play-offs we''ve not been back in it have we? If anything we''ve dropped further away. Like last season when we started slipping and time starts running out!

----------------------------

which part of my post do you disagree with?

Our best defender is back too! AN deserves credit for getting him sorted out, it will be vital in the long term. A HUGE positive that shouldn''t be ignored just because we are disappointed about the last couple of games.

I''m encouraged about today.   A central defensive pairing that is capable and with Tettey in front of them, a spine is there that should be up to any demands put upon it.     AN can build on today and the clean sheet, work around that spine and try and keep it intact so consistency can develop there and throughout the team.   Good to see changes being made - it means all players in the squad will feel they are in with a chance of playing and will keep them all honest. 

AN and FM need time  - but there is still time to push for the play offs, or even higher if we put a run together. 

Not that we shouldn''t, I think realistically it''s out of reach for us to achieve top 2, the top 3 are looking very strong but you never know, stranger things have happened I guess.

Disappointing not to score against the leakiest home defence in the league (I think) but great to have Seb back and minutes under his belt.

Can''t afford to bench Jerome and Hooper - there''s no other side in this division that wouldn''t start them when fit.

Neil said Jerome wasn''t fit, been struggling with a hamstring injury.

A good point?Not when you consider that Bournemouth won 8-0 there & Derby 4-0That''s the difference - we struggle to get a 0-0 but the top 2 clubs both win easily.That''s why we''re 8th

Under a different manager. Birmingham have done well of late, are up to 11th and 7 points behind us.

[quote user="JF"]Under a different manager. Birmingham have done well of late, are up to 11th and 7 points behind us.[/quote]Doesn''t matter how well they''ve been doing of late.It''s the luck of the draw, you play teams on good runs & you play teams on bad runs.To get promotion from our position at the moment you have to win games like today''s because if you don''t you just fall further behind.It''s as simple as that

Clean sheet and a point away from home against a side who are on the up. May not be great but after what happened last Saturday it has to be an improvement.

Gives us something to build on for the Blackpool game.

I went to the game today and I didn''t see the game others appear to have watched (or listened to).

First, Birmingham were playing for a draw from the outset (a compliment of sorts) but it is disappointing that we weren''t able to break them down.

Second, Elliott, Grabban & Whittaker were well short of their best or the standard required to win the game.

Third, the formation didn''t seem to work, forward players were static and often midfield players brought the ball forward only to find no forward options and to turn and pass backwards.

Defensively we looked more solid than we have this season though Ruddy saved us once in the second half. Unfortunately, changes were made too late to be effective but bringing on Jerome, Murphy & Hooper at least showed intent.

It sounds negative but I''ve no axe to grind and wish AN well - but there''s no way that performance points to imminent automatic promotion or even a play-off place. I just hope things click in the coming weeks and our competitors stall.