Sign in to follow this  
bainster

1981-1983 official NCFC shirt?

Morning all.

This is my first post so hope I have done it right!

Long shot here but just wondering if anyone can help me with a NCFC shirt is bought on ebay...

It''s supposedly a 1981-1983 adidas shirt (pre-Poll Withey sponsorship)

Does anyone own one of these? If so does it have any official Norwich labels inside or just the Adidas label in the neck?

If someone could let me know to cure my curiosity that would be great.

If someone owns one and could send me a photo of theirs even better :-)

Cheers

this is what you should have bought...

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/n/norwich/old-norwich-football-shirt-s7126.html

Funny enough been keeping my eye for one too....the best shirt we had....want an away shirt in large the white n green pin stipe, great shirt.

Good luck, would be nice to get adidas with a retro theme shirt as our next supplier.....not a chance.

Hi guys

Thanks for the messages and the link!

This is the photo of my shirt, not sure if it''s legitimate as looks slightly different from the link you sent me

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Norwich-City-Shirt-1981-84-/271740333320?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=UyEEx7EOSOm0O90%252FymnmlnZ%252Fb5M%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Cheers,

Iain

Bainster,

Your shirt looks legit to me. I don''t recall the football the canary sits on having any detail on it though such as in the pics you link to, although I''ve never seen this particular shirt that closely before.

A very nice shirt.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Bainster,

Your shirt looks legit to me. I don''t recall the football the canary sits on having any detail on it though such as in the pics you link to, although I''ve never seen this particular shirt that closely before.

A very nice shirt.[/quote]This. The ball has been plain ever since it was redesigned. Does anyone know if it was tweaked for Adidas?

I''m afraid that''s probably a fake/non-official replica, as I don''t think Adidas ever made a retro of that shirt.

The original shirt (I had one as a lad in the early 80s) was a lighter yellow and it had less pinstripes. From memory the Adidas logo was printed/embossed, not stitched and the tag inside the shirt was a ''hang'' tag on the collar rather than being stitched directly onto the back on the shirt.

Here''s a genuine early 80s replica for reference:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Norwich-City-Football-Shirt-1981-Trikot-Maglia-Camiseta-Rare-Adidas-S-/281489565527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item418a15e757&nma=true&si=3LTSNilYbVEYJcvYCgVVKML0IU8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it :)

Ultramagnetic...thanks for the ebay link too, looks like I have had my pants pulled down with mine then :( absolutely gutted :(

I cant imagine that many people these days would be able to tell the difference between a genuine shirt and a replica from that era.

It''s probably the best shirt design we ever had and yours isnt any worse than the other replicas out there. So I wouldnt worry too much about wearing it...

Thanks Herman & Ultramagnetic

I agree most people wont know but it''s the fact I do know so is just a bit painful knowing I''m wearing a probable fake that cost me ~£60! lol!

Cheers :-)

I would imagine you''re within your rights when it comes to getting a refund.

You could contact the seller and say that it''s not a genuine early 80''s Adidas shirt and that you want your money back. If they refuse, escalate it with ebay and open a case against the seller. Ebay will normally side with the buyer if you can prove that the shirt you''ve bought is not genuine. So send some images of the genuine shirt from the previous auction to back up your case.

Oh, and if you return the shirt by post, send it recorded delivery too...